Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Just fired up my 3.3L Whipple on my C5 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 01:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=rjw]You never answered which car???????

All I can say is that I started this 6 weeks ago and here I am, so far. Not much longer for C5 results (oem bottom end). then the path branches off.

While I assemble and install my forged engine to continue the path to 1000/1000t, better clutch, etc. a 2.3L setup will be looking for a home in an f body or gto or C5/C6...still up in the air.

The wheel that squeeks the loudest will probably get the oil...what more can I say.

Again...what car are we talking about and what are your power goals??????

I thought I answered it by saying my ZO6, not my Camaro. As for power goals, something in the 650-750 rwhp area. For my Vette!!!
Old 08-19-2007, 01:43 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Houdini
Take a pill and calm down, you'll live longer. I was just trying to help you out a bit, I wasn't implying that you were a dullard.

And I'll try to help you again... If you have a question about something, try to post as much details as possible concerning your question, most people cannot read minds (or see into your garage).
Who said I was upset or mad? Thanks for the advice, but your smilie was stupid. Are you interested in this ZO6/VETTE kit? If not, please keep your advice to yourself. If I need your help i'll politely ask you for it. Thanks.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:44 PM
rjw
TECH Apprentice

Location: Tinker till it blows, then back it off a notch, maybe!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by big reg
In my opinion it would be smarter to try and corner a segment of the market with a kit like this. Vette guys have the Dragon kit which you will compete with directly. GTO guys have a new Autorotor based kit soon to be released. F-bods have ummm nothing. I would try cornering a segment and branch out from there to compete with other companies. Just my opinion and most people I know think it means absolutely nothing.
Good advice for sure

I have to sill weigh the facts that my C5 kit is alsmost a done deal, and while my opinion is ocviously biased, if nothing else, people will have more than 1 option, which is good for all end users, in that prices will have to be competative and quality/preformance up to par...there would be no bar by which to measue if only one company (including myself) had the market cornered.

The GTO thing could also be an easier job , with less cowl interference along with the fact that I again have my questions about the few , yet to be released kits for those cars, with respect to performance and price.

I fiigure that if I can come up with a generic one size fits all kit, even if it is a low cost tuner kit, then it could make a lot more people happy in the end.

Let's see what the numbers look like and take it from there.

Thanks AGAIN for your input

rjw
Old 08-19-2007, 02:14 PM
rjw
TECH Apprentice

[QUOTE=BawlsZ28]
Originally Posted by rjw
You never answered which car???????

All I can say is that I started this 6 weeks ago and here I am, so far. Not much longer for C5 results (oem bottom end). then the path branches off.

While I assemble and install my forged engine to continue the path to 1000/1000t, better clutch, etc. a 2.3L setup will be looking for a home in an f body or gto or C5/C6...still up in the air.

The wheel that squeeks the loudest will probably get the oil...what more can I say.

Again...what car are we talking about and what are your power goals??????

I thought I answered it by saying my ZO6, not my Camaro. As for power goals, something in the 650-750 rwhp area. For my Vette!!!
C5 Z06....final stock bottom end numbers probably by Tuesday and from there I'll know where it is going.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I really hope you take on the 3.3L for an Fbody, or just a tuner kit that will use the Fbody accessories (I can do the rest of the fitting, if you look at my car you can see I don't mind cutting). The Whipple kit would work, but it is just too tall for any application besides a sand rail. Good luck and I am looking forward to seeing the results when you really turn it up on the forged engine...
Old 08-19-2007, 02:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Us HEMI guys would be ALL OVER this setup with the SRT8s. The tabletop torque and area under the curve would be great for our heavy cars.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:21 PM
rjw
TECH Apprentice

I put up a little teaser video here

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...02#post7641802
Old 08-19-2007, 11:07 PM
On The Tree

Beautiful work man, keep it up.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
I bet there are some truck guys that would like a 3.3L whipple.
There is one here!!!!
Old 08-20-2007, 10:14 AM
rjw
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by UNDERR8D
There is one here!!!!
Pics????

