Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Tuning my turbo..hp tuner guys specifically

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 09:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Tuning my turbo..hp tuner guys specifically

I have jet tuner package old tunercat but got it mostly for my 96z.
I could use it on my 99 ta twin turbo project but it don't seem very turbo friendly.

Lots of you run the hp tuners it seems . Is this thing reasonably user friendly? How is the board support ,do I need a degree in engineering or something to use it. I have quite a bit of tuning knowledge already mostly from tuning my turbo dsms.

I am still wondering why hptuners don't seem to have some features my dsm programs do. My dsm has stutterbox launch features and no lift to shift.
It also has antilag and nitrous control. It can interface with widebands and 3 bar gm sensors. I think hp can do the wideband thing .I have plx 300 so hope that is supported and sure seen it can do 3 bar gm map. Also speed density is supported on hp tuners of course?
It would be nice to have two step in software can't see why it isn't a feature and some nitrous control would be nice as well.

So out of 10 how do you like your hptuners ,especially those of you that are actually tuning your cars yourself. I was thinking to order it asap and start practicing on my car while its still NA.

Quick Reply: Tuning my turbo..hp tuner guys specifically