Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Methanol injection

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 10:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LittleRedZ
intercooler=restriction=less power
i guess it would be better for the street driving, thats about it.
thats mainly what its for, its not a track queen. although it will see it occasionally
Old 03-28-2007, 10:27 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here is something to debate.... me personally when i spray meth i PULL gasoline out to retain the a/f that i want.. as opposed to setting the a/f where i want and then letting the meth push the a/f waay fat. how do you feel about that?
That's the way mine's set up, with WOT fuel/timing adjusted in the presence of spray. On the Dynojet, this gave a flat 11.5 AFR. Now that I've got the wideband on the car, I've been logging AFR at different setpoints on the Alkycontrol unit... I've been going through more methanol than I expected, so I'm looking to see if I can dial down the spray a bit and still stay under 12 AFR when the car is fully street loaded. So far, so good.

As for the intercooler/methanol question, I would think that a well-setup methanol system could compensate pretty well for the lack of an intercooler. But I run an FMIC anyway (probably one that's too large). Here's a little log of IAT's with methanol (ambient was about 60 F) x axis is time in seconds:

Last edited by RW99; 03-28-2007 at 10:54 AM.

Quick Reply: Methanol injection