Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Ohio Forced inductions

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 02:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zombie
How many of his welds have cracked? A weld does not have to be aestetically pleasing to be a good weld.
Really now. Zombie your talking to someone who is a Ameican Weld Society CWI (Certified Welding Inspector) So please dont try to get into it with me on what is and what is not a good weld. Thanks,
Old 01-22-2008, 02:37 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey mr. welding inspector (just kidding with ya)....they get any pipes in over there for my car? You been by there lately? ....ive been to busy to make it by the shop.

Last edited by 88GT&69ss; 01-22-2008 at 02:38 PM. Reason: cause
Old 01-22-2008, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by crazysquid
Well, after A LONG TIME of reading lol I found a lot of useful info about OFI. Some good and some bad which is exected from all turbo companies at times but I'm curious as to if he screwed you over, why would you order headers from him again as I found in this https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...=842903&page=6 ??

It looks to me as though he makes an awesome kit and I took a chance with his company and so far I'm happy. Only time and installation will tell
Correction I never wanted to order headers from him,. Joel needs to do a little bit more explaining, I asked a simple question of send me all the hot parts to the headers UNWELDED.

I took a 50% loss on the kit I had to basicly give the thing away.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 88GT&69ss
hey mr. welding inspector (just kidding with ya)....they get any pipes in over there for my car? You been by there lately? ....ive been to busy to make it by the shop.
LOL I saw some boxes last time I was up at the shop on Sat. They were working on that promod S10. I might stop by there shortly.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dbluegoat
yeah and then when you get it all fixed it doesn't make power like it should, I am getting ready to dump my **** in the trash and make a truck manifold setup or get someone to redo the driver side header totally. The original customers took it hard for sure.
Simple fix is a new header drivers side header. The major issue with the kit is the hotside charge its 1 1/2 or 2" charge. Its giving you back pressure like a ****.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1INSANEGTO
Really now. Zombie your talking to someone who is a Ameican Weld Society CWI (Certified Welding Inspector) So please dont try to get into it with me on what is and what is not a good weld. Thanks,
and with that attitude I'll give you another certification... asshat.

I wasn't getting into it with you btw, but now I am. How about you offer constructive advice on him how to weld since you are the expert instead of just saying "learn how to weld".

Last edited by Zombie; 01-22-2008 at 03:09 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Zombie
and with that attitude I'll give you another certification... asshat.

I wasn't getting into it with you btw, but now I am. How about you offer constructive advice on him how to weld since you are the expert instead of just saying "learn how to weld".
Point is you dont start a bussiess to learn how to weld or use others money as experiments or test mules. I have tried to help Joel when I told him to use sheilding gas on the ID. Has he done that? Nope.

Much easier for me to get a set of said headers ship them to Thailand and have those ******* mass produce them and quality and fitment is flawless.

Last edited by 1INSANEGTO; 01-22-2008 at 04:11 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:16 PM
Sawzall and Welder Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

+1 on the backpurge. That can be the difference between success and failure as the weld cycles between ambient and 1800'
Old 01-22-2008, 04:34 PM
9 Second Club

Joel was a little late with my kit but gave me a coating discount for compensation so i am satisfied with that. I never received (as I was told by Joel that I would) whatever is needed to run a/c with his radiator....I think it is a custom condenser. That part I am not satisfied about. Apparently more recent customers can use a/c with the kit he supplies so maybe this has been corrected.
The kit has performed well on my car and has not had any cracks in the welds so far. The kit needed a few tweaks here and there but I expected that...nothing major. So I would recommend the kit if the a/c works without hacking the core support like i had to. The kit does make great efficient power.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:44 PM
TECH Regular

oh great, has any one got one of his new kits???
Old 01-23-2008, 11:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the kit, came on time and fits on a mock up engine so far. Will have more info soon on the rest of the fitting when I get the new engine in the car. I was more interested in a race kit, don't want AC, but can still use it if I wanted, that is unless Joel can make me that 5" DP that exits the passenger side. BTW, the turbo barely beat the arrival of my kit from Joel and I am realizing anything turbo related is slow as **** getting to you for the most part.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:50 PM
TECH Regular

got a PM, should only be a matter of weeks

i is overly excited...with some luck ill have the car running with no kinks by may

Last edited by 94m6Z28; 02-23-2008 at 01:48 AM.

Quick Reply: Ohio Forced inductions