Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Tc76mps

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 08:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 52172
My turbo is not in my hands its at the shop being installed on my new setup, but my engine/turbo builder is lookin into my part number on my turbonetics box and opening the compressor cover to spec the wheel. I ordered the same way as frcdfed over the phone with Jz@forced inductions. We both were clear we wanted a TC-76MPS. Maybe Jz ordered fordedfeds wrong? I sure hope mine is a 76. How can we tell if we really have the MPS wheel by looking at the part number? Is there a way? 2002blkss should have an MPS wheel.
ya i always wondered that, what the hell is the difference????
Old 01-30-2007, 08:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My turbo is not in my hands its at the shop being installed on my new setup, but my engine/turbo builder is lookin into my part number on my turbonetics box and opening the compressor cover to spec the wheel. I ordered the same way as frcdfed over the phone with Jz@forced inductions. We both were clear we wanted a TC-76MPS. Maybe Jz ordered fordedfeds wrong? I sure hope mine is a 76. How can we tell if we really have the MPS wheel by looking at the part number? Is there a way? 2002blkss should have an MPS wheel.
There are two ways to tell. First you can check the part number. If it matches what 2002/black/ss listed it should be a HP76 wheel. You could also pull the cover and check the inducer and major diameter. An HP76 wheel as stated before should have a 76mm inducer and a 102mm major (exducer) diameter. I'm not sure with what MPS stands for. Perhaps its something specific to FI.com? I can ask the Engineer at Turbonetics tomorrow if he is aware what that means.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
There are two ways to tell. First you can check the part number. If it matches what 2002/black/ss listed it should be a HP76 wheel. You could also pull the cover and check the inducer and major diameter. An HP76 wheel as stated before should have a 76mm inducer and a 102mm major (exducer) diameter. I'm not sure with what MPS stands for. Perhaps its something specific to FI.com? I can ask the Engineer at Turbonetics tomorrow if he is aware what that means.
ill cal tom also and see what an MPS is
Old 01-30-2007, 08:56 PM
Launching!

Sounds like it could have been a mistake. I mean you got 2 companies, 1 Forcedinductions which orders I'm sure plenty of turbos, and then Turbonetics, which I'm sure builds plenty per day, I'm sure sooner or later someone makes a mistake. Big deal......call FI and have them square it out. Everyone makes a big stink out of it....lol. Hell if it was me I would just pull the comp cover off, measure, then I would know for sure. I'm sure someone like FI has had this problem before when ordering parts.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Stupid Boost
Sounds like it could have been a mistake. I mean you got 2 companies, 1 Forcedinductions which orders I'm sure plenty of turbos, and then Turbonetics, which I'm sure builds plenty per day, I'm sure sooner or later someone makes a mistake. Big deal......call FI and have them square it out. Everyone makes a big stink out of it....lol. Hell if it was me I would just pull the comp cover off, measure, then I would know for sure. I'm sure someone like FI has had this problem before when ordering parts.
Absolutely and if thats the case thats fine. I'm just trying to find out whats going on for FrceFed98 as he is not having any luck with his unit at this point. If he has a 62-1 compressor thats certainly a good place to start. If its a mistake it will get fixed. But the answers he were getting were that he already had the correct unit when it doesn't appear he does.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:07 PM
Launching!

Yeah I think everyone go confused when someone said 62-1 which refers to 62mm, but then it ws posted it was a 76mm. So I think everyone was just wondering which one. Anyhow, like I said, I would just call Jose, hell he probably doesn't even know about this part # that was posted by Forcefed.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:11 PM
TECH Junkie

I am still glad I am having my builder check numbers because multiple mistakes happen.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Oh an MPS wheel is supposedly slightly larger in diameter which 2002's is not.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

ya mines less then 76mm and 102mm
Old 01-30-2007, 09:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 2002/Black/SS
ya mines less then 76mm and 102mm
Eh?? It should be 74-76mm dpending on your measuring skills, and a 101-103mm depending on measuring skills again.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:21 PM
Launching!

