Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

pcv system

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 04:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default pcv system

hey whats up guys for my pcv system im running 10 an lines from the stock valvecovers to a catchcan with breather.
i need to know where i should drill the holes for the 10an the further back i could drill them the better. also is there any other modification i need to do to the stock covers besides plug the old holes?
also do u guys think i should add to the pcv system something that sucks out the gas when the system is under a vacuum?(like a line that connects from the valvecover to the tb with an oil seperator and checkvalve) or is what i have enough.
thanks guys
Old 01-11-2008, 01:18 AM
Staging Lane

bump
need to know this
Old 01-11-2008, 02:39 PM
Dumb Ass Vette Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Use the search Luke..... This topic has been cover numerous times in this section and the external Gen III.

Keith
Old 01-11-2008, 03:30 PM
Staging Lane

i searched but nobody really modifies the stock covers i don't know if there is any special place to drill the holes my in tuition tell me no it doesn't matter but im not sure.
and for the other stuff ur right i shouldn't be asking lol i just wanted to here the answer some reassurance
Old 01-11-2008, 03:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No wonder mods get pissed off and the threads so fast. All you had to do is scroll down to the bottom of this page you posted in. There was a guy with the same concern just the other day and dug this thread up for him, so I guess I should do the same for you. All the info you need is in here. Try not to bug MM too much or he's gonna start sending me hate pm's Just kidding Dave, you are a good sport. If only I could help out as much people as you have

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/517372-my-fi-pcv-crank-vac-system.html
Old 01-11-2008, 04:01 PM
Staging Lane

i have read that thread before but it doesn't mention anything about where to drill the holes into the valve covers i think im just going to drill them where i want
Old 01-11-2008, 05:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

this is going to be my new setup.

tapping both valve covers with -10 lines..to a air filtered catch can..and suction to the air filter side.

u can tap them in the back or front. the shop that works on my car has done this with a vette tapped in with the good stainless hoses but im going cheapie with rubber hoses but mine is mounted below where its not visible to the public.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:04 PM
Staging Lane

so u run suction from the can from the turbo inlet? that seems like a good idea you wouldn't need any checkvalves of anything it seems and u would constantly be pulling a vacuum. i was going to do exactly what u did but not run and suction on the can but i think i will change my setup. one reason i am scared to run suction from the turbo is becuase i don't run any piping from my turbo inlet only a filter and when i race i don't plan on using a filter only a net. is there a simple solution?
Old 01-11-2008, 09:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have the ls6 pcv with a check valve to the intake manifold

its sumthing like this below...

instead of using the valve nipples.
just make it a tapped line -10
add a air filter to the catch can..i think its the big moroso one