Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Magnuson F-body - new dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 04:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what kind of power will the 112 max out @? 600whp?
Old 10-10-2007, 05:03 PM
TECH Veteran

It does limit you. But everything one way or another will limit you. The Maggie will limit you but not everyone wants to go to the moon with the power numbers. Depending on what you want to do with your setup is what drives me to what I want. When I lived in Kansas a Procharger would be the way to go with long open straight roads where ATI would shine. As for now I live in the hills of KY and its all twisted and turns hardly and hills. I had an ATI on my C5 it made 500 RWHP on a stock block 10#'s of boost and a FMIC. When on the roads in KS it was a blast. On the roads here now it was worthless, the progressive TQ and HP I had either left me with little traction in turns or sluggish with no boost. The maggie drives me out of the turns much quicker and controlable then teh ATI and gives me quite a punch. Its instant TQ not waiting for boost. Its what works for me and my needs. If I wanted more HP and shoot for the moon a F1R or Turbo would have been my choice. But I do nto spend much time at the 1/4 mile track anymore here, its more fun with TQ now then waiting for it.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

i was just asking for a definative number. i was planning on spraying it once its max'd out.
looking @ building a 5.3L for my blazer looking @ either a single GT67, or Maggie + nitrous
Old 10-10-2007, 05:22 PM
Launching!

Ed, pm sent
Old 10-10-2007, 06:32 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TS6
I see everyone talking about torque, but exactly what does excessive torque accomplish? You'll never hook either one up on the street anyway, so the progressive torque curve the centrifugal offers would actually be beneficial for traction, what traction you can get anyway.

I also think the maggie style blower really limits you as far as future upgrades. Why not go Procharger, then you'll be able to swap head units (quickly I might add) and support a higher HP number? Aside from an aggressive torque curve, what is the advantage here?
Im not stepping on your toes im just explaining why i went with what I did.
I didnt ever plan to even put a blower on the car. I saw on Eds sig one day he had one kit left so i figured **** i might as well call see what it cost. Well needless to say i bought it. With the cam i have in there(MS4) its quite obvious i wasnt going to go forced inducted nor was i gonig to do nitrous i was happy with the car as it was but spur of the moment set me to buy this. I would not want a cintrifigul blower my self for the reason of all the piping and clutter it has. I seen so many cars where ***** rubbing on all kinds of stuff and to me its not what I like. I like the clean look of the maggie. It also has instant Tq which i love. Sure it doesnt hook like glue but i dont drag the car or autocross or anything i just built my car for the street to have fun with. You can always change pulleys to a point right now im running 6psi and thats because of the cam in it. I have a 3.2 pulley on it also so it might help the power get there quicker. So i guess my advantage is the looks/fit of the maggie and the instant Tq if i wanted more hp this would not be the way to go but i wasnt looking for numbers i just like the fun of driving it. I was hoping for 500rwhp after the kit was on and i would of been happy needless to say i was extreamly overwelmed when i left the dyno.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:16 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by red_ryderSS
Ed, pm sent
Red Ryder, replied to yours

Badmonkey, call me I have a surprise for you

Ed
Old 10-11-2007, 06:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Well here is some more results. New dyno for me as well.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...85#post7931685

528/524 500RWTQ at 3000 RPM's..............That should be good enough for me.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:22 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Congrats guys, I bet your cars are gonna be a BLAST to drive. I know what the little 112 did for my truck and can only imagine how it feels in a car that weighs 1500+ less. That will make for a REALLY fun daily driver.

Quick Reply: Magnuson F-body - new dyno results