Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

intake leaks...

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 09:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default intake leaks...

finally got around to pressure testing the system.

i disconnected the piping from the turbo and put the tester there..so it tested that pipe to IC to pipe with BOV up to the TB..manifold.

1. i found leaks at the intake manifold (LS6) where injectors (moto 60's) plug into them. i reseated them but couldnt get all of them to seal completely there were slight leaks. i do not leak any fuel. can i get some clear chaulk and put it around the bottom of the injectors to finish up the seal? or some other clear type hardener?

2. i also found a leak at my TB shaft. dont think there is much i can do about that. its the stock TB that was sent out to be bored and powerder coated the guy that did it was on ls1tech but am not sure if he is still doing them. sort of like where this guys like leak - https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/787856-boost-leak.html

are these considered significant leaks and cause boost psi lost and/or boost psi not attainable due to leaks.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:55 AM
Dumb Ass Vette Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would try new injector o-rings before using chaulk. Removing it later will be a huge PITA. For the throttle body, I would replace it.

Keith
Old 09-27-2007, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yay..thx. just found out whats up with the car
Old 09-27-2007, 02:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

whats that mean?

i had an injector o ring leak and replaced them all and it didnt help, so it sits the same way and i stopped worrying about it
Old 09-27-2007, 04:24 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those little injector and TB shaft leaks dont hurt anything, I had my bypass fall off (long story) and only lost a couple psi out of 15 or so. Thats a 2" diameter hole in the side of a cold side pipe