Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

gotta ask.............

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 03:36 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bigturboz28
To answer the original question, here is something turbonetics published as a guideline....

http://turboneticsinc.com/downloads/...urboMatrix.pdf
There seems to be a "hole" in that chart, they go from 91 to 101.... I suspect a hybred 98 would work out better in some applications vs a 101mm.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:03 AM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tt427ls1
No, I woundnt open up the DP, but you can put a cutout on there if you would like. I can install one at the time I make the DP if you decide to order one. Depending what your setup will be you will have a change in boost pressure with the cut out open I would imagine.

Thanks Joel
I have a cut-out on my downpipe. Its 4" before the cut-out, and 3" when it is corked. Just spools slower and runs richer when it is closed.

Old 11-29-2007, 11:11 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ninetres
I have a cut-out on my downpipe. Its 4" before the cut-out, and 3" when it is corked. Just spools slower and runs richer when it is closed.

So it spools faster with the cut-out open? But does it yield more power or do just get a faster spool from being open?

Old 11-29-2007, 11:25 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Quickin
So it spools faster with the cut-out open? But does it yield more power or do just get a faster spool from being open?

BOTH. Spools at least 500 rpms faaster, and makes more power (duh). When closed, my exhaust is SUPER restrictive. It bottle necks to 3" as you can see, and has two mufflers.....although both are straight through design. It is SCARY quiet closed. I rarely go WOT with it closed.....more like 3/4 if I am just pleasing myself or teasing another car. Thats all it usually takes anyway :wink:
Old 11-29-2007, 12:35 PM
TECH Veteran

BOTH. Spools at least 500 rpms faaster, and makes more power (duh). When closed, my exhaust is SUPER restrictive. It bottle necks to 3" as you can see, and has two mufflers.....although both are straight through design. It is SCARY quiet closed. I rarely go WOT with it closed.....more like 3/4 if I am just pleasing myself or teasing another car. Thats all it usually takes anyway :wink:
Quiet when closed, thats what I want for sure.

How loud is it when its open? Crazy loud?

Old 11-29-2007, 12:58 PM
9 Second Club

Quiet when closed, thats what I want for sure.

How loud is it when its open? Crazy loud?

Pretty damn loud. The bigger the pipe, the louder it is. Mine is 4. Do keep in mind the turbo muffles the exhaust to some extent to.

You shouldn't be worried about it being "loud" when it is open though. Just close the fugger if you want it quiet. Open it when you are racing and need all out performance for you 2500whp DD w/ ac on a rainy day.

^^^Sorry, had to
Old 11-29-2007, 01:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Pretty damn loud. The bigger the pipe, the louder it is. Mine is 4. Do keep in mind the turbo muffles the exhaust to some extent to.

You shouldn't be worried about it being "loud" when it is open though. Just close the fugger if you want it quiet. Open it when you are racing and need all out performance for you 2500whp DD w/ ac on a rainy day.

^^^Sorry, had to
Well, whatever the OFI kit and an S91 will put down on a 408ci-422ci.....thats what I'll have

Cool, that answers the questions on the whole exhaust thing.

Thanks.

Old 11-29-2007, 04:24 PM
9 Second Club

Well, whatever the OFI kit and an S91 will put down on a 408ci-422ci.....thats what I'll have

Cool, that answers the questions on the whole exhaust thing.

Thanks.

That will be a FUGGIN nasty combo! Now GET-R-DONE!
Old 11-29-2007, 07:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by DrTurbo
OFI wants to use our new FI91X which goes to 100mm and using all new ETT wheels. The S91 will be a good bit smaller though then the FI-X series. Keep your eyes peeled this week, since I think pictures of new 91-100mm FI-X units will be posted.

Hey now. Don't be posting up picsnof my turbo LOL

Kyle
Old 11-29-2007, 10:32 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

Lyle you putting an order in with OFI soon, because a bunch of guys want me to ban you until you order some parts because they are tired of the dreaming threads. Let me know.

ADMIN
Old 11-30-2007, 04:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Lyle you putting an order in with OFI soon, because a bunch of guys want me to ban you until you order some parts because they are tired of the dreaming threads. Let me know.

ADMIN
None of this is aimed at you PSJ....but.....

I say tell them all to go to hell, that I do research until I'm damn good and happy with what I want before I spend $30,000.

