Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Congrats mightymouse LSX True Street Win, Congrats Mike Brown Overall Win

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 08:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Update your sig Mike. Congrats to both of you!
We can only prove durability of a powerful engine one way, and you are some of our best promoters!!!

Kurt
Originally Posted by TwnTrboCE
Thanks everybody and congrats again to David.

What happened was that I wanted to run LSX Drag Radial and LSX True Street. They said that I couldn't do that...I had to run Index. I didn't like that answer so I went higher up the food chain. They let me run both if I bought two seperate tech cards. So $250 later I was in both classes. Doing it this way I was entered into NMCA True Street. Which meant I couldn't get the $500 for the LSX.
I got the $250 for the NMCA win and the LSX block and Jacket for winning with a LS powered car.

The car worked pefectly and was ready to be the first person to run a 7 in True Street. But the track woudn't take it. For those that don't know...I went 7.92 @ 177 in True Street trim Friday during testing. It went 1.26 60' with factory 17" WS6 wheels on the front.

Kyle, The LSX block will be punched out as far as it can with a big 4.25 crank. The CE needs a heart. The ERL blocks are working to well to put an anchor in the others.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

thanks for the clarification, i know i needed it too.

they were obviously prepared for the situation with two crowns and capes or whatever you call them.

I was quite pleasantly surprised with the whole situation, and im sure you are satisfied getting the block.. maybe you will get in in there in time to let me know if you prefer the lsx or the one that is in the other two cars by the time i'm ready to purchase.

super car again
Old 10-16-2007, 10:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks everybody and congrats again to David.

What happened was that I wanted to run LSX Drag Radial and LSX True Street. They said that I couldn't do that...I had to run Index. I didn't like that answer so I went higher up the food chain. They let me run both if I bought two seperate tech cards. So $250 later I was in both classes. Doing it this way I was entered into NMCA True Street. Which meant I couldn't get the $500 for the LSX.
I got the $250 for the NMCA win and the LSX block and Jacket for winning with a LS powered car.

The car worked pefectly and was ready to be the first person to run a 7 in True Street. But the track woudn't take it. For those that don't know...I went 7.92 @ 177 in True Street trim Friday during testing. It went 1.26 60' with factory 17" WS6 wheels on the front.

Kyle, The LSX block will be punched out as far as it can with a big 4.25 crank. The CE needs a heart. The ERL blocks are working to well to put an anchor in the others.

Thanks for clearing that up Mike. Man i wished i would of been able to make this race. I had quite a few questions i wanted to ask yuou. Esp about the coolant system setup you have now.

Ill be PMing u in the next couple of days..

Thanks again and congrats on another wicked car.

Kyle

Oh on a side note what did Steve break in his car???
Old 10-16-2007, 10:31 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats Dave, Nice job, George
Old 10-16-2007, 10:48 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
here's a vid that got sent to me, this was the second of the 3 passes having to average as close to 10.0 as possible

http://home.comcast.net/~deezuns/MM_...e_Street_2.wmv

So was the class set up so that you were supposed to run as close to possible as a 10.0 average and not be the true fastest "street" car with your averages? Do you think driving straight through the water box with the large front street tires is pulling any water to the line? Most people seem to drive around the water and then back in when they are running wide street tires on the front.

Congrats again to both of you
Old 10-16-2007, 11:06 PM
9 Second Club

My buddies vette was knocking down 9's after the 30 mile cruise The event was awesome! Congrats MM
Old 10-17-2007, 07:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

correct, there was no class between being the absolute fastest person (obviously i couldnt beat mike) and the 10.0 class.. so it would have done me no good to run 3 9.50 passes. i would have left with nothing.

i would say most all in true street drove through the water, they did a great job re prepping the track for the race cars afterward

Originally Posted by 69vette
So was the class set up so that you were supposed to run as close to possible as a 10.0 average and not be the true fastest "street" car with your averages? Do you think driving straight through the water box with the large front street tires is pulling any water to the line? Most people seem to drive around the water and then back in when they are running wide street tires on the front.

Congrats again to both of you
Old 10-17-2007, 07:47 AM
kp
8 Second Club

That was one heck of a trophy..

I was a little confused on how all that was going to work as well Dave, congrats on the win. Shame you didnt get the block though..
Old 10-17-2007, 07:57 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
Thanks for clearing that up Mike. Man i wished i would of been able to make this race. I had quite a few questions i wanted to ask yuou. Esp about the coolant system setup you have now.

Ill be PMing u in the next couple of days..

Thanks again and congrats on another wicked car.

Kyle

Oh on a side note what did Steve break in his car???
Thanks man. We broke the intermediate shaft in the trans. Just one of those parts that we didn't have upgraded when we had Rossler build the trans 3 years ago. She's already back together and just waiting for the converter to come back.

