Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers
View Poll Results: Who makes a betetr quality HEAD UNIT. (head unit only)
Vortech is the superior blower
16.98%
Procharger is the superior blower
83.02%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Who makes a better blower head unit, vortech or procharger?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 11:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Who makes a better blower head unit, vortech or procharger?

I made my choice already and went with a procharger.

But on another board im on quite a bit there are a few seasoned people that id consider to know what their talking about, saying vortechs are far superior. They say the prochargers break much more often and leak alot due to the self contained setup. Seems the prochargers are the popular choice on this site. Also saw some interesting stuff about vortechs poor advertising tactics.

Anyone have an opinion on this?
Old 01-16-2007, 11:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Stupid poll does a Bear **** in the WOODS? Get ready to get personally attacked.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:18 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I have a strong opinion and I'll share it with you! But duh! ProCharger for the win!

You can make reliable crazy power with both brands, that's not disputed by either side and if it is somebody's not being objective.

Self contained ProChargers run cooler than a oil-fed blower on either side. This is proven. Engine oil averages 215-225 after warmup. Self-contained superchargers under duress get up to about 130. Vortech tried to dispute this and then relented and recently patented their own self-contained system recognizing the benifits.

The self contained blower is actually less likely to develop a leak as its not reliant on gravity drainback and crankcase pressure has no effect.

The ProCharger F series blowers have a patented compound bearing assembly that allows them to run at very high impeller speeds reliably and maintain stability. These blowers also feature a low step-up ratio that allows you to acheive these speeds without resorting to extremely small pulleys that are more prone to belt slip.

Both brands are developed by very thoughtful and talented engineers.

Both brands have been know to catostrophically fail in competition.

Both have won numerous championships, with ProCharger having a slight edge.

Both will support you at the racetrack.

ProCharger takes pride in developing complete systems in-house.

Vortech is has been relying more on tuners lately to bring out new applications and is becoming more of a head unit supplier.

ProCharger will support you on LS1Tech with supportive dealers such as Bob@Exotic Performance Plus and Slowhawk -DezRacing.

Only one has me.

Last edited by andereck; 01-17-2007 at 12:23 AM.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:30 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BIG BAD BLACKSS
I made my choice already and went with a procharger.
Like i said, i already bought my procharger!

I just want some facts and arguments maybe on why one is better then the other. Seems google is flooded with procharger praise and a couple die hard vortech guys (possibly people that bought a vortech and now must deffend their actions?)
Old 01-17-2007, 04:55 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Smile

Originally Posted by andereck
Yes I have a strong opinion and I'll share it with you! But duh! ProCharger for the win!

You can make reliable crazy power with both brands, that's not disputed by either side and if it is somebody's not being objective.

Self contained ProChargers run cooler than a oil-fed blower on either side. This is proven. Engine oil averages 215-225 after warmup. Self-contained superchargers under duress get up to about 130. Vortech tried to dispute this and then relented and recently patented their own self-contained system recognizing the benifits.

The self contained blower is actually less likely to develop a leak as its not reliant on gravity drainback and crankcase pressure has no effect.

The ProCharger F series blowers have a patented compound bearing assembly that allows them to run at very high impeller speeds reliably and maintain stability. These blowers also feature a low step-up ratio that allows you to acheive these speeds without resorting to extremely small pulleys that are more prone to belt slip.

Both brands are developed by very thoughtful and talented engineers.

Both brands have been know to catostrophically fail in competition.

Both have won numerous championships, with ProCharger having a slight edge.

Both will support you at the racetrack.

ProCharger takes pride in developing complete systems in-house.

Vortech is has been relying more on tuners lately to bring out new applications and is becoming more of a head unit supplier.

ProCharger will support you on LS1Tech with supportive dealers such as Bob@Exotic Performance Plus and Slowhawk -DezRacing.

Only one has me.

Well written, Mark! I dealt with Vortech years ago regarding a Ferrari 456 that has a Vortech that a shop in California had installed on it, as part of their package that included making this hardtop only car into a convertible. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...le.php?auto=14
I found the people at Vortech to be just plain rude!

I also remember about ten years ago when Vortech use to make claims that an intercooler/aftercooler is not needed with their blowers... Bob
Old 01-17-2007, 06:27 AM
Teching In

a budy bought a lt1 with a vortech. we were doing a little checking to see what he has and its limitations. the guy at vortech said his unit is only good upto 10lb and when i asked about a intercooker he said with 10lb it would be useless. now if you cool the air temp you get more power...so wtf?
Old 01-17-2007, 09:24 AM
10 Second Club

I like chicken.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
I like chicken.
I like liver.

Meow mix, meow mix, please deliver.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:49 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Powerdyne for the win.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:52 PM
TECH Resident

That's not a choice mister!
Old 01-17-2007, 01:01 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
Powerdyne for the win.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:04 PM
ss1
TECH Fanatic

As far as what you're reading, everyone has an opinion on whats better. I think the five Vortech guys on ls1tech already know who the majority will go with

FWIW, KP is close to 8's with his ATI on a 346!!!
Old 01-17-2007, 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
Powerdyne for the win.
oh yeah...how about Tornado
Old 01-17-2007, 01:28 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

False advertising by Vortech really comes to mind in one of their adds about a Silverado SS. They were bragging alot about how it was making 700hp and running 11.2s(or soemthing close) but what they fail to mention is that it was on a 175 shot too. Shitty advertising IMO.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:59 PM
On The Tree

I'll tell you one thing, if you ask the same question on The Corvette Forum in the C5 Forced Induction Section you will get a very different answer and a whole lot more. To date I am very happy with my Procharger.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:00 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Turbos are the best, duh.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:50 PM
TECH Resident

Well yeah. But to get what i consider a quality turbo kit in a F-Body it is quite a bit more $ then bolting on a procharger.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:09 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by BIG BAD BLACKSS
Well yeah. But to get what i consider a quality turbo kit in a F-Body it is quite a bit more $ then bolting on a procharger.

I was just joking, there have been a dozen or more of these same polls over the years and it will always end with an argument and I'll end up locking it.

The Vortech guys that own them are going to say Vortechs are the best, Procharger owners are going to say Prochargers are the best. And the rest that never owned either one will do the most voting based on what they read on the internet

Andereck summed it up nicely, as far as corvetteforum they are pretty anti-procharger because of politics more then which is really a better unit.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:15 PM
ss1
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kp
The Vortech guys that own them are going to say Vortechs are the best, Procharger owners are going to say Prochargers are the best. And the rest that never owned either one will do the most voting based on what they read on the internet
I voted Vortech, just to not be a traitor. Honestly, if I were to buy a new setup i'd go with an F1 from the start.

Vortechs downfall at this point, is they don't make a blower kit with a bigger blower than the G-Trim. ATI's P1 head unit, by the numbers is equivelant to a Vortech T-Trim. With the ATI setup, you can mount any one of their blowers in the same location.

Numbers aside, apples to apples, oranges to oranges, I can't say which blower is made better or last longer. I've had good luck with my Vortech.

Last edited by ss1; 01-17-2007 at 04:21 PM.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think that it's a choice more of what you are subjected to, availability to the consumer, and which one that the person "feels" is better....They are both proven performers as stated...I mean honestly they're not a fly by night turbo company and they're not powerdyne... They've both probably got thousands of units on F-bodys and many more on a wide range of setups so a simple comparison is going to be merely subjective to brand loyalty...

Quick Reply: Who makes a better blower head unit, vortech or procharger?