Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Supercharger cost!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 02:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercharger cost!!!

Hello to everyone.
I am a new mewmber and looking for any advice i can get.
2004 c5 auto
This is what i have in mind, and the price.
Forged 347 LS1 with stock crank, Stage II MTI heads. 60# FI , custom blower cam (very street freindly)
D1SC procharger , Kooks LT and x-pipe and highflow cats,
342:1 gears with hardened output shaft
KB boost a pump

With this i hope to have 600 hp at the wheels and with slicks be in the mid 10s at the track and have mean street car.

The installed price is 18k! I know it sounds like alot to me too. Any other ways that i could get the power i am after? It has to be street legal.

Thanks for any advice .

Lionel C
Old 01-30-2007, 02:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lionelc-5
Hello to everyone.
I am a new mewmber and looking for any advice i can get.
2004 c5 auto
This is what i have in mind, and the price.
Forged 347 LS1 with stock crank, Stage II MTI heads. 60# FI , custom blower cam (very street freindly)
D1SC procharger , Kooks LT and x-pipe and highflow cats,
342:1 gears with hardened output shaft
KB boost a pump

With this i hope to have 600 hp at the wheels and with slicks be in the mid 10s at the track and have mean street car.

The installed price is 18k! I know it sounds like alot to me too. Any other ways that i could get the power i am after? It has to be street legal.

Thanks for any advice .

Lionel C
Depends on how the engine is built. Top of line components can drive the price for the engine alone to 7K easy. Add in the SC + labor to install in a Vette.....

Might be high, but not enough info is given here. Might be right on. Check the sticky at the top of this section. FI is $$$$$. Period. And really expensive if you're not doing the wrenching!
Old 01-30-2007, 03:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

also what kind of transmission do u have?built already?rear end?any suspension?if u dont want to spend that kind of money there is always nitrous,just wont have 600 to the wheels all the time!
Old 01-30-2007, 04:14 PM
On The Tree

To answer the first couple questions.

Yes quality parts in the block, its a little over 5k for the short block and heads.

The rear end is built also. The trans is stock, but i can rebuilt it myself. I worked my way through school building transmitions.

So for the 18k that is installed. turn key except the trans.

On the stickys i looked at there were people talking 10 to 15k on twin turbos, must have been owner installs?

Lionel
Old 01-30-2007, 04:20 PM
FormerVendor

18K for a turn key forged block & CNC heads, with a supercharger installed, tuned and ready to go isn't that bad. It sounds right on to me without knowing all the details.

With that said, if you put yourself through school rebuilding automatic transmissions, then you can definately handle an engine swap and supercharger kit install and save your self a bunch of money on labor.

Either way, sounds like a nice setup, and the prices sound right to me.

Ed
Old 01-30-2007, 05:26 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the reply Ed,

Well the trrans to me is a cake walk. But honestly i have never did an engine swap alone. I dont do mechanic work fo a living anymore and odnt have that many tools and only a small garage. So though i "could" do the work myself, my spare time is very limmited. Also i dont have the space , tools or the desire to do it myself honestly.

The labor on the install is about 3k. And it realy didnt sound bad to me for the amount of work involved. I just havent been around the busness in a long time and wanted to know if the 18k price tag sounded to everyone here. And also if anyone had another direction i might go in to get to the same ends?

I personaly dont think i can build a very streetable car with 600 hp at the wheels if it is NA. The cam would be huge and dont think i could get it street legal anyway.

Thanks,
Lionel
Old 01-30-2007, 07:39 PM
FormerVendor

I agree with you, 600HP N/A is going to be a much more aggressive car, and not as much fun on the street. I think your plan is a good one, and it will definately give you the results you're looking for. You may want to take a look at the APS TT kit. They're very nice, and I'm sure someone in Texas can install one for you.

Hope this helps,
Ed
Old 01-30-2007, 07:42 PM
10 Second Club

600 hp on a mild supercharged setup should be easy. if you walk in with cash in hand i'm sure one of our sponsors will give you a deal.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:54 AM
On The Tree

Thanks Ed,

But honestly I am a little intimidated by the TT setups. I know they are alot more versitile and very capable of producing huge power. But I know myself, and the ability to turn the boost up at the flick of a swich might not be a good thing. I would probably push it too far and sling the guts out of it. From what i have read about the TT set up they are a tuff install that requires alot of mods, and I am not giving up my AC, i live in Houston! lol

So i think that S/C is my best option.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:19 PM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for the reply Ed,

Well the trrans to me is a cake walk. But honestly i have never did an engine swap alone. I dont do mechanic work fo a living anymore and odnt have that many tools and only a small garage. So though i "could" do the work myself, my spare time is very limmited. Also i dont have the space , tools or the desire to do it myself honestly.

