Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Crank case ventilation on blower motor

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 03:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
first a vacuum sucks not blows lol.

second too much vacuum in a motor will pull oil up and fill the catchcan up with oil, to a degree it has to be vented, you dont want too much vacuum.

my friends racecar does that after he makes a pass, we're trying to figure out a way to help vent the motor out cause its sucking oil. but he's spraying a big shot.
i know is sucks buckwheat, if it sucks pressure out of crank case then it must blow it somewhere, dont you think, im asking why not just vent it to atmoshpere???
Old 01-16-2007, 05:55 PM
10 Second Club

buckwheat?
Old 01-17-2007, 03:13 AM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

So what exactly do you do w/ the PCV line itself? Keep it routed as is on a LT1 w/ pcv going into the grommet hole on the DS intake and the other end of that line into the barbed fitting a few inches from the grommet hole? I did mine different but don't know if it'll work. I plugged the barbed hole up w/ a vac cap and the PCV line I attached to a braided hose and ran to the vented catch can. I'm running 3 breathers 2 on the PS VC and one on the DS VC. I can't figure out what to do w/ that PCV itself even though procharger manual says to route that PCV line to inlet side of the blower.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:21 AM
11 Second Club

Holy thread resurrection batman......

Those of you who are running you PCV into the compressor inlet, are you running an inline catch-can or some type of inline filter to keep any oil from entering the compressor and the rest of the system? ALso, is the purpose of a breather catch-can to reduce the vaccum so you dont pull more oil into the lines?
Old 06-27-2007, 08:43 AM
Dumb Ass Vette Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jake@EPP
Casper electronics makes a screw in breather that goes on the oil cap. It runs about $40 on our site.
IMO that one looks very tracky and costs the same as the Metco breather.

Keith

Quick Reply: Crank case ventilation on blower motor