Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Well, IT HAS BEGUN!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 12:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man, tell me about it! This build started back in may of 06... been in the works since before i even painted it the first time. I would say from may till november, the car was just sitting, able to drivem with me and the Guys at V.R.E. deciding how are we gonna accomidate my/our power goals while maintaining a/c, powersteering, stereo.... with a relative budget. This car has pretty much torn me apart financially and now that i can feel secure a bit, i go ahead and get a ski.... man, maybe my GF was right, "Im crazy!!"

she's cute though so i'll stick with her. Anyways, *sigh* i think we have just about all the parts need, maybe for the exception of a few little nuggets here and there. Been think ALOT about tires and those nitto's aren't gonna cut it. I would love to go a MT 315/17 DR however, im hesitant because it frequently rains down here, though this year has been a record-setting drought.. but, it does rain kinda unexpectily.. i want a tire if i am out in the camaro, i can atleast take it slow and be confident that it can get me home.

anyways, thanks! That vette looks hot! Almost looks like you have some diffuser work done to the rear..
Old 05-19-2007, 10:18 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's one hell of a build you've got going. Keep with it!
Old 05-21-2007, 10:59 AM
TECH Addict

thanks, cant say that there hasn't been any set backs that makes you rethink the project..

but there is no way im stoppin' now!

Anyways, got a couple pics of the car finished. It still neededs to be buffed, it looks dull in these pics. Also, the new spoiler and mirrors need to be hanged. Interestingly, i didn't know they were gonna smoke the tail-lights. They are stock tail-lights... Looks cool, but i gotta see it in person, however, so far she looks nice. Also, they put the stock clear corners as the old ones i had were both cracked. Im thinking about adding some smoked corners and headlights, what do yall think about that idea'r?!

Anyways, enough of me... here are the pics!!

Old 05-23-2007, 03:23 PM
TECH Addict

well, got a few more. These are with a different camera so the color will look different. Same lighting conditions, just a different camera and angle. The paint was a cool pearl effect that throws most ppl off.

Anyways, these and the ones above are not finished. The car is covered with a dust/polish material etc. She needs to have a final polish/buff session and then she should REALLY shine, though she shines nicely now.

Well, these aren't anything exciting, just a few more i have to add to this journal.

laterZ!

that last one is the engine bay but its dirting and the parts need to be cleaned BIG TIME!! I dont think i ever gave the engine bay a nice wash so it shows now...
Old 05-23-2007, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

that looks amazing. i thin you should smoke the corner lenses would look pretty good
Old 05-23-2007, 10:04 PM
TECH Addict

been thinkin about it.... im not sure i like the tail lights blacked out... i guess it may grow on my but its almost to much of a contrast...

How about berger panel in a semi-gloss? Do ya'll think it might look good. The exhaust is getting swapped out but i like the looks of the CME, but the stock slp one, not the skirt looking two piece deal.

Anyways, yeah, i guess i'll smoke the headlights and corners or maybe get a set of smoked headlights and corners from ebay...
Old 06-11-2007, 06:23 PM
TECH Addict

my favorite word: UPDATE!!!!!!

Ok, car is out of paint and in for carpet. Getting a custom stiched carpet that will hug nicely around the bars, not just cut and "hope it fits and doesn't wrinkle"

Got some pics of the car, some more on the way. Body work seems amazing. Color is different to me. Shines differently, more pearl-effect i guess. ?? But its nice. The grill is missing so that needs to be added. Also, the exhaust is the old one without the rear two peice "skirt" valences so that looks diffferent. I kinda like it, looks cool but i might add the one piece valence.

New spoiler looks HOT!! The VHT'D rear lights look good too, need to tell them to do the third brake light as well. Antenna is now GONE!! I hated that thing! Big dent back there and front bumper are looking great so its like a new car to me.

Also, got the coldside, radiator, overflow/fill tank, upper radiator relocated pipe, BOV, and misc. parts from OFI. Looks good. Gonna do a mock-up to see everything is gravy and then i'm powdercoating those aswell. Cannot wait to get it all finally in the car ready for tuning.

Well, here ya go!!

Watcha think?
Old 06-12-2007, 06:04 PM
On The Tree

Damn that is awesome!!!!
Old 06-13-2007, 05:26 AM

just waiting for the video.............
Old 06-13-2007, 11:11 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ls67camaro
just waiting for the video.............
yeah, me too!!!!

I dont know how long i have been saying soon but..... soon!!!!
Old 07-07-2007, 08:22 AM
TECH Addict

UPDATE!:

Well, as you can see, she is all painted up, carpet is installed along with a rear sear delete box. Its a custom stitch job done through a shop eric knew.
The carpet came out really sweet! Seems to hug nice and its no too wrinkled, which i hate in carpets! Also, I believe it's a low weight one but I don't think it's gonna help much with this close to 4000lbs. slug! Well, I guess the i'm just gonna have to turn it up some more!

Reassembly should begin on monday. So I guess we are in the home stretch, then tune and some track time to evaluate the suspension and tire choice. And yes, we'll get some video!!

LaterZ! oh, enjoy!!

Old 07-07-2007, 10:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

looking good! that carpet looks like it was installed from the factory, hell better than factory.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:24 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Looks awesome man!

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 09-28-2007, 11:21 PM
TECH Resident

any more news or times on this vechile-?

Quick Reply: Well, IT HAS BEGUN!!!