Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Kenne Bell?

Old 05-25-2007, 05:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Kenne Bell?

Any 98-02 camaros here running a kenne bell super? if so how much was it and where you get it at? Im looking for a way to spend some of the deployment pay that im earning now. what else did you do to your car to complement the KB? Im looking for 500 at the wheels.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:00 AM
TECH Addict

they dont fit f bods without extensive mods....
they fit vettes though....

why not throw the LM Speed Maggie kit on there and call it a 500+ rwhp day...
Old 05-25-2007, 08:03 AM
TECH Veteran

No one to my knowledge has installed a running KB on a Stock bodied 98-02 LS1 F Body. I know about the C5 kits (I would have went that way if I had that option when I had mine). THere was a thread on here some time ago about a KB. Some say it has been done, no one has proved or confirmed it other then hearsay. If you are only looking for 500 you can get that with the Maggie or other F/I setups like Centri blowers or turbo's. I would go KB if you wanted to go bigger, down in that range of power though the Maggie and KB are not too far off in performance below 600 RWHP and one we all know fits . The KB is capable of much higher boost level performance to get you up there around 700 or so. The new MP122HH from Magnacharger may be as well if it could fit. But it may limited to its height as well. Those are hard to come by, and when they can be had we may be trying that out on my car as well But I am not holding my breathe, Ed has ben busting his *** on my car now for a little bit. So I am going from there.

Damon

Last edited by bd mnky; 05-25-2007 at 08:11 AM.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

is the LMS maggie kit a twin screw or a roots type?
Old 05-25-2007, 01:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

so what all would i need to do with the kit on LMS to make the car run reliably? what would I need and what are you all running if you have this kit? Im entirely new to the FI side of the house so please help
Old 05-25-2007, 02:14 PM
TECH Veteran

The kit is pretty much complete. There are a few things you can order to compliment the kit to make it better. The only critical thing I think that is not included is the 90MM TB. I orderd mine from Ed when I was still in Taji, Iraq back in March. You should give Ed a call at LM Speed he will be able to explain it better as to what it comes with or check out his website. I ordered so much that I am not sure what exactly you get lol. Me and Farmdawg went a bit over the edge with the kit.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:35 PM
Launching!

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah we did didn't we? Check the thread I posted up about my build, It will give you an idea about what's in store for you. Mine's almost done now. I added some heads and a cam, put some long tube headers on, and Spohn adjustable suspension components, to compliment the added hp/tq.

Check out the thread:
My 02 SS Magnacharger/h/c/exhaust/suspension build. It's 7 pages long now with more to come.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Wonder how it would fit on my LSx coupe?
Old 05-25-2007, 09:51 PM
TECH Veteran

E-Town huh? Not to far from me and even closer to my dad

Well KB does make a blower to fit the LS1 for rodders they even have a turn kit on one with a LS6 on turnkeyengines.com I think it is. I am sure in time someone will make one fit. They are out for the C5 so they are out there but I think teh intake of teh KB and the height is the challange for it.

Search this Thread