Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Twin turbo trans am build

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 04:51 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by domination
Hopefully informative too?

I learned to be more selective of my customers. I've been doing this full time for 4 years solid with no complaints, then I run into this fucken snake. You give a kid so much free labor cause it snow balled on him, and he tries to burn me on public forums. He must be out his mind. It not into mudslinging, so the whole story is gonna remain undisclosed. People that know the whole story, know whats up. To anyone whom thinks I would not take responsibility for my actions, or would rip a custom off, check the credentials. Consider the source of all this nay say. The kid whom was banned from our local board for doing the exact same thing to other local shops.

I stand behind my work. Sinister called me and said he has an extra pump I could take up there if that turns out to be the problem. I have been offering to get this bug worked out for FREE. Simple terms. Either call me on the phone, or stop down and see me. If your gonna need any different parts, thats gonna be up to you to cover though.
i have to defend Jay, he does stand up on his part. has put in free hours for R&D in a few cases. Cause of his fab skills he will be helping me do a similar TT setup for a silverado. Jay's work is up there but the Fab work speaks for itself. I had jay do my exhaust for my truck and i get compliments all the time on how professional the welds look along with how easy acessible the trans is to remove with the entire exhaust in place. Jay has put in alot of free time in on this car, i also put alittle bit of time in on it giving the guys at domination help. I think Kurt also put in some time as well. all to help Bret get on the road as soon as he could
Old 08-31-2007, 04:57 PM
Teching In

Unfortunately my time involved was in the fuel system design although I did not choose what brands were used and wasn't there for final assembly.

That same fuel system has made over 600whp in my car and the same design is in the SS as well.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:25 PM
7 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hopefully informative too?

I learned to be more selective of my customers. I've been doing this full time for 4 years solid with no complaints, then I run into this fucken snake. You give a kid so much free labor cause it snow balled on him, and he tries to burn me on public forums. He must be out his mind. It not into mudslinging, so the whole story is gonna remain undisclosed. People that know the whole story, know whats up. To anyone whom thinks I would not take responsibility for my actions, or would rip a custom off, check the credentials. Consider the source of all this nay say. The kid whom was banned from our local board for doing the exact same thing to other local shops.

I stand behind my work. Sinister called me and said he has an extra pump I could take up there if that turns out to be the problem. I have been offering to get this bug worked out for FREE. Simple terms. Either call me on the phone, or stop down and see me. If your gonna need any different parts, thats gonna be up to you to cover though.
I'm with you 100%. I've been doing similar work as you for the past 9-10 years and have had my share of ummmm "High Maintance" clients and you really start to get a feel for how they act after a couple. If I get the feeling that the client is high maintance I usually won't take on the job unless it has some type of financial reward and even than I usually turn away those types of clients because the headaches are not worth it in the long run. Good Luck, hope to see you guys @ MIR soon.
Phil
Old 09-01-2007, 08:06 AM
TECH Regular

haha - nice one jay... i got banned from the local forum b/c i CAME TO YOU to do my cam install - you have known it was bullshit, b/c i didnt get along with the board owner - you have been well aware of this for the past how long - don't try to turn the story to fit ur motive now...

And i never made any of this public until you had to do what you did with this fuel system. I bitched, but always paid my bill whenever you asked for money ... However, its frustrating when someone tears your car apart, leaving you without a ride, and then refuses to replace the parts that HE CHOSE, even tho they were the wrong ones. I already gave you the computer analogy (sp?) ... its the exact same situation. I never bashed any of your work, b/c i think its high quality, just the fact that you more than doubled the labor quote. But did i still pay? YES....

i already told you that you're not going to get a phone call. I already have someone that is more than happy to fix the problem - with the same conditions - i have to pay for any new parts that may be needed ... in his case thouhg, he didnt screw up the system the first time, so i don't have too much to bitch about when it comes to paying for some parts
Old 09-01-2007, 10:28 AM
Banned

Anybody give a damn about all this drama?

Lets focus on the car huh? You can't call me... fine. Get the thing remedied, and post up some number then!
Old 09-01-2007, 03:55 PM
Staging Lane

As an LS1tech lurker, I want to see more vids and good horsepower. (I'm busy dreaming of a twin turbo V8 setup too.) Everything on the build looks great so far.

Shame that relations have broken down between builder and customer. We don't really want to see the argument in public.

James
Old 09-04-2007, 01:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

anything???
Old 09-04-2007, 03:53 PM
On The Tree

Anybody give a damn about all this drama?

Lets focus on the car huh? You can't call me... fine. Get the thing remedied, and post up some number then!

Yea Bish, get that thing running and let's see what she does.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:36 AM
TECH Regular

no update yet... hoses are getting picked up today and pumps are being tested... we'll see what happens
Old 09-05-2007, 08:12 AM
Teching In

I bet I know what happened and it's not the pumps.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:37 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BlueMeanieTSi
I bet I know what happened and it's not the pumps.
and..... are you going to inform me?
Old 09-05-2007, 08:42 AM
Teching In

I bet you ran out of fuel in the baffle "basket".
Old 09-05-2007, 08:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

are you working on it anything?
Old 09-05-2007, 09:15 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nicew looking mockup..great looking car..now just need dyno set time!!! and is this a whole kit? ready togo? how much and from who?
Old 09-05-2007, 09:32 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Black FormulaLs1
nicew looking mockup..great looking car..now just need dyno set time!!! and is this a whole kit? ready togo? how much and from who?
its a whole kit, but obviously from the last several posts, price is something we should leave outta the thread.... But its a custom built kit, so its not getting released liek the APS kit
Old 09-05-2007, 09:33 AM
TECH Regular

I bet you ran out of fuel in the baffle "basket".
i have no clue what you're talking about, but if you can describe further, i will pass along the knowledge to Nate...
Old 09-05-2007, 10:44 AM
Teching In

Your pumps sit in a baffle in the tank so they don't fuel starve from sudden changes in the cars inertia. We tested it with full tank and the pumps did not out flow the baffle inlet but I'm betting if you weren't at least half tank its pumping more out than is flowing in the baffle. It prob needs the openings enlarged.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:44 AM
TECH Regular

Your pumps sit in a baffle in the tank so they don't fuel starve from sudden changes in the cars inertia. We tested it with full tank and the pumps did not out flow the baffle inlet but I'm betting if you weren't at least half tank its pumping more out than is flowing in the baffle. It prob needs the openings enlarged.
k thanks for the info.. i'll pass it along
Old 09-05-2007, 11:57 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I run twin Walbros in both my cars and neither has any fuel issues. Even with a #6 line on the black car with FR's and a FPR on the rails with a return line works fine. The orange car has #8 and it too works fine good luck.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SonofaBish
k thanks for the info.. i'll pass it along

get rid of the basket

when sammy and i did mine we cut the bitch out of there and just used the back and bottom for the spupport of the pumps

if your running out of fuel around the pumps that gonna cause your pumps to get hot they are cooled by the fuel surrounding them !

Quick Reply: Twin turbo trans am build