Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Going With A Procharger

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 02:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going With A Procharger

Hey guys, I've decided to purchase a Procharger set up for my 2002 Z28. My problem is.....I don't exactly know what package I want, and my nig problem is......who is the best Sponsor to buy my Procharger from?

Any suggestions from you guys would be great! Thanx -- Torque Wrench
Old 05-21-2007, 02:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I were you I would go with the D1SC package from Bob at EPP... First of all what are your goals though?? If you want something more and are going to have a forged engine then try the F1 package that they have... I would just look at their website on the right... >>>>>
Old 05-21-2007, 02:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Dude you should get the P1SC thats the 5-7PSI kit your horse should be about 415,420ish somwhere around there with a bone stock motor. Then again you could always go with the D1SC with I think 8-10PSI that flows like 200CFM more than the P1 and opt for the 8-rib belt, dont know the power gains on the D1 though. The P1 I know makes about 415-420 because thats what my cousin put down on his TA with nothing but a P1 on his 2002 WS6 6-speed car. Also don't forget to go with the 4.5in twin intercoolers instead of the 3.5's.

As far as knowing were to buy them, shop around, if your looking to install it your self I heard its not to bad. Check out speed inc.com, WS6store.com, then theres a place called fccustoms.com that have a pretty decent deal in GM HighTech, they have it advertised as Kits start at $2600, so you might want to check them out. Good luck bro
Old 05-21-2007, 03:06 PM
TECH Addict

Thanx fellas.....I appreciate the info. My goals are not going with a forged engine. I plan on running my engine as long as I can because it's in perfect shape. My mods thus far are 216/224 .551 cam, FAST Intake, 3.73 gears, Auburn Locker, NX 150 wet shot and some custom tuning. What else do yuo reccomend I go for with the Procharger?
Old 05-21-2007, 03:24 PM
11 Second Club

well you will either want to get rid of the nitrous or jet it really low for the blower. but as for other parts :colder plugs (probally already have these if your spraying), fuel pump, injectors, fuel pressure and boost guage, ati harmonic balancer (if your getting the d1sc blower with 8 rib). might want to consider a better clutch if your on the stock one and youll need a tune.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:16 PM
9 Second Club

I have the D1SC w/ATI 8 rib from EPP & could not be happier. My motor is stock bottom end, mild cam, headers. Have 60lb Motrons, Racetronix in tank & MSD BAP. Installed everything my self, ended up with 7psi, got some tuning help & made a little over 500 HP thru the 6 speed & 4.11 9". Car went 11.11 at 126 with my crappy launch/shifts. Did the TH400 mod & now it's consistant mid-high 10s at 126-128. Don't waste money/time with the ATI ICs, go FMIC.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:25 PM
Staging Lane

Just speak with Bob at EPP, knows his stuff and will take care of you for whatever you need/want. Just be careful of the addiction.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:26 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by E Wagz
Just speak with Bob at EPP, knows his stuff and will take care of you for whatever you need/want. Just be careful of the addiction.
It's a very slippery slope
Old 05-21-2007, 05:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Need we say more?
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...l?category=186

I'm saving for the D-1SC Kit.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

exotic performance
Old 05-22-2007, 12:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

D-1 for sure and as above epp
Old 05-22-2007, 01:00 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get it from Brent (EPP). He has better prices than Bob.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:52 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Smile

Thanks everyone, we appreciate it!

Please keep in mind you may find some places offering the D-1SC kit at a very cheap price, which can be done if you order the ProCharger kit as an P-1SC 6 rib set-up, then upgrade the head unit to the D-1SC. What you would end up with is a 6 rib D-1SC with the smaller 3.5" twin intercoolers.
The ATI ProCharger pn#1GJ204-SCI is how I sell the D-1SC, which means it will come with the 8 rib belt and the larger 4.5" twin intercoolers. Bob
Old 05-22-2007, 10:25 AM
TECH Regular

I'd go with the D1 if I were you....Getting a P1 is kinda like getting a V6 Mustang
Old 05-22-2007, 11:33 AM
Alt
TECH Resident

Now I've been lurking the FI section for a while now and figured with enough of you guys chiming in on this thread the question should be answered quickly. As the starter of the thread seems to have a similar goal. On a stock motor is a D-1 going to pose any problems with its ability to run a higher boost level? What other precautions should be taken into consideration when coming to that borderline level of boost between safe on the LSX and above? If the P-1 will bring ~415rwhp (numbers attained from a beginning post in thread) what will the D-1 put out on a bone stock motor? I am going to browse a little deeper into EPP's site to see if I can answer these questions for myself and try not to look like a fool for not lurking enough before posting.