How does it perform?

Old 08-24-2007, 04:56 PM
12 Second Club

I say forget about the LS1 F-body market and corner the LT1 F-body market

LT1's want 2.2, 2.3, & 3.3 options I would personally like to see what the largest dispacement you could fit under a stock LT1 Ram Air hood ? I'm betting the 2.2,2.3 & 2.4 would fit, but anything larger would be a nightmare to make look OEM.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:04 PM
rjw
TECH Apprentice

Default How about a short ride in Mr. Whipple?

Here is a short video that I shot tonite

In the first part, I go through a toll both and come out at around 1/3 throttle.

In the second part, I accelerate using cruise control only

Then I come out of a toll booth in 3rd at 1600 rpm's....traction control is on and kicks in.

Finally , I accelerate in 2nd to redline....traction control kicks in, the wheels are spinning and the car is squirlly and eventually changes lanes.

http://home.att.net/~my03z/ride1.wmv

Enjoy

rjw
Old 08-28-2007, 12:25 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by rjw
Here is a short video that I shot tonite
definitely need to make these for the camaro ...
Old 08-28-2007, 12:51 AM
rjw
TECH Apprentice

I just found out today that there will be a 2.9Liter option as well.

they should be available in a few months and they are the same height as their 2.3, but longer....could also be a nice match for a 700 rwhp setup on an f body....
Old 08-28-2007, 09:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I might consider the 2.9L, but I would rather use the 3.3L unless it just won't fit. I am planning a 402 or 427 and I think the 3.3L would feed either engine much better, but I guess it does all come down to fitment. Is there any correlation between these Lysholm (Whipple) twin screw sizes and the autorotor (Kenne Bell)? I ask because a member on this forum had a 2.8L Kenne Bell supercharged 402 ci LS2 and was putting down 800 RWHP and 850 RWTQ at about 15 psi. If this is possible with a 2.9L "Whipple" I'd be fine with that size. BTW that whine is AWESOME!!!
Old 08-28-2007, 12:22 PM
rjw
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by GrnDragon
I might consider the 2.9L, but I would rather use the 3.3L unless it just won't fit. I am planning a 402 or 427 and I think the 3.3L would feed either engine much better, but I guess it does all come down to fitment. Is there any correlation between these Lysholm (Whipple) twin screw sizes and the autorotor (Kenne Bell)? I ask because a member on this forum had a 2.8L Kenne Bell supercharged 402 ci LS2 and was putting down 800 RWHP and 850 RWTQ at about 15 psi. If this is possible with a 2.9L "Whipple" I'd be fine with that size. BTW that whine is AWESOME!!!
the kb sounds like Jeff's car? He just dumped the whole show, kb and all.

Time is needed to know the bottom line on the 2.9 whipple. even the kb 2.8 has some funny stuff that isn't talked about too much.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Holy blower whine!!!! Great job!!!
Old 08-28-2007, 01:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah it was Jeff I was referring to. I am very confused why he changed setups, he had such a killer combo, it kind of makes me wonder!?!??!
Old 08-28-2007, 02:07 PM
rjw
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by GrnDragon
Yeah it was Jeff I was referring to. I am very confused why he changed setups, he had such a killer combo, it kind of makes me wonder!?!??!
You would have to ask him personally.

I think that a lot of internet hype surrounds some products and in the real world, things can be very different.

I am basing this on what I have seen personally and from asking the right questions of people who bought various setups. (Not anything to do with Jeff)
Old 08-28-2007, 02:37 PM
On The Tree

so will a 2.6 or 2.8 kb fit on a f-body or what size kb will? and what is twin screwed whipples? I am wanting to supercharge my Z28 but i like the whine in the kb and whipple but kb seems like it screams alot louder? so i am just wondering which would fit with out cutting and which one will fit with a little cutting? thanks

Quick Reply: Just fired up my 3.3L Whipple on my C5 Z06