Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Is anyone runnin KY turbo system or Ohio forced

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 10:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sjones99
Just have heard from others that kit have taken longer than expected to recieve and some have not got anything at all!
Keep this thread on track, Joel has taken care of past issues from what we know and is a sponsor in good standing. If there is any other issues that is for Joel and his customers to take care of.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I have my kit already and recieved it in a very reasonable anount time since I made a few changes in the middle of the kit build. The interenet can be a tough place on shops around here sometimes.

Anyway, Josh it will be hand full for sure. Kurt at W2W is specing out the internals now for me, then off to the machine shop it goes once I get all the goodies.

To the OP, sounds like you can't go wrong with either of your inquiries, just decide what your goals are. I wanted something capable of 1400-1500 HP at some point, so I'm over building a bit for my current goals of 1200 HP (as far as the engine goes), we all know you just keep wanting more anyway . An EWP should fit with either kit, I'm running the Meziere street pump myself.

I'll stick up my own post soon with my build and a bunch of pics of everything.

Good luck on your choice, it took me forever to decide...

Dan

Last edited by DanZ28; 11-06-2007 at 01:08 AM.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I am trying to decide between the two right now, for myself. I am leaning more towards the kytp kit because I dont think that I can afford anything larger than a forged 347, and I believe that the kytp kit is perfect for that. I do however wish that I could keep my a/c, so I am stuck. Come on KYTP please finish your new setup.... I will be a test mule.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:27 AM
TECH Regular

We have a new setup that's coming together shortly besides the one's that we have mentioned before. It's crazy, Josh has plenty of stuff there to keep him busy, but we have big things coming out. The setup I'm referring to will be a low compression, stock style 346 with stock LS6 heads, cam, and intake. This will be for the guys that have a budget in mind. Remember, that setup will be readily available and anyone can purchase those component without waiting. If any of you have questions, contact Josh or myself and we will be glad to help you with your setup.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jbusmc1986
I am trying to decide between the two right now, for myself. I am leaning more towards the kytp kit because I dont think that I can afford anything larger than a forged 347, and I believe that the kytp kit is perfect for that. I do however wish that I could keep my a/c, so I am stuck. Come on KYTP please finish your new setup.... I will be a test mule.
I am woking as fast as I can on a setup that will allw the A/C to saty in tact. I however wont lie. It is going to take a while before it is finished tested and released. I am not gonna throw a new setup out there and hope it fits and works. I do the R&D first.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:00 PM
On The Tree

For what the kit comes with, price, and being able to keep all the factory parts except the radiator and fans which OFI includes, I had to go with them! I have read that OFI takes time in delivering but I have time to get the rest of the car ready. I have seen a lot of turbo companies make outstanding turbo kits. I guess it's all in your preference
Old 11-26-2007, 01:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I made 693 and 743 while spinning on the dyno and only peaked @ 13 psi (15 psi normal) with the OFI kit.

This is a nearly stock cam only LS1 otherwise by the way, nothing exotic.... Car runs and drives great, no problems with the kit what so ever, 3,000 miles on it.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^ Yikes... I hope that you plan on a forged bottom end soon, as that is a bad combo for a mostly stock motor, stock short block + 15 psi= boom.

And Josh like I said before, I would be more than willing to be a test mule for real world testing
Old 11-26-2007, 03:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jbusmc1986
^^ Yikes... I hope that you plan on a forged bottom end soon, as that is a bad combo for a mostly stock motor, stock short block + 15 psi= boom.

And Josh like I said before, I would be more than willing to be a test mule for real world testing
Its "mostly" stock... It does have forged pistons, ARP; rod bolts, head studs, and main studs. Stock rods yet. Contrary to popular belief its been holding together just fine and has survived 15 psi with a lean is mean 12.2 AFR, and 24 * of timing on pump gas + pure meth for 3000 miles. I do drive it around set on kill ALL the time and beat the snot out of it every time the key goes in the ignition. I dont expect it to last forever, this very short block delbt with 15 bottles of a 200 shot last year too.

So stock doesnt always = boom, maybe with enough time and miles and mistakes... sure.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well... when you said that you were cam only, I thought you meant cam only. I feel a lot better about your engine now.

Quick Reply: Is anyone runnin KY turbo system or Ohio forced