Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

New Sponsor: KY Turbo & Perfomance

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 10:40 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so are you going to continue to do just "one off" kits or will you do a mass-produced kit in limited numbers basically? going to do kits retaining a/c and ps and abs and such or just most race only kits? might know a buddy of mine who wants a t6 flanged snail, but florida requires a/c. good luck with the business!
Old 06-15-2007, 10:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by frcefed98
Just in case,

Josh@KYTP is AKA wickedred here on 'tech...long time member and cool as hell to shoot the **** with.

Support our sponsors guys, even the lil ones.
J

Thanks Jer. Yeah guys I have been around here on the boards a while. I have done a little bit of eveything with the LS1 platform. I found my spot in the turbo world. Everyone feel free to ask for assistance. I will help when ever possible.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:42 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

yea, good luck with that. I have a twin kit from John over at TZ, i know you talk with him every once and a while. Mine are mounted low and i hate the scavenge pump. Even mounting low i am having to pull the radiator forward due to the turbos melting the fans. My next move is to get the turbos up higher so they gravity drain. Am curious to see where yours end up and what all needs to be relocated (all my **** is already moved now, haha)

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 06-15-2007, 10:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Hennytime
so are you going to continue to do just "one off" kits or will you do a mass-produced kit in limited numbers basically? going to do kits retaining a/c and ps and abs and such or just most race only kits? might know a buddy of mine who wants a t6 flanged snail, but florida requires a/c. good luck with the business!

The one off kits are more or less R&R. Such as the twin setup I have going in the shop. I plan to build jigs off of that setup so that I can build it repeatedly. One off setups are somethig I plan to incorparate into the business plan in the future. I really like to be able to build around a customers car, goals, and budget. I have several idea's for setup's that will retain the A/C, PS, and ABS. It just takes time to see them through.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Superman09
yea, good luck with that. I have a twin kit from John over at TZ, i know you talk with him every once and a while. Mine are mounted low and i hate the scavenge pump. Even mounting low i am having to pull the radiator forward due to the turbos melting the fans. My next move is to get the turbos up higher so they gravity drain. Am curious to see where yours end up and what all needs to be relocated (all my **** is already moved now, haha)

Twin setups are a pain to package, but the end result is worth the effort. The initial plan with the car inhouse was to section the radiator much like my car to allow the room for the twins. I am goinf to try to keep from that, but it is a very real option for the setup.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:15 AM
On The Tree

congrats and good luck

PM sent
Old 06-16-2007, 09:06 AM
TECH Regular

Thanks for the kind words guys. Just to give a little info on Josh, he's really a good guy and will shoot the **** on the phone forever. So it will be a challange to pull him off the phone. I look forward to helping you guys out. I use to work at TEA and did sales/customer service from there. There is still LOTS of work to be done with getting everything ready. Be on the lookout for a GP on some products. We will also probably do a special on our turbo kits, not a GP, but just an introductory special of some sort. As soon as we get my number and email up I will post that information for you. We will be looking for a few mules to test some parts on so look for some upcoming specials.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, congrats guys, good luck with your new endeavor.

Shawn
Old 06-16-2007, 11:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

congrats guys, I can not wait to see some of the stuff that you guys put out. And some bad *** cars that you guys have also.....Good luck in your future plans.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:08 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Brian @ KYTP
Thanks for the kind words guys. Just to give a little info on Josh, he's really a good guy and will shoot the **** on the phone forever. So it will be a challange to pull him off the phone. I look forward to helping you guys out. I use to work at TEA and did sales/customer service from there. There is still LOTS of work to be done with getting everything ready. Be on the lookout for a GP on some products. We will also probably do a special on our turbo kits, not a GP, but just an introductory special of some sort. As soon as we get my number and email up I will post that information for you. We will be looking for a few mules to test some parts on so look for some upcoming specials.

Sounds good...You should do a GP selling 25 kits....when do you think you can have them done? Next week? Maybe 10 days?

JK, good luck guys
Old 06-17-2007, 11:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian @ KYTP
Need an ls1 mustang mule.............
Old 06-18-2007, 06:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BLWN1
Need an ls1 mustang mule.............

That could be wicked. I am almost 100% sure the 6.0L manifflods and crossover pipe will pretty much drop in a LS1 fox body.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

The car is in the works, I have truck mani's if you have a spare crossover and a big **** windowsticker you wanna loan out........
Old 06-18-2007, 09:44 AM
10 Second Club

how about a T6 GTO kit.....hehe or twin T4's
Old 06-18-2007, 04:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dbluegoat
That we are looking into. Hopefully I will have some ideas, a R&R GTO from a customer and a new setup to follow. I am working hard on a T4 twin setup for the F-Body right now in the shop.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:52 PM
Staging Lane

Hey Josh congrats on the sponsorship and the shop Looks good. Good luck.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:32 PM
Banned

Thanks bro. How's the Z06 treating ya? Dad shuld have let me put a turbo on it...
Old 06-28-2007, 12:46 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dbluegoat
An S88 GTO would be pimp......hehe
Old 06-28-2007, 02:38 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by DrTurbo
An S88 GTO would be pimp......hehe
yeah but it would be a hell of a feat trying to shoe horn it in somewhere, that and the required 4" or whatever DP......

we have **** for room under the hood
maybe one day I'll have to make a trip to kentucky and be the donor car, but I still dont see how it can be done that and keep ac and stuff
Old 06-28-2007, 02:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

O it can be done and I have been thinking about it for a while.

Single 88MM turbo right behind the 2 nose grills would be insane. You would need 2 single radiators on each side and a bigger intercooler. Can you tell I have been things about it Look on Tim Lynch's mustang you will see what I am talking about.

It can be done I am sure

Quick Reply: New Sponsor: KY Turbo & Perfomance