Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

What happened to JMs thread on the APS intakes?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008 | 01:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Default What happened to JMs thread on the APS intakes?

I don't see this thread anymore. Don't understand what happened to it. Tried to pm JM but no luck. I am very interested in this topic. If for some reason you are not allowing people to post about it then would like anyone who is involved to pm me directly.
Old 01-19-2008 | 04:27 PM
Teching In

I too would like to know what happened to the thread. It was removed midweek with no explanation. I have yet to install my kit and would like to know of any foreseable problems. If problems have arisen and or valueable info is being withheld, that is BS. It should be made available to APS kit owners.
Old 01-19-2008 | 05:04 PM
On The Tree

I PMed JM and he basically said it was useless because Peter @ APS was not getting back to any of us nor did he chime in the thread

Last edited by nastysupaspt; 01-19-2008 at 05:22 PM.
Old 01-19-2008 | 09:53 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Did he remove it?
Old 01-19-2008 | 10:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I believe i saw Peter post in the thread asking for JM's contact information to send him replacement parts? I doubt Peter or APS would let this slide
Old 01-20-2008 | 06:09 AM
Dumb Ass Vette Moderator

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Did he remove it?
I do not see it in the dead pool. What was the title of it?

Keith
Old 01-20-2008 | 09:30 AM
TECH Resident

It was something like 'EPP or APS can you shed some light on this'
Old 01-20-2008 | 11:47 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by DanDan
I believe i saw Peter post in the thread asking for JM's contact information to send him replacement parts? I doubt Peter or APS would let this slide
that was a different thread where someone had a turbo problem.
This thread was as stated above "EPP or APS can you shed some light on this" and it is gone as far as I can figure, not in my subscription list anymore. I'm sure JM will post up what he finds when he puts the boost on his car anyway.
Old 01-20-2008 | 03:33 PM
9 Second Club

Hey guys Im sorry I didnt get back to everyone. My wife is sick right now and our little one in the oven is not doing to well. All make this short and sweet. Peter and I talked. Peter feels these are isolated cases. I feel ok about that but at the same time I am wanting to use high boost from time to time. I asked what had been done to the APS test car that made 800 + RWHP and I was assured that was made with all OEM equipment in place. After talking to Peter via PM's a high boost inlet duct is being made. Now it will take up to 8 weeks to make these. All of your opinions were noted and here is what I can tell you unless Peter has more to say. Peter is going to make the ducts out of a stronger material with spring reinforcement. These will be a high boost option. Meaning they will not be free. As much as I disliked the fact of that I do agree that from 8 to 12 psi users will be fine. But for the few of us who want to push the limits these will be made. Peter feels that a silicone material will be better suited for what we want and metal ducts will be too hard. I am still exploring DR gas but have not had time to talk to them because of personal issues as I stated earlier. I erased the thread because I felt APS had totally ignored it for 2 days. So it pissed me off and I deleted it. I am glad that APS is going to make us high boost users something. At the same time I dont want to pay for it. But with that being said Id rather have them make us something then totally turn there heads on the high boost users.

JMG
Old 01-20-2008 | 04:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Hope your little one is ok JM. Thanks for getting back to us on this.I don't mind paying a bit for some high boost ones if they do the job. They should be spring reinforced as simply thicker silicone is not likely to do the job. That would still be better than metal as likely fit in there better.
Old 01-20-2008 | 04:17 PM
9 Second Club

Hope your little one is ok!!!
I really cannot believe that APS would not think that any of us turbo guy's would keep the boost low. That's the reason for turbo kit's to make more power at a higher boost!!!
Old 01-20-2008 | 04:24 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

any idea what the price of these ducts will be? Hope all is going well with the family JM and everything works out good for you all!

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 01-20-2008 | 05:12 PM
9 Second Club

good luck on the wife and the little one. turbo stuff seems so insignificant with the wife/baby situation looming
Old 01-20-2008 | 11:03 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Yeah I agree JM take care of the familly first the car isn't going any wheres and besides its a little cold right now at least for us Texans.
Old 01-20-2008 | 11:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
Hey guys Im sorry I didnt get back to everyone. My wife is sick right now and our little one in the oven is not doing to well. All make this short and sweet. Peter and I talked. Peter feels these are isolated cases. I feel ok about that but at the same time I am wanting to use high boost from time to time. I asked what had been done to the APS test car that made 800 + RWHP and I was assured that was made with all OEM equipment in place. After talking to Peter via PM's a high boost inlet duct is being made. Now it will take up to 8 weeks to make these. All of your opinions were noted and here is what I can tell you unless Peter has more to say. Peter is going to make the ducts out of a stronger material with spring reinforcement. These will be a high boost option. Meaning they will not be free. As much as I disliked the fact of that I do agree that from 8 to 12 psi users will be fine. But for the few of us who want to push the limits these will be made. Peter feels that a silicone material will be better suited for what we want and metal ducts will be too hard. I am still exploring DR gas but have not had time to talk to them because of personal issues as I stated earlier. I erased the thread because I felt APS had totally ignored it for 2 days. So it pissed me off and I deleted it. I am glad that APS is going to make us high boost users something. At the same time I dont want to pay for it. But with that being said Id rather have them make us something then totally turn there heads on the high boost users.

JMG

so depending on the price. some one should just make some stainless ones and never have to worry. high boost or not.
Old 01-21-2008 | 05:43 AM
Dumb Ass Vette Moderator

I am glad that APS is going to make us high boost users something. At the same time I dont want to pay for it.
Correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds like you are pushing the kit and it componets beyond what they where intended right? If that is true then why would you not want to pay to replacement parts to will meet your needs? New hoses are not that much compared to the cost of the kit.

Keith
Old 01-21-2008 | 07:38 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ls1290
Correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds like you are pushing the kit and it componets beyond what they where intended right? If that is true then why would you not want to pay to replacement parts to will meet your needs? New hoses are not that much compared to the cost of the kit.

Keith
Just to play devil' advocate here. How is he pusing the kit beyond what it is intended for?? If the Turbo's will push the boost out, the rest of the kit should take it.

That would be like telling someone not to mash the gas pedal to the floor, because the rearend can't take it. Oh wait, nevermind, bad example
Old 01-21-2008 | 02:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ls1290

Keith
the kit is built to take 18psi. well that is what aps(peter) said when they released this thing. i am going to run 18psi with mine. if the kit wont take it. i want the parts that will take it for free.

i paid for a twin kit that will support 18psi. now if the kit wont. then that was false advertisment and fasle sales info.
Old 01-21-2008 | 04:25 PM
FormerVendor

Hey guys Im sorry I didnt get back to everyone. My wife is sick right now and our little one in the oven is not doing to well.
Joe, I hope that all goes for your wife and new baby...............I hope to hear that all is well from you soon.

Peter
Old 01-21-2008 | 09:07 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Big Bird WS6
the kit is built to take 18psi. well that is what aps(peter) said when they released this thing. i am going to run 18psi with mine. if the kit wont take it. i want the parts that will take it for free.

i paid for a twin kit that will support 18psi. now if the kit wont. then that was false advertisment and fasle sales info.

I agree

it better support 18 PSI

hmmm

anyone else see the pink elephant standing in the room

Quick Reply: What happened to JMs thread on the APS intakes?