Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

F--- this car. Still running hot.

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 10:57 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car in traffic will run about 200-210. It just runs warm driving around. I moved my trans cooler from in front of my radiator, I'm not sure if it will help yet. If I can get water AND oil to stay in my motor I'll get around to driving it!
Old 04-30-2007, 10:59 PM
TECH Resident

so where did you relocate your trans cooler too?
Old 05-04-2007, 03:52 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I posted another thread with my fix to the problem, but just for future search users, I had a bad water pump.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:24 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by 94blownz281
so where did you relocate your trans cooler too?
I put it on the pasenger side floor, I think where one of the cats use to be.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TS6
It has a 160 stat in it now.

I do have a belt driven pump I could try, and I'll probably step up to a 180 stat. This car will never run 160 unless its below 60 and on the highway, so I might as well slow down the water flow to help it actually cool off in the radiator.

I run a fluidyne radiator, and honestly, its the same size as stock. It is thicker, but not a monster. I am thinking that since I removed the A/C I can fit alot more radiator in it now, maybe a thicker one would help? Who makes such an animal? Be Cool has one that is a little thicker, but I want the biggest I can fit. I might try the stock water pump just to alleviate some of the load on the electrical system.

As far as being something simple, no, its not. I think having a bigger (408 iron block) engine is just alot more to cool. The ATI shroud compounds the issue. I'll probably ditch the shroud if I change the radiator.

You turbo guys with stock fans have no issues because you can use the stock fans. Its really hard to beat the stock fan/shroud setup.

As far as the other suggestions: It does have some antifreeze in it, its good to 20 degrees or so, if that tells you anything. I had more antifreeze in it before, didn't change anything. A/F at idle seems fine. Anywhere from 13 to 15.x to 1. It bounces around.

I don't know about the evans pump, sure is pricey for an experiment. Maybe I should just go Evans pump and coolant? I have searched on the evans coolant and only found a couple guys using it. No FI guys as I recall.

Maybe a bigger radiator is the answer, it surely can't hurt and I can probably recoup most of what the Fluidyne cost me. Its only got a couple hundred miles on it, if that.

Off to find the biggest radiator that will still let me close my hood!
Im running an Evans pump and coolant and after all the overheating issues I had it fixed it...

I would recommend one for sure.

Quick Reply: F--- this car. Still running hot.