Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Last 1/8 mile passes on this combo..

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 08:11 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ty_ty13
i say we make a thread and donate some money.... cause i really want to know.... i think it would be less than most people think...
It dynod 668 on a dynojet with the LS6 cam early this year. Seeing it picked up ~2mph in the 1/8 with the new cam thats ~30rwhp more. Its hard to get a good pull on this car, after one pull it takes a long time to let it cool off and get another good number. Its not paying for it, doesnt cost me anything to dyno it, its just a pain to do it and I really dont care lol.

Thats pretty close to what PSJ dynod with his when he ran 9.40s at about the same weight so thats all I need to know. I would be more interested in putting it on an engine dyno for grins and see where its at..
Old 11-07-2006, 11:55 AM
7 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kp
It dynod 668 on a dynojet with the LS6 cam early this year. Seeing it picked up ~2mph in the 1/8 with the new cam thats ~30rwhp more. Its hard to get a good pull on this car, after one pull it takes a long time to let it cool off and get another good number. Its not paying for it, doesnt cost me anything to dyno it, its just a pain to do it and I really dont care lol.

Thats pretty close to what PSJ dynod with his when he ran 9.40s at about the same weight so thats all I need to know. I would be more interested in putting it on an engine dyno for grins and see where its at..

people dont realize how fast a 700rwhp car is... every one thinks i have to have 1000rwhp to compete..... its all how you use the HP...
Old 11-07-2006, 03:03 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,238 Likes on 789 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I went 9.4-9.6@143-144 the week after I dynoed 680rwhp. I never got a ET at the 754rwhp level.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Kp and PSJ what weight were you guys at with the mid 9 passes at around 680RWHP???
Old 11-07-2006, 05:05 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by ty_ty13
people dont realize how fast a 700rwhp car is... every one thinks i have to have 1000rwhp to compete..... its all how you use the HP...
Of course its how you use it, my car is set to go quick in the 1/4 mile with no compromises. Building a street car is all about compromises, you can just keep throwing horsepower at a big heavy car with a non drag racing suspension and get it to quick or you can build a car that is made to go down the dragstrip as quick as possible. Most guys arent running aluminum drums in their transmissions, drilled axles, light spool, aluminum ceneter section, drag brakes etc so you cant expect a car that doesnt have that stuff to perform as well.

There is no magic involved, its only weight, horsepower and traction and the right combination of parts plus a couple years and hundreds of passes eeking tenths out of the car instead of switching combos every week. Either way I'm more then happy the way this car runs and I may just leave it just the way it is

Originally Posted by T/A Kid
Kp and PSJ what weight were you guys at with the mid 9 passes at around 680RWHP???
I am right at 3420lbs, PSJ was probably about the same I would imagine.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:49 PM
TECH Addict

Kp.... come on.... you know you wanta go turbo again!!!! Hell, you can always run a dual setup with a small t67 on the hot side just to get that extra push to the 8's. Would make for one hell of a start-up, thats for sure.

Interestn, i would love to dedicate my car for drag purposes, but i love to drive this silly now 10pt vert, as much as possible. I elected to add a set of dual adj. hals in the rear to make this non-weight reduction, vert-pig move. I now im gonna need a bit more hp to get to a consistant 9.5, but i firmly believe that you dont need tons of power to get where you wanta go. Now, i am buildn this car to hae enough headroom to get me a 8's sec pass, hopefully, so it will take some time to dial here in, of course, with my a/c blasting the whole way.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:17 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by obZidian
Kp.... come on.... you know you wanta go turbo again!!!! Hell, you can always run a dual setup with a small t67 on the hot side just to get that extra push to the 8's. Would make for one hell of a start-up, thats for sure.

Interestn, i would love to dedicate my car for drag purposes, but i love to drive this silly now 10pt vert, as much as possible. I elected to add a set of dual adj. hals in the rear to make this non-weight reduction, vert-pig move. I now im gonna need a bit more hp to get to a consistant 9.5, but i firmly believe that you dont need tons of power to get where you wanta go. Now, i am buildn this car to hae enough headroom to get me a 8's sec pass, hopefully, so it will take some time to dial here in, of course, with my a/c blasting the whole way.
I could put the a/c back in my car and run about the same, AC isnt THAT heavy

I wish I had money, I had to settle for a 50.00 pair of CE rear shocks Only thing you cant argue is more weight = needs more power. Like I said everything is a comprimise, if you choose to stay heavy you have to add the power. Added power + added weight usually = harder on parts. All I ever asked from any car I ever built was it run the best for the parts that are involved and for a 346 with an LS6 intake, unported off the shelf heads, stock TB and small cam and a D1SC I'm pretty satiisfied.

