Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Using ls1 edit to tune supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 11:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Using ls1 edit to tune supercharger

I am getting my procharger installed soon and have decided using ls1 edit is probobly better than mail order tuning. How hard is it to learn/use if never seen before? Is it just plug and play or do you need a reference point other than sock settings to get started? I don't want to get everything (supercharger, injectors, etc,) put on and not even be able to get the car started.
Old 04-30-2003, 12:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 49 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Re: Using ls1 edit to tune supercharger

Eastside Performance will do an edit for you that you can change after they due the initial tune on the PC. But edit isnt that hard to use, Im sure there are enough of us that could give you a hand.
Old 04-30-2003, 08:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

If I were you, I'd find a good shop and have it dyno tuned in addition to buying LS1-Edit. By the time you pay for dyno time with a wide band ($100+ per hour), it comes out that you're not saving much money doing it yourself. Plus, personally, I have found that tuning boost is very difficult, and that a good shop will know exactly whaty to do to get it to maximum power.

-Geoff
Old 04-30-2003, 08:06 PM
TECH Regular

I do plan on having it dyno tuned. My problem is that I live in Reno, NV and nobody here is familiar with the program, so I basically I have to learn it on my own along with the shop I use. Is this possible or am I asking for trouble? Is there anything other than the injector info that will need to be adjusted right off the bat in order to get it running and down to the dyno? Thanks for the help.
Old 05-01-2003, 02:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have mine pretty close now, and I knew nothing 6 months ago. That's what this board is for man! Better to have an experienced tuner use YOUR Edit to tune, then you can do your own adjustments. I would NEVER send mine off to get locked with a tune I have my Ltrims close to what I want,and my 02's where I want them till I get it wideband tuned. If the guy knows what he is doing, I will take his advice, and then test it myself. Just gotta be careful about beating on it till you get the fuel mixture down.
Have fun with it Sam

To answer your question, it is not difficult to do little steps at a time, but it is a little intimidating at first. Read and read the edit mailing list and ask lots of questions wherever you can find help. I am a slow learner, and I am doing ok so far.
Old 05-01-2003, 01:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Boostat, if you are up for just a bit of a drive, I used a shop called Force Fed Performance in Yuba City, CA. It is about 35 miles north of Sacramento. I drove 100 miles each way to have them do all my work and LS1Edit tuning, and I know of others that come from out of state.

You can find contact info at the website >> www.forcefedperformance.com (My car is the SOM Formula in the customer section)

Tell Keith I sent you...

Mike M
Old 05-01-2003, 07:35 PM
TECH Regular

I thought about going to Force Fed Performance but then I have the problem of altitude. They're at sea level and I'm at 4500', so wouldn't any tuning they did be wrong once I got home?
Old 05-03-2003, 09:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

That's a damn good question, but I don't have an answer. Give them a call, it couldn't hurt to ask the professionals.

www.forcefedperformance.com (Contact details on the homepage).

Mike M

Quick Reply: Using ls1 edit to tune supercharger