Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Main girdle

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 11:21 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TwnTrboCE
I agree with the above... I would run pinned stock caps over unpinned billet.
That is what I was kinda thinking I wished I had done, but next time LOL! Actually for the money I spent on the girdle etc... I could have bought the billet mains from Katech and pinned them and would have been about as good as I could get although probably over kill I don't know too many people using the billet mains except some of us street guys. The hard core racers are using the stock main caps mostly so I guess it is like anything else what ever works for you etc...
Old 01-31-2008, 02:22 AM
Launching!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 01ramair500hp
how many of you run these? just wondering at what horsepower you guys think that a girdle will actually help? im doing a 408 with a thumper series. just wondering if this may be helpful in my build.

Hunter
RUN THE GIRDLE I WILL GIVE YOU A DEAL call me ""********* buy from EPP or another sponsor who carried his product""It works and works well, I sold 500 units , to all the big names, and people who buy my patented Girdle know how engine mechanics work. The girdle distributes all the forces across the main caps, and will stabilize your bottom end period.
I am glad I designed and patented this girdle almost 4 years ago in my mechanically engineering class , it easy to install , fit under the stock oil pan with out machining the caps. the girdle blocks windage when combined with the stock windage tray, it scraps oil of the rods. this girdle saved a lot of motors and it costs only $389. what else to you guys want.
Thanks Demetri

Last edited by NA$TY-TA; 02-01-2008 at 06:38 PM.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stage274
RUN THE GIRDLE I WILL GIVE YOU A DEAL call me ""********* order it thru EPP or another site sponsor who carries it"" It works and works well, I sold 500 units , to all the big names, and people who buy my patented Girdle know how engine mechanics work. The girdle distributes all the forces across the main caps, and will stabilize your bottom end period.
I am glad I designed and patented this girdle almost 4 years ago in my mechanically engineering class , it easy to install , fit under the stock oil pan with out machining the caps. the girdle blocks windage when combined with the stock windage tray, it scraps oil of the rods. this girdle saved a lot of motors and it costs only $389. what else to you guys want.
Thanks Demetri
post up some pics here.. thx

Last edited by NA$TY-TA; 02-01-2008 at 06:40 PM.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RUN THE GIRDLE I WILL GIVE YOU A DEAL call me """********order thru EPP or another site slonsor wjo carries this product"" It works and works well, I sold 500 units , to all the big names, and people who buy my patented Girdle know how engine mechanics work. The girdle distributes all the forces across the main caps, and will stabilize your bottom end period.
Thanks Demetri
I have one and it is the cheapest insurance you can buy.

Last edited by NA$TY-TA; 02-01-2008 at 06:41 PM.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:38 AM
11 Second Club

RUN THE GIRDLE I WILL GIVE YOU A DEAL call me ""****** Order thru EPP or another site sponsor who carries his product. Demetri
I ordered one of his girdles last week. Very customer freindly person and from what I understand and can see this girdle is a pretty good bargain. It is my contention that if one is going to spend the money to build a motor what is an extra $500 or so dollars? You tell me a better priced source of insurance and I am all ears. I am not knocking the W2W piece at all as it would appear to be one stout mother but I believe for my application it would be overkill. I would personally like to thank Demetri for taking the time out to speak with me and answer my questions. He was very helpful during the first call even though I didn't buy a thing and wasn't pushy in the least. When I called the second time he was just as helpful. That helped sell me on the product as well. Thanks again.

Jim C.

Last edited by NA$TY-TA; 02-01-2008 at 06:44 PM.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'll probably go ahead and pin the caps since I'm building the motor to take 1000+. The machine shop I'm dealing with has only done a few LS motors, but this will be the 3rd motor they've built for me and they all held up like champs (I'm a little rough on my motors). They normally build old skool Small blocks and big blocks. Any advice on what size dowel, depth of holes, etc.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'm glad this came up.
This was already planned for my new motor and didn't even know it LOL.

Thanks Shawn.

Kyle
Old 01-31-2008, 08:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Demetri

Are you a paying sponsor????
I'm on here from my phone or I'd edit this myself........... Jer?????