But I just ordered a F1A so I'll see what happens, been having decent luck with the procharger so I figured I would try it..
Old 11-08-2006, 02:38 PM
TECH Addict

i think, personally, all kinding aside, that you should stay with the prochager since you extracted enough power and reliablility, not only deal with the efficiency issues or debates between turbos and centri's, to get you a solid 9.5 car with hardly anything crazy mod wise.

If you dont mind me asking, what is your cam spec anyways?
Old 11-08-2006, 05:41 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Swapping to a turbo means changing everything, kind of hard to justify when the only stuff I changed on this thing that needed changing this year was oil, trans fluid and tires (on my 3rd pair of ET drags).

Really I am happy with how it runs, if I can squeeze an 8.99 with an F1A great, if not its only a 1000.00 experiment and one you reach a certain level 1000.00 doesnt buy you tenths anymore so its worth a shot.

Cam is a 222/228 115LSA comp XE installed +2, forget the lift .550 or somehting like that.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:51 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by kp
Swapping to a turbo means changing everything, kind of hard to justify when the only stuff I changed on this thing that needed changing this year was oil, trans fluid and tires (on my 3rd pair of ET drags).

Really I am happy with how it runs, if I can squeeze an 8.99 with an F1A great, if not its only a 1000.00 experiment and one you reach a certain level 1000.00 doesnt buy you tenths anymore so its worth a shot.

Cam is a 222/228 115LSA comp XE installed +2, forget the lift .550 or somehting like that.
Your awesome dude! I can't wait to see how the F1A works out! Can you tell me why you chose the F1A over the F1C? The F1A is what procharger uses on the 03-04 cobra motors for guys who drop the eaton and go centri. Prochargers upgrade for the D1SC for the vette kits is the F1C-there must be some reasoning behind this?
Old 11-08-2006, 05:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kp
Got a new mustang GT convertable, was going to put a blower on it but been seeing too many pics of folded over connecting rods and broken pistons on the 3V engines

Get your car back yet?
nahhh, it's still at SpeedInc. Turns out there might be a problem with my TH400 tranny (I just bought that thing brand new, hasn't had any track passes on it at all.) They are taking a look at it, and will get back with me.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Trade you a turbo set up for the D1-SC set up

Congrats Kev, can't wait to see what the new combo does.
J
Old 11-08-2006, 06:52 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Vortech
Your awesome dude! I can't wait to see how the F1A works out! Can you tell me why you chose the F1A over the F1C? The F1A is what procharger uses on the 03-04 cobra motors for guys who drop the eaton and go centri. Prochargers upgrade for the D1SC for the vette kits is the F1C-there must be some reasoning behind this?
I'm only looking for a couple more PSI plus there is limited space on these cars. The F1A will bolt right in and I think it will be plenty for what I am looking for even if I do a 370 or 402. If not it wont be the first bad decision I ever made
Old 11-08-2006, 07:07 PM
TECH Addict

a 1000.00 bad decision isn't that bad..... well, i guess so if you consider the face smackers i have gotten myself in recently... maybe not 1000.00 in one part, but in a group or parts in one shot. And that alone was over 1000.00 LOL

(hint, should of went low c.r. instead of high c.r.)

Hey, your launchin off a 2-step right or a transbrake? This might seem dumb, but a 2-step beused on a auto car? Will it hold rpm while holding the trans? Or will i just need a transbrake?

im lost!! LOL

Last edited by obZidian; 11-08-2006 at 07:18 PM.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:16 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by obZidian
a 1000.00 bad decision isn't that bad..... well, i guess so if you consider the face smackers i have gotten myself in recently... maybe not 1000.00 in one part, but in a group or parts in one shot. And that alone was over 1000.00 LOL

(hint, should of went low c.r. instead of high c.r.)

you still have that site of yours up? I thought i remember seeing some more vids of your car there...
Its not hard to throw 1000.00 at one of these and not get anything in return, just put a set of moly lower a-arms on (got sick of looking at the rusty stockers) and a new pair of slicks so thats close to 1000.00 and I pick up nothing really.

The web site in my sig should be going, has links to the vids and everything thats been done to it over the last couple years.

Also got to thank Bob at EPP for an excellent price on the head unit also, good guy to deal with..
Old 11-08-2006, 07:29 PM
TECH Addict

yeah, saw the links... but they aren't there on your earlier posts but saw them on your initial post.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:03 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by kp

Also got to thank Bob at EPP for an excellent price on the head unit also, good guy to deal with..
Thanks Kevin, I appreciate it. Bob

Quick Reply: Last 1/8 mile passes on this combo..