69vette, That may of had something to do with it. I didn't think of that...not used to running a big tire on the front. But I went 1.26 short on Friday. The biggest problem was the bald spots on the line. You had to line up out of the groove. The street tires were just ripping up the rubber.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:50 AM
TECH Resident

Congratulations MM (david) and Mike. let us know how that block works out for ya.

David, your car is sweet. daily driven proven LOL
Old 10-17-2007, 04:08 PM
FormerVendor

69vette, That may of had something to do with it. I didn't think of that...not used to running a big tire on the front. But I went 1.26 short on Friday. The biggest problem was the bald spots on the line. You had to line up out of the groove. The street tires were just ripping up the rubber.

1.26 isn't bad at all! At VMP(our local track) they will normally set a cone in the groove at the lights and make the street tire cars line up out of the groove so they don't tear up all the rubber. It seems like a good idea that other tracks should use.

How does the car feel going that fast on a big front tire Mike?

David: Runing 3 9.50s would have still accomplished something. I bet you would have been happy to finally run 3 passes that fast instead of just randomly running that fast once when everything worked right. Thanks for clearing up the classes. I was confused since i've never seen a "true street" class run on indexs. Its normally whoever runs the fastest.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

ill be at vmp friday trying to close out the season with another new best.. why don't you bring out your sled on the trailor and sit beside me in a grudge?
Old 10-17-2007, 04:36 PM
12 Second Club

ill be at vmp friday trying to close out the season with another new best.. why don't you bring out your sled on the trailor and sit beside me in a grudge?
Oh ****! I'll bring the video camera

Old 10-17-2007, 06:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Dave we will be out there friday and friday night.... we have a track rental in the morning....... If it doesnt rain

Hope to see ya there.

Kyle
Old 10-17-2007, 08:58 PM
TECH Resident

1.26 isn't bad at all! At VMP(our local track) they will normally set a cone in the groove at the lights and make the street tire cars line up out of the groove so they don't tear up all the rubber. It seems like a good idea that other tracks should use.

How does the car feel going that fast on a big front tire Mike?

David: Runing 3 9.50s would have still accomplished something. I bet you would have been happy to finally run 3 passes that fast instead of just randomly running that fast once when everything worked right. Thanks for clearing up the classes. I was confused since i've never seen a "true street" class run on indexs. Its normally whoever runs the fastest.
It would have been nice if they would have done that. Oh well, I still had a blast and was very happy with the way the car performed. I'll be running NMCA True Street next season.
I won't be running the stock front wheels again. It was a little spooky... Just the slightest turn and the car would react fast.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:29 PM
FormerVendor

What??? RPM doesn't go to VMP lol.

Anyways i'm at VT right now and last time I checked you wouldn't run me. If you want to put up enough money to make it worth my drive back i'll come home for the weekend I gave you the oppertunity when we were down at the beach and you wanted to complain about me having larger drag radials and whatever else

I woudn't have too high a hopes for fri nights at VMP. Everyone runs through the water and pulls it to the line and theres generally alot of kids out there that don't know what is going on.. Sat. is generally alot better day if the track doesn't have an event and you want to get in alot of runs.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:30 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
Dave we will be out there friday and friday night.... we have a track rental in the morning....... If it doesnt rain

Hope to see ya there.

Kyle
Yours all back together yet Kyle?
Old 10-18-2007, 07:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

rpm goes to vmp after richmond is closed
I guess we're even then, yea bigger tires, turbo, engine etc.

you coulda raced me at the kumho street wars instead of entering that ricer car show, i ran my 9.5 that night when there was no groove to speak of.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yours all back together yet Kyle?

Nope not yet. Rotating assembly getting balanced now and machining the block.
Im in no hurry now ill wait till spring.

VMP should be good friday if it doesnt rain.... the track rental is right up til TnT so if your there when the track opens you should still have awsome track prep.

Kyle
Old 10-18-2007, 07:37 AM
FormerVendor

rpm goes to vmp after richmond is closed
I guess we're even then, yea bigger tires, turbo, engine etc.

you coulda raced me at the kumho street wars instead of entering that ricer car show, i ran my 9.5 that night when there was no groove to speak of.
Since when is drag racing about being even? If everyone had the same thing then everyone would run similar time. I wouldn't doubt that my cars even heavier then yours since I kept everything in it to street drive it. Iron block,full cage, and the 9" add alot of weight also.

As far as Richmond.... i'll never run anything on that track when VMP is closer and alot nicer. I've told everyone in RPM the same thing when they tried to get me to run out there before. Richmond has too many bumps and they hardly ever take care of the track. I know plenty of people who have run down the track and said Richmond left water on the track even after being told about it at the top end. I don't want to take a chance of wrecking my car like you did just to go to Richmond. The track is very poor in comparison to VMP in my opinion. Everyone has their own opinion though. I know you all like Richmond better since its closer to you and they let you get by w/o having the proper safety things on the car.

Quick Reply: Congrats mightymouse LSX True Street Win, Congrats Mike Brown Overall Win