Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Well, IT HAS BEGUN!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 12:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPDATE:

Well, got some new pics. First is the SC3400 2.4str yank converter for the 4l80e. Nice and shinny!!

Got some other pics from the prep work for paint. I dont have any before with me pics with me yet, so i'll just edit this post with thiose pics. However, their was some damage done to the right rear quarter panel, some kids here in my neighborhood decided to ram a shopping cart from a nearby winn-dixie in the middle of the night. Also had some great guy back up into the front bumper while i was watching.

Besides that, having a few trick features done, getting the a new spoiler and making sure the prep work is done right this. First time the hood didn't match up right, had spots, etc.

Anyways, here ya go!!!

Old 03-30-2007, 07:37 AM
TECH Junkie

DAmn what a roller coaster... You're gonna feel so good when you're done.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:37 AM
TECH Addict

man... i hope so!! She's getting expensive!
Old 04-04-2007, 12:43 PM
TECH Addict

Got some more stuff in.....

UMI k-member, a-arms should be enroute. Don't know where they are but no worries i guess, they'll show up eventually.

Got the plate for the gauges from Camaroboy68. Looks fine, should do the job. Gonna get it powdercoated black with the rest of the stuff..

coming along, we're in the home-stretch, cannot wait to get it all done and running.

EDIT!!!

Got the pics.. first is a pair of the black powdercoated k-member. I asked for the reinforced one for RR but cant really tell from the pics. Last, is the plate ordered for the gauges. Looks fine, should do the job. (HA, just noticed i wrote the same **** twice. crazy!! )

laterZ!

Last edited by obZidian; 04-12-2007 at 12:13 AM.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:12 PM
TECH Addict

ok, here is a teaser... can anyone guess what's in the pic? hint, its not a toaster!!

Old 04-17-2007, 01:31 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where is the turbo ?
Old 04-17-2007, 04:01 PM
TECH Addict

shhhh!!! its a secret!!!

lol... its around. I haven't gotten a pics of it yet, this was a quick just unpacking the cheese grater! I was told that its one heavy motha'.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:43 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by obZidian
shhhh!!! its a secret!!!

lol... its around. I haven't gotten a pics of it yet, this was a quick just unpacking the cheese grater! I was told that its one heavy motha'.
Yup heavy, but big powa
Old 04-17-2007, 05:04 PM
Banned

And looking at the big picture of all internal combustion engines, there is a relationship between weight and horsepower
Old 04-17-2007, 11:28 PM
TECH Addict

interesting.. what ratio are you refering to? Power versus weight or something like the weight of a BBC compared to a 4g63t?
Old 04-17-2007, 11:30 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DrTurbo
Yup heavy, but big powa
yeah, well.... not to worried about it weighing in to much.. i know she'll make it!!
Old 04-18-2007, 08:28 AM
TECH Addict

well, got a late birthday gift!!! Should be getting the rest this week. Im stoked!! Almost there. Car should almost be back 100% from paint. Motor and drivetrain is ready to be dropped in. Then the turbo kit!! At this point, we need a few little things to get her ready for tunning. Need a boost controller. Thinking about a blitz dual solenoid. New carpet for the vert., get an exhaust fabbed, might replace the stock coils, need new 90* plug wires... and i "think" we're set!! Project like this have a way of hiding something you need right when you are ready to tune. Can' wait though.. anyways, enjoy!!

...these are the some of the gauges that are going in.... should look nice when finished!!

"Dr Turbo: Where is the turbo ?"

do you mean this little thing?

think she'll make 700rwhp?
Old 04-18-2007, 09:16 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

It might make 500rwhp with that turbo

well, got a late birthday gift!!! Should be getting the rest this week. Im stoked!! Almost there. Car should almost be back 100% from paint. Motor and drivetrain is ready to be dropped in. Then the turbo kit!! At this point, we need a few little things to get her ready for tunning. Need a boost controller. Thinking about a blitz dual solenoid. New carpet for the vert., get an exhaust fabbed, might replace the stock coils, need new 90* plug wires... and i "think" we're set!! Project like this have a way of hiding something you need right when you are ready to tune. Can' wait though.. anyways, enjoy!!

...these are the some of the gauges that are going in.... should look nice when finished!!

"Dr Turbo: Where is the turbo ?"

do you mean this little thing?

think she'll make 700rwhp?
Old 04-18-2007, 11:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

damn thats gonna be sweet, its come a lonnngggg way
Old 04-18-2007, 02:33 PM
Banned

interesting.. what ratio are you refering to? Power versus weight or something like the weight of a BBC compared to a 4g63t?
Well, big picture. Aircraft Carrier engines weigh more than Rosie O'Donnell, but also make like 500,000hp. LS1s weigh less than my girlfriend (Barely), but only make like 350hp.

So in the big picture, these is a relationship that says the more an engine weighs, the more power it makes.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:48 PM
TECH Addict

well, if we consider internal combustion engines, sure. You cannot compare a 12 clyinder yacht diesel that makes 2k plus hp with a 350ci v-8. Those diesel cylinders are almost as big as my turbo!!

Though, i agree with ya 100%, there is the bastard child in everything. Consider a 12b rotary. OR even a triple rotary. Small and compact, weighs less than a ls1, though it can generate, in n/a race form, as much or a whole-lot more than a ls1.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:52 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SSilverSSurfer
damn thats gonna be sweet, its come a lonnngggg way
yeah, i never thought that i would be at this stage with this car. In the bigging, I took the car to MI for a valve spring swap and to see what kind of added power we can produce and method with the current combo. About a year later, all that turned into a almost completely new car.

Im lucky that i eventually got another DD so i can be without the vert. until she finished. Acutally, i think im going through some withdrawal. Have been looking for other projects or another toy to mess around with when this one isn't even done yet! Got my eye on the new 07 CBR600RR.... that bike is sex on wheels!!

anyways, thanks.... she is almost done...well, hopefully!
Old 04-18-2007, 04:52 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rotary....for 2 passes and boom!!

How much power you shooting for and how much boost do you predict it will take?
Old 04-18-2007, 05:04 PM
TECH Addict

hey, had a friend with a rotary that lasted atleast 3 passes before the inevitable!!!

well, power-wise and boost not sure yet. Initially, i was one of those clueless souls that wanted to apex the street-driven 1000rwhp mark. I soon found out that this is just for bragging rights.

So, if i can reach on pump gas as much as 800-900rwhp, i would be extremely happy. Not trying to set records... just trying to maximize what i got and have to mess with it as less as possible. She isn't a dedicated track car, so boost on the street will be very to mildy moderate. For the track, whatever will get me into the 9's with this heavy vert., maybe an 8.99... i think i would be where i want to be before i go crazy again and spend some more money!

also, trying to do this with my zr-1's as well, on nitto's, or BFG's... if i have to, well, MT drags will be go on with a set of bogarts, on sure though...

thanks for the heads up mang! Cya!!
Old 04-18-2007, 05:33 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think you meant 9.99...not 8.99

I think you will do 9s EASILY. I will of course post up my carnage/times from Sunday...should be in the 13-17psi range sunday

Quick Reply: Well, IT HAS BEGUN!!!