Do a search man, this was already talked about in depth on this board. The MPS is taller overall blade height "bigger" then the older series T-netics turbine wheel. Also less blades, radius pitch...or somehting like that if I remember....so in other words, much better...lol
Old 01-30-2007, 09:28 PM
Teching In

Do a search man, this was already talked about in depth on this board. The MPS is taller overall blade height "bigger" then the older series T-netics turbine wheel. Also less blades, radius pitch...or somehting like that if I remember....so in other words, much better...lol
Maybe thats referring to the HP76 compressor wheel as opposed to the standard T76 wheel.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:31 PM
Launching!

Maybe thats referring to the HP76 compressor wheel as opposed to the standard T76 wheel.
I was refering to the post of the MPS, or S-trim turbine wheel from Turbonetics vs the old Q-trim that T-netics offered. Alot of people think the Turbonetics units still use the old crappy straight blade Q-trim, which everyone did a while back, but talking to Forcedinductions, Jose and Jason said Turbonetics has really stepped up their game in the turbine wars with the S-trim, or MPS, which I believe is the same turbine used in the GT-K . I wish I could get the GTK comp cover for my units!!!!, they are HAWT!!!!
Old 01-30-2007, 09:31 PM
Banned

Here are the pics of one of my units. The pics are of the tag on the box, the turbine markings, the inside of the compressor cover, the minor and major diameters. TC76MPS turbos are infact 76mm turbo's. No worries guys I am gonna push this unit to its max.

Measuring skills will make a slight differnece in the actuall readings.

ENJOY.

Last edited by wickedred; 01-30-2007 at 09:37 PM.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:36 PM
Teching In

I was refering to the post of the MPS, or S-trim turbine wheel from Turbonetics vs the old Q-trim that T-netics offered. Alot of people think the Turbonetics units still use the old crappy straight blade Q-trim, which everyone did a while back, but talking to Forcedinductions, Jose and Jason said Turbonetics has really stepped up their game in the turbine wars with the S-trim, or MPS, which I believe is the same turbine used in the GT-K . I wish I could get the GTK comp cover for my units!!!!, they are HAWT!!!!
Ahh I see. Yes the F1 series S trim turbine. Thats why I posted above that the S trim wheel supersedes the Q trim...
Old 01-30-2007, 09:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by wickedred
Here are the pics of one of my units. The pics are of the tag on the box, the turbine markings, the inside of the compressor cover, the minor and major diameters. TC76MPS turbos are infact 76mm turbo's. No worries guys I am gonna push this unit to its max.

ENJOY.

Yup your turbo part number in fact shows the HP76 compressror wheel that you validated is actually in the unit. Looks like FrcFed98s turbo is the only one so far with the 62-1 compressor.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:43 PM
Launching!

Yup your turbo part number in fact shows the HP76 compressror wheel that you validated is actually in the unit. Looks like FrcFed98s turbo is the only one so far with the 62-1 compressor.
Yup, looks like he maybe the only one with a mixed up turbo. Well call Jose, hell I'm sure he won't hesitate to fix it......

That is awesome the TC76 shares the same turbine with the GTK......TC76 FTW!!! I still want a GTK comp cover.....lol. I wonder if Jose can order one for me.....
Old 01-30-2007, 09:46 PM
Banned

Yeah I checked all 4 of the ones I have in stock All the same. No worries here. Probably a mix up with Jer's turbo that will be fixed soon enough.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:47 PM
Teching In

Yup, looks like he maybe the only one with a mixed up turbo. Well call Jose, hell I'm sure he won't hesitate to fix it......

That is awesome the TC76 shares the same turbine with the GTK......TC76 FTW!!! I still want a GTK comp cover.....lol. I wonder if Jose can order one for me.....
Although I know the HP series wheels are used in the GT-K I think there are some other changes. I asked the engineers if you could do exactly what you are asking and they said you couldn't due to differences in compressor wheel design between the HP76 (T76) and the GT-K variant...
Old 01-30-2007, 09:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by wickedred
Yeah I checked all 4 of the ones I have in stock All the same. No worries here. Probably a mix up with Jer's turbo that will be fixed soon enough.
Yup.....well 1 out of who knows how many is pretty damn good for FI and Turbonetics.....just had to be the guy with the most amount of trouble.

Quick Reply: Tc76mps