And also tell them to stop being so jealous, what the hell do they care if I ask alot of questions. If they don't want to read my threads or posts they can simply not click their damn mouse on the links.

Ban someone until they buy something...thats friggin hilarious. Can't even believe that would be a consideration.

And yes, I spoke with Joel and I'm getting things together for this build. Iron LSX 408ci (built in Lauderdale) with the OFI kit and the S91 turbo, NRE built Hogan intake with 16 fuel injectors and an Electromotive Fuel Managament System, 4L80E, mini-tub and some small suspension mods in addition to what I have already. I plan to send Joel my car and let him install everything, tune it and give it back. Unless another crazy idea comes to mind....will a top fuel sc'ed BB fit in my car? j/k

And these are not dreaming threads, they're threads asking technical questions that will lead me to a decision on whats best for me.

Last edited by Quickin; 11-30-2007 at 06:23 PM.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:18 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

Anyone think I should not ban Quickin until he buys a kit because he's annoying? Speak up ASAP... Ban coming.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:38 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ADMIN
That gave me a good laugh

Thanks
Old 11-30-2007, 10:06 PM
TECH Addict

Old 11-30-2007, 10:42 PM
9 Second Club

LMAO!

the day something is built and makes 1500RWHP on pump gas and has AC you can release him
Old 12-01-2007, 02:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Tiago
LMAO!

the day something is built and makes 1500RWHP on pump gas and has AC you can release him
You need to wake up and smell the coffee. Noone here as ever said they're gonna make 1,500 RWHP on pump gas. If you're in the bunch that thinks so you should get banned because you're a moron.

Follow along with threads or shut the hell up.

Old 12-01-2007, 02:51 AM
TECH Veteran

PSJ, do what the hell you want. Let the jealous ******** on this forum dictate how LS1tech.com and you operate.

Don't expect me to ever come here again with whatever it is I have done, which is exactly what this industry needs......"pushing the envelope". I'll go where people want to hear about crazy set-ups.

And to be honest, the shops building the real deal don't even know this forum exists. My builder here in Lauderdale builds LSx engines that put any sponsor here to shame in the power, price and reliability department. He's been in the same building for over 30 years and thinks the internet and forums are the biggest joke going. I think he's right. He always has no less than 3-4 C5R builds going at any given time and half a dozen badass LSx builds, not to mention his crazy high HP turbo engines for drag cars. You damn well who he is, AirFlo Tech in Lauderdale. He laughs at all the builders in this country. One person he does respect though, Steve D. at RED, thats about it.

If noone pushed any envelopes you'd still be running 11's.

I ask certain questions here so I don'y have to bombard my builder with everyday questions. He's already light years ahead of any sponsor here regarding LSx engines. Turbo questions I look here for little answers to random questions like this thread was started for.

See ya I guess. Who gives a **** anymore, I know what I'm doing.

I'll let you know what I do and when it'll be done but I'm not gonna post about it if I get banned. I know you're influenced by the jealous ******** on this site who can only wish they can have what some of us do.

Last edited by Quickin; 12-01-2007 at 03:11 AM.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:51 AM
10 Second Club

I really took that as a joke from PSJ.

Is your setup going to be pushing the envelope?

And not to add to the drama, but would you name some of the LSx builds that he has done that puts him light years a head of everyone? What kind of power are they doing, more than 2500? are they doing 7's and 6's in the 1/4 or better in a full body car? Never heard of them so just wondering what they were doing? Surprised you don't have them cutom fab a kit for you since they have the best power, price and reliability...
Old 12-01-2007, 03:57 AM
9 Second Club

Anyone think I should not ban Quickin until he buys a kit because he's annoying? Speak up ASAP... Ban coming.
+1 for a ban because I have seen tons of good advice ignored. Okay, maybe I am not a good critic....because I have not followed his threads. But if he has a history of spamming up the FI section with, "2,000whp A/C DD threads".....then by all means, ban away.

Now if he doesn't buy the OFI kit in the next month or so, then ban stick for sure.

EDIT---I just read his last post ~2 above mine. ****, he knows the best LSx engine builder in the universe.....what does he need us or any of the sponsors for. He's got it all figured out!
Old 12-01-2007, 03:58 AM
10 Second Club

ban now

Quick Reply: gotta ask.............