We will add some more detailed photos/videos today
Old 03-27-2007, 06:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice!!!!
Old 03-28-2007, 07:05 AM
FormerVendor

Another quick video showing you guys underneath the car with the 'Boyce Boom Tubes' in place. This car sounds the goods thats for sure!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZXw9tb5oHo
Then I took it out on the road with the logger in place to record some wideband info, and boost data before the dyno guys got it, hit the throttle in third gear, it black tracked, skewed sideways at 80mph, and gave me a BIG moment!...what a WICKED combo
Old 03-28-2007, 07:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn it why are you going to make me buy a WS6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2007, 06:08 PM
Banned

i don't know about other people, but i don't like the way you have the air tubes ran. under the k-member. might as well by a sts kit. if you are making a new kit, then run it right.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:26 PM
FormerVendor

Ok guys, since we are now onto the running, testing, tuning and validation side of this project now (initial prototyping and pattern work for production is now finished) lets have a quick summary of the design principles of Gen-TT Fbody, and before anyone asks we are still well on track for a fully delivered price of $4995

The exhaust manifolds are high quality GM castings from the latest generation 2007 series cars and are far more durable than most cheaply cast aftermarket pieces. These come included with the Gen-TT Fbody kit

Turbochargers feature our custom castings specifically for this project and are capable of pushing 500rwhp each. Utilising a large T3 flange and a power capable compressor these turbochargers cant be wedged in the engine bay. We have found that in big power applications the very last thing you want is the turbos stuffed in the engine bay! More on this one later

Our intercooler features a true four inch thick bar and plate core and mounts easily in the nost of the F-body cars. It runs close to ambient temperatures and has a minimal pressure drop even at 800hp of flow

We have patterns already made for inlet piping to accomodate the stock LS6 style inlet manifold or....

For those of you that run the GMPP piece we can also supply inlet plumbing using our high strength 'black series' silicone that allows you to keep the stock radiator - all at no extra charge, just let us know on the order form (which we will be posting soon)

Exhaust hook-up is simple due to our turbochargers featuring dual 3 inch outlets that come complete with a V-band clamp (the other side of the V-band comes included in the kit so theres no extra cost or parts to buy). Large internal wastegates ensure you can use your existing exhaust (the turbos exit very close to the same point a set of Kooks long tube headers do)

Oil return is carried out using a high quality US made Aerospace specification pump, which can either return oil to the sump (if you want to drop the pan during install) or if you specify at order we can supply a fitting to put the oil straight back into the valve cover, saving hours of time and labour on installation

A complete installation under the car and neatly tucked away. We believe the advantages of this turbocharger mounting approach easily outweight the disadvantages. Sure the sump clearance (which is different to ground clearance) is reduced by 2 inches once our turbo guard shield is in place, however we consider this a small price to pay to take the 800 degree turbo housings out of the engine bay and stop them roasting the inlet air charge and significantly reducing performance

We will be will on track to ship these complete and professionally manufactured kits to arrive in the US by the third week of May. Everyone on staff here has an impeccable track record for integrity and delivery, so be sure of our rock solid guarantees
Stay tuned for final dyno figures and track times

Last edited by Street Tuna; 03-28-2007 at 06:34 PM.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn Tuna looks like you beat someone else to the punch with getting the kit done first congrats.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:53 PM
FormerVendor

As mentioned earlier we will also offer a tuning service where we can handle getting a base running program in your car one of two ways -
1) Use one of our professionally calibrated HP Tuner or EFI LIVE 2bar / 3bar speed density files....or.....
2) Send us your existing NA file and we will convert it over to a full 2bar / 3bar SD tune and send it back to you.

THIS IS ALL FREE OF CHARGE AS A SERVICE TO GEN-TT F-BODY CUSTOMERS!

P.S. We were one of the original Beta testing crew on the HP Tuners SD 2bar / 3bar program, and we had plenty of input on the operating system, so our tuning in this regard is beyond reproach
Old 03-28-2007, 07:55 PM
TECH Addict

can you get just the hot parts/turbos if so how much?
Old 03-28-2007, 07:57 PM
Coal Mining Director

Looks like a nice system that will make some killer power. Can you post a compressor map?