In summary, difference between the P-1 and D-1. yes the D flows more thats a given but shoot some hp numbers out there. What is a "safe" level of boost to throw at the vehicle and does the D-1 exceed that to the point where the P-1 would be a better choice?

*I hope I haven't hijacked the thread only attempted to furthur the knowledge of myself and the original poster.*
Old 05-22-2007, 11:52 AM
FormerVendor

I got really good deals!!! you just got to meet me @ the back door!!
Old 05-22-2007, 12:07 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime
I'd go with the D1 if I were you....Getting a P1 is kinda like getting any Mustang
Corrected
Old 05-22-2007, 12:27 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98turbls1
If I were you I would go with the D1SC package from Bob at EPP... First of all what are your goals though?? If you want something more and are going to have a forged engine then try the F1 package that they have... I would just look at their website on the right... >>>>>
idk, i heard better things about the P1
Old 05-22-2007, 12:46 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Alt
Now I've been lurking the FI section for a while now and figured with enough of you guys chiming in on this thread the question should be answered quickly. As the starter of the thread seems to have a similar goal. On a stock motor is a D-1 going to pose any problems with its ability to run a higher boost level? What other precautions should be taken into consideration when coming to that borderline level of boost between safe on the LSX and above? If the P-1 will bring ~415rwhp (numbers attained from a beginning post in thread) what will the D-1 put out on a bone stock motor? I am going to browse a little deeper into EPP's site to see if I can answer these questions for myself and try not to look like a fool for not lurking enough before posting.

In summary, difference between the P-1 and D-1. yes the D flows more thats a given but shoot some hp numbers out there. What is a "safe" level of boost to throw at the vehicle and does the D-1 exceed that to the point where the P-1 would be a better choice?

*I hope I haven't hijacked the thread only attempted to furthur the knowledge of myself and the original poster.*

No my friend, no worries about hijacking....you've got good questions, and I'd like to see the answers myself.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Alt

Links to customers rides on ATI's site.
(There is a lot more, i just picked ones that fit what you're asking for.)
http://www.procharger.com/gallery/sh...ket=2&idx=1160
http://www.procharger.com/gallery/sh...ket=2&idx=1654

This might help you guys also. Its a list of questions I sent to Bob and EPP.
Originally Posted by EPP
On stock internals will I be able to run 8psi reliably?
Yes, 8 psi with a good tune is very reliable.

At what point do you need a blow off valve, or don't blowers need one?
Superchargers use bypass valves, and turbos use blow off valves. ATI ProCharger systems come with a Pro-Flow by pass valve. This valve works very well all the way up through 16 psi of boost.

I'm assuming I will need to get some double valve springs and push rods to keep blow by and valve float from happening?
No, generally the stock springs and push rods will be sufficient. I used the stock valvetrain when I installed a D-1SC on my 110,000 mile '99 Z28.

When the time comes can you guys just email me the .bin file for the tune or is it mandatory I send the computer in?
It is mandatory you send us your computer, unless you have EFI Live, the tuning software.

At what RPM does boost start to kick in?
Boost will start to come in around 3000 rpm.

Do you have a dyno sheet for a stock block with the d-1sc or p-1sc?
The closest one I have is for this C6 Corvette, which was bone stock.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.co...tCar.php?car=30
Conclusion: We started out at 323 rwhp on this bone stock C6 Corvette, and we are now at a consistant 470 rwhp. What a gain! 20 more rwhp than what a new C6 Z06 just did on another Mustang Chassis Dyno identical to ours. If this C6 had headers and a free flowing exhaust system, this Corvette would most likely be over 500 rwhp! The nice thing is the gas mileage will still be really good, and this car can still be a daily driver!

Can I get the same kit except with a P-1SC-1, what would the $ difference be?
Yes, the price difference is only $200.00. The P-1SC-1 and the D-1SC both use the same blower housing. The internals of the P-1SC-1 can't make as much boost as the D-1SC. 12 psi is about max with the P-1SC-1, where 16 psi is about max with the D-1SC. If you have a P-1SC-1, you can send it in and have it upgraded into a D-1SC, but it will cost $1,300.00.
For your possible future upgrades, I would go with the D-1SC.

Last but not least, your site shows the P-1SC does 5-7psi and the D-1SC does 8-16psi. Are there pullies for the P-1SC that go up to 16psi?
The P-1SC can go up to 12 psi, but normall;y you can't get anymore than that out of it.

Quick Reply: Going With A Procharger