Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

tonight 1265 hp and lost a tire...

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 10:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by THE_SUPRA
yeah how are the heads staying down? i ask this knowing that people have done 1500wheel hp on 4bolts per cylinder...but still.
Burt, I have roughly 1500hp in my ****...at the nuts!...just ask your sister how the "head" stays down... I have more bolts than that holding it in though...
Old 04-18-2007, 10:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ohyouknow
there was ample cool down imbetween runs..............
I don't doubt that. I just wanted to know if the load placed on the tires with the tie-down straps on the dyno caused the tire failure.

-Russell
Old 04-18-2007, 10:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pdanrichey
Burt, I have roughly 1500hp in my ****...at the nuts!...just ask your sister how the "head" stays down... I have more bolts than that holding it in though...

lmao lmao

hella funny. its a great andrew dice clay answer
Old 04-18-2007, 10:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 52172
Back to the pushin water. What do you guys or should I say the owner plan on doing when water rushes into the oil on this expensive project? It won't be all fun and games anymore unless the money makes a pit! How many head bolts will the C5-r accomadate only four I believe? Then the owner will have wished he spent the 6k on a new BILLET DART block or of course one of the new GMMP iron blocks or a warhawk block where the stated worries would be nonexistent. With all the money spent here one of the above three blocks SHOULD have been used. IMO. The C5-R block was designed to be NA.
im pretty sure if something goes wrong, considering the parts hes bought, he wont have a problem buying another shortblock, some people just have too much money.

on another note W2W used a c5r to build a 1200hp motor, just throwing that out there
Old 04-18-2007, 11:05 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 52172
Back to the pushin water. What do you guys or should I say the owner plan on doing when water rushes into the oil on this expensive project? It won't be all fun and games anymore unless the money makes a pit! How many head bolts will the C5-r accomadate only four I believe? Then the owner will have wished he spent the 6k on a new BILLET DART block or of course one of the new GMMP iron blocks or a warhawk block where the stated worries would be nonexistent. With all the money spent here one of the above three blocks SHOULD have been used. IMO. The C5-R block was designed to be NA.

Let me reassure you guy's that this motor was not built by amatuer's!!!And as for if something go's wrong with the car for instance,he pushes a little water,which I doubt it very much that it will,the gentleman that own's this car,has extremely deep pocket's!!This guy bought this 06z06 for this project,and then went and bought another 06z06 for his daily driver!! He also has a 04 twin turbo z06 with a 427 in it that makes appx, 1000rwhp.Money is not an Issue!!Although you may think that the C5-R block was designed for N/A use only,so are all the other block's that are made!!! This gentleman like's to go outside the box and try new and different thing's! It seem's to be working out very well!So apparently the C5-R block is working very well!Sometime's it is all in the tune on how long something will last! The guy's at Atlanta Performance and Fabrication alway's love a challenge.How many othe C5-R block out there are making this kind of power through the stock exhaust and drive the car to and from the dyno! It just depend's on what you want and can afford!
Old 04-18-2007, 11:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ocdwill
uh... fix it.. nah we are going to throw the whole car in the trash and build a new one.... just because we decided to buy a cheap and sucky block like you think it is ..it still makes 1400 hp so far 90 times back to back on the dyno. how many c5-r blocks have done that? none that we know about till now...soon people will say why did you buy a gmmp or a billet dart block when you should have got a c5-r block?? dont mean to be an a$$ but we love a challenge and will step up ....this car will not drive arround on 28lbs of boost all the time the owner wants us to see how far it will go...with in reason...then it will be on the street at ONLY 1200 to the wheels but that is because we were stupid enough to put a c5-r block in this waste of money...z06 project

let the builders speak..... if the dude has enough money to DD a 06 Z06 AND build another 1500hp 06 Z06, then let him do it with what ever materials he likes...... i dont see anyone on here doing this radical of a project on a new Z06..... not only does he have a DD 06Z06, but another 06Z06 with 1200+rwhp AND an 04 with a 427TT making 1krwhp..... thats $$$ my friends..... thats money. i want his job
Old 04-19-2007, 12:03 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Tiago
they must be pushing some water?
not yet......but that is our goal...lol...just to let everyone know....lifting the heads is not a problem...we will show everyone y and how after we are completed with the project...we are scared to death the the tranny is going to explode at this point..!!! it would be real ugly if it did...and it might..