The labor on the install is about 3k. And it realy didnt sound bad to me for the amount of work involved. I just havent been around the busness in a long time and wanted to know if the 18k price tag sounded to everyone here. And also if anyone had another direction i might go in to get to the same ends?

I personaly dont think i can build a very streetable car with 600 hp at the wheels if it is NA. The cam would be huge and dont think i could get it street legal anyway.

Thanks,
Lionel

3K for labor is very reasonable. For a Vette damn near the entire freakin drivetrain + full exhaust needs to be dropped to get the engine out. It's a pretty detailed ordeal. That + installing the SC, tuning it, etc. Lots o' time involved. If the parts cost makes up the other 15K, then it's a very fair price.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:39 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out this 2004 C5 that we built. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=40

This is the engine build that went into it.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...php?service=85

This is the ATI ProCharger installed price on it.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....php?service=6

Add a MSD 2350 boost a pump to the above combination for 600 rwhp. Past 600 rwhp, I would upgrade the fuel system like we did on the Corvette above. Bob
Old 02-01-2007, 10:36 AM
On The Tree

Default Thanks Bob

Thanks for the links to your websight. Also for the time you took to talk to me about my car and the options open to me! Cant wait to see what you come up with for me. By the way we spoke about a product name i could not remember, it was DMH.

Thanks to everyone who gave me adives. I think i have made a decision, and can get some things rolling with my car now.

LionelC
Old 02-01-2007, 10:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Somewhere Between Mild Insanity and Complete Psychosis

If you're looking for a car in the mid tens with slicks, you don't need to spend that much, especially with an a4.

Used LQ9 heads w/ 72cc combustion chambers: $300-$400
Used 3.42 rearend, new hardend output shaft: $1000
Yank SC 3400 2.6 STR Converter: $900
CheaTR Blower Cam, gaskets, oil pump, timing chain: $800
TSP offroad headers through stock exhaust: $550
A&A Vortech Kit (includes 60lb inj, KB boost-a-pump) $6,000
ATI Harmonic Balancer, new crank bolt: $500
Parts to rebuild transmission: $800 at most
Professional Tune: $500

Total: ~$11,300

You could run a safe 8-9psi of boost with the larger combustion heads, but could always add an ALKY kit for extra safety if you want. You would EASILY run 10s with this combo, maybe even sniff nines. You might also want to consider a DTE tranny/rear end brace for track purposes. And a roll cage, 5-point harness, etc. If you can drop/rebuild the tranny, you can do all the other work easily. If you want to go with a new rearend and new, ported LQ9 heads, then add about $1300 for that.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

do you allready have the built shortblock and supercharger? if not ive got a forged04 ls2 364 still at mach shop still in bag ratted to1000hp with a d1 procharger with polished air box and 2 intercollers that ive diceded togive up.ihave a35th anv ss thative decided to leave stock,well almost stock, ha ha let me know barnat 724 869 9643.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:37 PM
Launching!

F/I gets expensive real quick. I was going to do the N/A thing but figured for my goals the car would be a trailer queen....so I purchased a D1sc for my C5 and am also having 3:73s w/Hardned Lt output shaft and a Yank SS3200 installed with a 224/230 114lsa cam to accomidate the Procharger. Im looking to not go over 550rwhp because im on the stock bottom end, but that will change next year. Also when my trans goes..and im sure it will, I'm going with RPM's level 4. So all in all I'm looking at about 10k and thats with a really good deal on a procharger i bought from corvetteforum. But I hear boos is addicting
Old 02-01-2007, 02:22 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Thanks for the links to your websight. Also for the time you took to talk to me about my car and the options open to me! Cant wait to see what you come up with for me. By the way we spoke about a product name i could not remember, it was DMH.

Thanks to everyone who gave me adives. I think i have made a decision, and can get some things rolling with my car now.

LionelC
Thankyou, I sent you a quote. The only thing I do not have on there is the rear gear installation - oops... Thanks. Bob

Quick Reply: Supercharger cost!!!