Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

STS install pics... and stuff...

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 09:48 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

guys...anyone know? or are the ones i named off good?
Old 05-18-2008, 09:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those pumps are explained on this site: http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/oilsystems.htm . They sound like they know what they are talking about, and I like the idea of a filter.
I really like the design of this one (cooling fins, quality fittings, ss parts and rubber vibration isolators) as well as the 2 year warranty: http://www.turbowerx.com/Scavenge_Pu.../Exa-Pump.html It is probably what I would choose if I were in the market.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:24 AM
TECH Resident

alrighty, awesome, I picked some good ones.

also...T-Tap failure; where the oil line trigger is fed to the fuel pump trigger on the PCM wiring harness.

SO ALL STS USERS... TRASH THE T-TAP and just get a butt connector
thats exactly why i'm a mechanic

http://www.westgateparts.com/picture...connectors.jpg
Old 05-29-2008, 07:43 AM
TECH Resident

Ok guys, LOL, I know i keep resurrecting this thing.

I currently have the STS blow off valve in the same place it was, which is now BEFORE the INTERCOOLER. I have noticed with the addition of the IC it builds boost smoother, peaks and holds.

Well when I let off the throttle suddenly and I listen it seems as if the BOV is going open./close/open/closed.... Kind if like a whooshing sound

So...is this ok or is it because the BOV is before the IC and excess pressure is at the TB and I could be at risk of blowing boots off?
Old 06-01-2008, 02:36 AM
TECH Addict

I have mine befor the intercooler and it does the same thing. Plus I have a Megasonic so its loud! I never blew off any hoses there and the normal ones that blow off stop.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:52 PM
TECH Resident

ok good.

anyway, guys I want to do a cam... and my little 60mm turbo well.. she is small.

what is the next step up that with a proper A/R ratio would be a nice spooling turbo for my car? I don't know much about turbos....only the sizes in mm, I don't know all this t4 t6 and yadda yadda stuff

I'd prefer not to go big, I got a previous recommendation of 70mm and I'm still thinking about that. Also, with whatever is recommended where is a nice place to ORDER/BUY turbos from?
Old 07-09-2008, 07:57 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A TC unit is probably the best turbo for rear mounts since their warranty will cover ALL things that can go wrong with a rear mount for a full year. As for A/R....68A/R for quick spool, .81A/R for mid-range all around power and .96A/R for top end.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:49 AM
TECH Addict

cant go wrong with Forcedinduction.com! Im thinkin about up grade My GTS 76 to a tc series if my hp goal is not met.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:04 AM
TECH Resident

ok sorry guys changed my mind. LOL, that happens doesn't it ?? hahahhahaha. going to get me a cam based on my current setup, so I don't have to spend more $$$ than I really need to.

ALSO,

Everyone, go ahead and do whatever you want if you want to use my idea for the front bird! LOL, if I start a revolution of cut up front licenseplate covers so be it!!! I just ask that you post pics in my thread or somewhere showing it off I would like to see the different variations or different colors.

From what I remember with everything going on, we used a hole saw thing (the tool that has the drill bit in the center and then the metal thing around it with blades... LOL) and then we used the dremel for the rest of it to get the smooth edges

Old 07-13-2008, 09:08 PM
On The Tree

is it running better with the intercooler? and what boost you running? i know you said you noticed a boost decrease did you get that fixed? i am running a intercooler and it is set at 8# and i see 8# with my sts kit. so not sure why your boost is dropping
Old 07-14-2008, 10:35 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by dredoggy
is it running better with the intercooler? and what boost you running? i know you said you noticed a boost decrease did you get that fixed? i am running a intercooler and it is set at 8# and i see 8# with my sts kit. so not sure why your boost is dropping
its running better... a LOT cooler IATs

wastegate is a 7psi spring, currently as no reference to manifold, its making 5.2~5.5psi due to pressure loss, thats why i'm losing the boost. soon will have vacuum line run so it will see 7psi
Old 07-14-2008, 10:52 AM
On The Tree

yea mine is not run to the manifold it is off from the turbo. and my wastegate is also back there but it is a manual wg so maybe thats why i see 8#. at first i turned it to 10# because i read your post and thought there would be some loss from the intercooler. and took it out and holly F it went to 10#. i dont think it hurt anything but now its turned back to 8# but damn that was fun! oh and what does your boost gauge show at idle for vacuume?
Old 07-14-2008, 12:10 PM
TECH Resident

wait... so do you have an intercooler, and why do you not have a pressure drop? there has to be SOME pressure drop unless you have something connected directly to the manifold.

i believe at idle it shows -20 something... have to look at it next time
Old 07-14-2008, 03:55 PM
On The Tree

yes i do have an fmic but i dont have any loss from it. my wastegate is adjustable by turning it and for every click it is suposed to be 1psi so i turned it to 10clicks thinking that i would have some loss, but when i took it out for a drive it went to 10# of boost on my gauge. so then i just backed it off 2 clicks and now its at 8# of boost so for some reason i dont have any loss, unless my wastegate is off some? and my -pressure is 20 to so thats good. i thought maybe you hade a leak from your vac source some where
Old 07-15-2008, 02:18 PM
TECH Resident

naw not that i'm aware of. how in the hell are you getting 0 loss?

where did u get your fmic from? is your manual boost adjuster run anywhere else? I don't see an intercooler providing zero loss??
Old 07-15-2008, 05:28 PM
On The Tree

i have no idea why i have no loss? i do have t-bolt clamps on 90% of the pipe. i got my intercooler with my kit. it is a godspeed? not sure how good they are but i have no pressure loss when it goes to 8# at wot it stays there. never would have expected 0 loss but like i said maybe it has to do with the wg im just going by what the guy i got the kit from he said every click is 1# of boost so i turned it to 8clicks and i see 8# so i figure its right. but no my wg is located in the back and comes from the turbo to the controller and then to the wg. maybe my controller is a little off?????
Old 07-15-2008, 06:35 PM
10 Second Club

where is your gauge referenced at?
Old 07-15-2008, 07:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RooRnZ28
where is your gauge referenced at?
it is refrenced at the manifold. and do those manual controllers go by every # of boost = 1 click?
Old 07-15-2008, 08:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by dredoggy
it is refrenced at the manifold. and do those manual controllers go by every # of boost = 1 click?
What boost controler do you have I like the click thing
Old 07-15-2008, 08:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CamaroSS19
What boost controler do you have I like the click thing
i think its the one that comes with the sts kit. annd yes i like the click thing to. sorry z1 not trying to hyjack. but just trying to figure out your boost drop. or my non boost drop

Quick Reply: STS install pics... and stuff...