Last edited by ocdwill; 04-19-2007 at 12:54 AM.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:35 AM
12 Second Club

holy God....
Old 04-19-2007, 01:01 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RHall8612
I don't doubt that. I just wanted to know if the load placed on the tires with the tie-down straps on the dyno caused the tire failure.

-Russell

dont really know they were going to pull the tire off today............... but it made for hell of a scary scene lol. tire really didnt "come" apart it just kinda blew out but stayed togther.. i would have to see the tire to make my own judgment im sure ocdwill will chime in.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:44 AM
Teching In

yeah im bored...this is kinda fun..
LMAO go feed ronan another cookie, and quit getting into a pissing match on the internet
Old 04-19-2007, 01:55 AM
Staging Lane

LMAO go feed ronan another cookie, and quit getting into a pissing match on the internet

lol...i did.. im waiting on a guy to drop off his t/t vert c5 as we speak he is lost ...ill let this 56382834 guy tell him how to make 1000 hp in his car *** soon as he gets here...
Old 04-19-2007, 01:58 AM
Teching In

lol...i did.. im waiting on a guy to drop off his t/t vert c5 as we speak he is lost ...ill let this 56382834 guy tell him how to make 1000 hp in his car *** soon as he gets here...

did ya'll go back to the dyno tonight, or did you get the white t/t car finished and gone

besides you dont need to give any more f-body guys nightmares about 4 bangers
Old 04-19-2007, 01:59 AM
Staging Lane

ok back to the z06 stuff....we will give an update soon as we strap it back down on the dyno......night 5648395 guy..it was fun...
Old 04-19-2007, 02:01 AM
Staging Lane

did ya'll go back to the dyno tonight, or did you get the white t/t car finished and gone

lol the t/t ss is done for now we base tuned it for the show this weekend...
Old 04-19-2007, 07:57 AM
9 Second Club

you bitches need to stop bickering and get back to talk of turbos, lsx's, HP, and exploding drivetrain parts....
Old 04-19-2007, 08:58 AM
9 Second Club

This F-body will not be scared of any 4 banger.Maybe only a 500 nos shot on a mustang from a dig though!
Old 04-19-2007, 10:01 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by HUNTER02SS
This F-body will not be scared of any 4 banger.Maybe only a 500 nos shot on a mustang from a dig though!

im scared of cars we build.....im glad you like your t/t kit chris ..after you get back from the show..we can get the 545356 guy to figure out how to get the big #s out of your car...without spiting water all over the floor..;-)
Old 04-19-2007, 10:28 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1,743 Likes on 1,301 Posts

Originally Posted by HUNTER02SS
.How many othe C5-R block out there are making this kind of power through the stock exhaust and drive the car to and from the dyno! It just depend's on what you want and can afford!
im all for twin turbos and large ones at that on a motor sized to actually spool them to have a nice powerband.but are you saying that youre making this kind of power through the stock C6z06 exhaust?if so im calling bs until you post a continuous video of the car running on the dyno making a pull and showing underneath the car with the stock exhaust.youre backpressure must be rediculous if u have the stock exhaust.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ddnspider
are you saying that youre making this kind of power through the stock C6z06 exhaust?if so im calling bs
I agree with that, hard to beleive you can pull those numbers at just 20 psi, and through a full stock exhaust. Bad *** car for sure!
Old 04-19-2007, 01:03 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ddnspider
im all for twin turbos and large ones at that on a motor sized to actually spool them to have a nice powerband.but are you saying that youre making this kind of power through the stock C6z06 exhaust?if so im calling bs until you post a continuous video of the car running on the dyno making a pull and showing underneath the car with the stock exhaust.youre backpressure must be rediculous if u have the stock exhaust.
from the drivers feet back is bone stock...ill get pic...the owner want's it quite......sorry nothing to gain here by telling a bs story....i just tink its kinda cool .....dont get me wronge im sure its done at 1200+ but i would love to see 1300...with it pluged..

Quick Reply: tonight 1265 hp and lost a tire...