Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Well, IT HAS BEGUN!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 07:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by black98ws6ta
Mine is just the slow race car version of yours, you come through on business?

Yep... usually there thru a weekend.... i stay in louisville but go out to Knox.... What track u race at?? saw the one way out there along the river.....
Ohio valley i think the name was....

Kyle
Old 03-07-2007, 01:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update:

Well, moving right along!! The car will go to paint on monday. Shop has been busy up there with autorama so i finally got a spot and now we start rocking. Got pick up a few loose ends like filter for turbo, eboost2, carpet, spoiler, finally mock up of exhaust, and whatever is needed to get this money pit running and tearing up asphault!!

will have pics, so say tuned!!
Old 03-07-2007, 01:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I hate to ask... but doesn't Chris from APE do work for VRE? If so, didn't you get shafted by APE?
Old 03-07-2007, 09:18 AM
Launching!

Just wanted to comment on the cage work. Excellent work! The notches appear to be perfect - not any gaps. Nice TIG work!

It appears to be DOM... .120 or .134 wall?
Old 03-07-2007, 11:30 AM
TECH Addict

man, you guess is as good as mine. I haven't seen the cage in person however, the guys at stenod built it so if you wish give them a call, ask for the weirded color vert camaro with the hue dent on the rear quarter panel!!

mahhddgtp: with respect to everyone that got a sour deal, i was never treated wrongly by anyone at ape. I mostly spoke to Nick, never chris actually. My motor has been tough and holding all the trashing i have bput infront of it. NOW, my ex-ferrea springs were a complete work or art... but w/e.

So, no, V.R.E. has nothing to do with him, its just a rumor... its ran buy Eric. Jelly has hs own "shop" ,great name as well...
Old 03-07-2007, 05:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Exclamation

Originally Posted by mahhddgtp
I hate to ask... but doesn't Chris from APE do work for VRE? If so, didn't you get shafted by APE?
PLEASE do not get that rumor started again. Chris has NEVER had ANY affiliation with Victory Racing Engines in any way, shape or form.

Thanks
Old 03-07-2007, 08:18 PM
TECH Addict

lets not get the issue burning, dont want my thread locked and i know im not gonna do another! there's a specific section for that!
Old 03-28-2007, 07:32 PM
TECH Addict

UPDATE:

OK, half the parts are back from powdercoating, and they look absolutely AWESOME!!!!! So far we have the victor intake, intake elbows 90mm, front and rear seals, and oil pan. Have the rails, and anything else i can powdercoa!!
Also, got a quick pick of the corbeau seats in the car.... it has infatable lumbar and 5pt. harness access slot.

Old 03-28-2007, 07:36 PM
TECH Junkie

****** nice! How much did the seats run I am in the market for some?
Old 03-28-2007, 08:46 PM
Banned

I like the intake gloss black. That is gonna be pimp when you get it finished.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:08 PM
TECH Resident

:drop jaw to lowest possible place on planet:

can't wait to keep on seeing this... hopefully mine will start pieceing together this summer...just not as cRaZy as this!!!! wish ya luck man!! hope it all comes together in the end
Old 03-29-2007, 12:05 AM
TECH Addict

thanks ya'll... the weirdest thing is that Im not the kind of person that likes to show-off with the nose up high...

However, i really apprieciate the comments and praises... may all of your builds be the same!

Now that im done being a pansy... YEAH!!! When i saw the intake elbow, i was STOKED!!!!! I haven't decided on the cold/hot pipe... however, im considering powdercoating the cold pipe to TB in glossy black as well... however, i'm told that powdercoating the TB might be a pain. Anyone have any experience with this?

Also, i might get a bit carried away and powdercoat EVERYTHING BLACK with a mix of the exterior color. The interior concept is coming together slowly. This project has been in he making for so long now that its almost weird seeing about 75% of the way finished.. In a way, im gonna miss this feeling of figuring out how to do something and do it differently, how can we get the numbers without sacrificing DD, etc.

