Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Anyone ever regret going with a procharger?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 11:29 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by charlie_gonzales
i figured something was up bc ive heard a good bit of good things on them so i dont know...i know he had a couple different tunes as well...he didnt like one so got it retuned and so forth...
I've also seen some pretty slow procharged cars, I've also seen some slow turbo cars, I've also seen some very slow NA and nitrous cars

Just bolting a blower on a getting a tune is alot different then using all the right parts and knowing what you are doing, some people just flat out cant drive also. But a blower is a maintanence item that needs some attention once in a while. Most guys do the nitrous thing because its pretty simple, foolproof and cheap, until you reach a certain point of course.

No matter what you choose if you dont have at least a basic understanding of how to tune it and keep up with the extra work then you are best off leaving your car stock
Old 01-28-2007, 06:26 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a baby P1SC on a stock LT1 and am running 11.30s.... I change the oil in the supercharger once a year just because I feel like I have to.
95 Pontiac Formula- Stock engine with ATI Procharger, Moser 12 bolt w/4:30 gears, Rossler trans, Neil Chance 4000 stall, M/T ET streets, 10.914@ 121.90mph, 1.452 60ft. GMHTP November 2010 Feature Car. Check it out at:
https://www.motortrend.com/features/...ebird-formula/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abZ1z...ature=youtu.be

Old 01-29-2007, 03:19 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Smile

Originally Posted by Evaporate
What about those of you who enjoy the sound of naturally aspirated motor loping? Or have most of you retained a nice lopey idle with your sc setup? That would be the drawback besides costs that I'd imagine.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=679
This camshaft works very well with ATI ProChargers, and will also give your engine a nice, lopey idle. Bob
Old 01-29-2007, 07:46 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=679
This camshaft works very well with ATI ProChargers, and will also give your engine a nice, lopey idle. Bob
My car has a bit of a lope too. But unlike NA cars, lope in an FI car can be a bad thing. Usually you get too much overlap & lose power from a real lopey cam. My cam is either 114 or 115 LSA & it's not near what my Hot Cam was, but it still has the muscle car sound. And it makes a fair amount of power.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:32 AM
On The Tree

I’m current trying to decide if I should go with heads/cam/headers or the ATI Pro Charger.

I’m glad to see some positive feed back here for the Pro Charger; after reading through about 30 reviews on this site I was concerned:
http://www.carreview.com/cat/parts/f...5_2877crx.aspx

Jason
Old 02-27-2007, 02:37 PM
Teching In

Get some good flowing heads, my cam is a 224/228 on 115, But Im selling it adn going to a 228/234 or 238 on 115.

Im running 700+RWHP and running high 9's
Old 02-27-2007, 03:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by South
I’m current trying to decide if I should go with heads/cam/headers or the ATI Pro Charger.

I’m glad to see some positive feed back here for the Pro Charger; after reading through about 30 reviews on this site I was concerned:
http://www.carreview.com/cat/parts/f...5_2877crx.aspx

Jason
Although the Procharger is fool proof it is not completely retard proof...Nothing is!!! How much more reliable do you want than to watch KP run a FULL ( when I say full I mean FULL) with his D1SC which has put him into deep 9's consistently... He ran over 100 passes and is still going strong... Most everything has problems, bugs, and unsatisfied customers BUT remember that for every ONE customer that decides to give a negative feedback there are probably 100 or even more that don't... Just look on here, there are many of those 100's of vey satisfied customers that are using their SC's in every arena that a car enthusiast would choose to go...
Old 02-28-2007, 03:53 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 98turbls1
Although the Procharger is fool proof it is not completely retard proof...Nothing is!!! How much more reliable do you want than to watch KP run a FULL ( when I say full I mean FULL) with his D1SC which has put him into deep 9's consistently... He ran over 100 passes and is still going strong... Most everything has problems, bugs, and unsatisfied customers BUT remember that for every ONE customer that decides to give a negative feedback there are probably 100 or even more that don't... Just look on here, there are many of those 100's of vey satisfied customers that are using their SC's in every arena that a car enthusiast would choose to go...
Your exactly right I knew that once I went with my d-1 and other mods I would have some problems here and there. I'm currently trying to fix a fuel pressure problem and I just see this as a minor set back. Hopefully the stars will align for me and no more headaches. haha
Old 02-28-2007, 05:54 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Question

Originally Posted by Tirefire
Your exactly right I knew that once I went with my d-1 and other mods I would have some problems here and there. I'm currently trying to fix a fuel pressure problem and I just see this as a minor set back. Hopefully the stars will align for me and no more headaches. haha
Andy, are you still having problems? Give me a call at 260 244-4808. Bob
Old 02-28-2007, 05:32 PM
9 Second Club

It's a bolt on mod, doable with simple tools & a little mechanical skill. I had to fool with things some & have an adult tune it for me. Didn't like the twin ICs & changed to FMIC after about a month but I never would have figured out how to do the FMIC properly if I didn't start with the ATI twin kit. That was early last year, EPP has the whole front mount deal as a kit now that you can buy along with the Procharger, well worth it. Bottom line: No regrets.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:19 PM
Launching!

Yeah, I would probably have liked a turbo setup if I could go back and redo it. I dont like being at the mercy of that belt. But it is what it is. And what IS, is a 650rwhp totally bitchin street car that drives like stock till you hammer it and it hammers you back with 300hp more than stock. Am I happy with it? Absolutely. Will I switch? No way. But in a perfect world......turbos.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever regret going with a procharger?