I will bet ya an Australian Coke the IC temp will be much higher than ambient at the end of a quarter mile run at +15psi...
Old 03-28-2007, 08:29 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Street Tuna
Sure the sump clearance (which is different to ground clearance) is reduced by 2 inches once our turbo guard shield is in place, however we consider this a small price to pay to take the 800 degree turbo housings out of the engine bay and stop them roasting the inlet air charge and significantly reducing performance

Could you explain to me how turbochargers mounted in the engine bay will roast the inlet air charge? Thanks.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by INTMD8
Could you explain to me how turbochargers mounted in the engine bay will roast the inlet air charge? Thanks.

Great question BTW Sounds like a sales tip
Old 03-28-2007, 08:53 PM
Launching!

Looking good. Is there any intake piping or filters with the kit or does it just suck air from straight in the turbos? How much boost will these turbos make? I noticed an early pic showed a nice metal up pipe to the intake and now the pics show the black silicone tubing....is the metal up pipe not an option? Is ceramic coating the manifolds an option?
Old 03-28-2007, 11:23 PM
FormerVendor

Onfire you are damn straight there. Expect the IAT value to raise my 5 - 6 deg across a quarter mile pass

As for heat in the engine bay 52172 - remember the area under the exhaust manifold is essentially a cooling channel that directs airflow out the back of the radiator and down/out under the car. Block that area with anything, especially an obstruction like a turbocharger and the airflow through the engine bay will be greatly reduced. All you need to do to test this is hook up a simple manometer and measure both sides of the radiator/cooler. Once you start to block the engine bay outlet air the pressure in the engine bay raises slightly and all of a sudden the radiator and intercooler start to achieve negative flow, hence the temperatures rise in accordance. Manufacturers have known this for years, which is why they spend a lot of time ducting air in and around the engine bay with plastic undertrays, deflectors etc

SS_girl we have filters on the car that mount up the front. The stock LS6 manifold retains a stainless steel pipe, as does the GMPP piece. You just cant see it in the shots
Pics later
Old 03-28-2007, 11:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Sounds like a pretty accurate description of the underhood thermal dynamics.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:53 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well for the record, turbochargers mounted along side the engine are not going to block all the airflow through the engine compartment and "roast the inlet air charge", not by a longshot. Especially considering the exhaust housings are in the same general location as the original catalytic converters but are smaller and run at a lower temperature.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:09 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Can you stick an average weight person in the car and get a measurement from the :

*oil pan to the ground

*pipes under pan to the ground

*bottom of compressor housing to the ground.

Im sure these will be answers people want to know. People wanting to know their ground clearance would just have to measure their pan from the ground and fix the math to get there application.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:10 AM
Coal Mining Director

"Onfire you are damn straight there. Expect the IAT value to raise my 5 - 6 deg across a quarter mile pass"

I'm a little confused .....are you saying that at 15psi boost the discharge temp will only increase 5-6 degrees over ambient at the end of a run???? Hope not since most A to A IC's that size will jump 40 to 70 degrees over ambient at high boost levels...start at 80 F and end at 120 to 150F...
Old 03-29-2007, 10:10 AM

On my setup, I never "roasted the IAC temps"... Thats a pretty stupid comment.

I had the same IC with my front mount and with my setup, buy the time I made a hard run through 4th with 12 psi, My IAT were about 10*s above ambient on a 85* day. They topped around 95-96*s.

I still dont see the need to try to poke at APS's kit.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by promod1955
Can you stick an average weight person in the car and get a measurement from the :

*oil pan to the ground

*pipes under pan to the ground

*bottom of compressor housing to the ground.

Im sure these will be answers people want to know. People wanting to know their ground clearance would just have to measure their pan from the ground and fix the math to get there application.
With the car oon its own 4 wheels.... but I doubt youll see it.

Quick Reply: Gen-TT Twin Turbo Fbody 800rwhp system $4995 including free delivery