Crazy build this has being!

Anyways, the seats were about 250.00 or so with the rails. I liked them because the backs are a glossy lack finish, which im considering tying in with the interior. Also, the cage is gonna be glossy black as well.

Thanks wicked, im trying to maintain a nice and clean approach that can hold its own with the big dogs.. enough show as their is go!!

ZL1killa, thanks!! Im sure your build will be as cool as mine. IT may be different but still badass.. it took me many years of working hard to get to this stage but i think it maybe all be worth it now... well, maybe!! :

Next step, im patiently waiting for the turbo kit to come in, as soon as i have that, its going for coating with a few other things. Need to order some gauges and figure out how im gonna fit about 11 of them without using a pillar pod. Paint is in progress, when she's back, assembly, test and tune, and hopefully back to miami. Buhahaha!!!
Old 03-29-2007, 12:19 AM
Banned

Time for more pictures.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:55 AM
TECH Addict

soon!! Hey, what conversion, if any, do you have in that fiero? I love that car! Expecially the later models. I know of one that is getting a northstar. Weird motor choice but still cool
Old 03-29-2007, 01:04 AM
Banned

No pics? Why'd you even post?

I sent ya a PM....
Old 03-29-2007, 07:40 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by obZidian
soon!! Hey, what conversion, if any, do you have in that fiero? I love that car! Expecially the later models. I know of one that is getting a northstar. Weird motor choice but still cool
(not to hijack or anything) my buddy here in charlotte has a fiero with a GRand PRix 3.8L V6 w/supercharger, he just got done putting a cam in. previously went a 13.0@110 in 1/4
Old 03-29-2007, 08:12 AM
9 Second Club

awesome pics Obzidian.....that is gonna be so killer. I'd love to have something like yours but cant afford it unless i let the car sit a year
Old 03-29-2007, 10:12 AM
Banned

My Fiero is an 88GT, with a factory 5--speed and leather interior. Basically, the best Fiero ever made. 88 was the year GM finally got the suspension right. Unfortunately it sports this pitiful excuse for a boat anchor, the 135hp 2.8l OHV of all iron fury. I haven't swapped the engine yet, I am still building it. The new engine is a 3.4 DOHC from the mid 90s Z34 Luminas and GTP Grand Prixs. Rated at 210hp/220tq stock, they pull nicely to the 7,000 redline. Mine will be pretty modified, to include a BADASS port/polish job on the heads (323int/226exh), 48g lifters, custom cam timing, fully independent 48mm throttle bodies, tuned equal length headers, and a bunch of other stuff. I'd like to see around 320whp revving to 8500rpm. Here are some pics:

Edited to lessen the hijack, PM sent.

Last edited by FieroZ34; 03-30-2007 at 12:02 AM.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:11 PM
12 Second Club

Sweet! I saw your car at Stenod late last year when I stopped in to pick up my shift light. Looked great then and looks like you have a lot more goodies for it now! Can't wait to see more progress. Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:59 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by FieroZ34
No pics? Why'd you even post?

I sent ya a PM....
Because this is my thread!!

Sorry, PM box was full but if you wish, you can send another if you have more. Car looks awesome! I was actually looking at one however, i was looking at using as a donor car for a kitcar i ran into. Should be fun however, i would be happy with a fiero in black with a sweet engine swap in it!

Also, dont worry about the hijack... i can apreciate a sweet car and yours is cool. That intake looks HOT!!!

cable:thanks dudeI remember seeing the pics of when you brought that t/a from the grave. Actually, my car being sitting for a year now, well, almost, and though it has cost more than what iinitially thought since you never really add all the things you would really need, i will say that im faily happy that i took the time to get the car working and finally finishing her up right.

Hugger: thanks!! I envy brotha!! I havent even seen the car in person. But not for long!! BUHHAHAHAHA!!

Last edited by obZidian; 03-30-2007 at 12:51 AM.

Quick Reply: Well, IT HAS BEGUN!!!