Kyle

Last edited by NA$TY-TA; 02-01-2008 at 06:49 PM.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

anyone know of a machine shop in colorado that could do the pinning on my new short block? i've never heard of it before, but you guys have convinced me that i should do it.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

""****Order this thru EPP or another site sponsor who carries it"

Demetri
Hey Demetri !

Its Jeffrey from Toronto. Girdle bolts up great, main studs were perfect. Put down almost 1100rwhp on pump gas with more to come buddy ! Thanks for the great product with fast shipping bro.

Last edited by NA$TY-TA; 02-01-2008 at 06:54 PM.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Don't sneeze....but your account is about to get suspended.

I'm sure you make a roduct though.

Last edited by NA$TY-TA; 02-01-2008 at 06:58 PM.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:56 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mike 01WS6
Don't sneeze....but your account is about to get suspended.

I'm sure you make a good product though.
why is my account going to be suspended ?I am just a normal guy who made a kick *** product, There is a few sponsors like EPP that carry my product ,so call them guys instead me and they will give you the same deal as me.Sorry about leaving my number , but I had to chime in, to let people know the girdle works, I made the girdle for all you turbo and blower guys, at great expense on my part, so if you are to suspend my account , just like in Seinfeld episode,theres no soup for you , then no girdle for you !!!!

Last edited by stage274; 02-01-2008 at 12:37 AM.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:21 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by xLBx
Hey Demetri !

Its Jeffrey from Toronto. Girdle bolts up great, main studs were perfect. Put down almost 1100rwhp on pump gas with more to come buddy ! Thanks for the great product with fast shipping bro.

THAT'S GREAT!!!!, I love to here that, Thanks you for you great post.

Last edited by stage274; 02-01-2008 at 12:31 AM.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:11 AM
10 Second Club

Would a girdle be overkill for an lsx block? The block itself is made to handle huge power so I'm unsure if there would be any reason to use a girdle or if it would be wasted money that could be spent elsewhere.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:19 AM
11 Second Club

...... so if you are to suspend my account , just like in Seinfeld episode,theres no soup for you , then no girdle for you !!!!

Don't do that!!! The girdle ****!!!

Jim C.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:33 AM
Launching!

hey guys you can see the girdle in chevy high performance this month, and it looks good!!!!!!
Old 02-01-2008, 10:42 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by rufretic
Would a girdle be overkill for an lsx block? The block itself is made to handle huge power so I'm unsure if there would be any reason to use a girdle or if it would be wasted money that could be spent elsewhere.
well you can go with billet main caps or you can go with a piece that boxes everything in, blocks windage , scraps the oil off of the rods and The thing with billet main caps , is they are still going to move even when pinned if your making enough power, since the girdle boxes all the mains in, your caps are not moving anywhere or severally limits the movement, because it acts like one giant main cap.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:22 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I can tell you that is doesn't keep the mains from moving. The pinning does stop the mains from walking around. I have your girdle on both of my cars so I know what is working and what is not with them. The mains seem to be moving just like with out the girdle at these power levels, the only advantage I see is the fact that it ties all the mains together and possibly lets the mains flex less. But I don't think it is the fix all for big power. Pinning has its advantages to such as keeping the mains stable under sever HP as some of the BIG names have mentioned in this thread and they are not using it with great results. Not knocking your product cause I have it, but just saying it is not the end all to keeping a LSX motor together making big power. I don't think that the iron blocks such as the 6.0L and the new LSX block are going to need this girdle by any means JMO.

Last edited by Inspector12; 02-01-2008 at 01:30 PM.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:50 PM
Launching!

well yes, I said it will limit the movement , see when all the caps are tied in , you have to consider the whole system together, girdle cap system, and if you pin the caps and use the girdle, it could eliminate the problem all together, you should have a stable block. let face it its pretty good when you can pick up a block from 800-1300 dollars, and put a girdle on it and make over a 1000 horses on a stock aluminum block ,that will hold for years of abuse ,Thats pretty amazing!!!
that was the whole point of the design , to make huge power for the least amount of cost, and the cost being you bad *** engine.
Also I would like to point out, how lucky you guys are to even have the option to run a girdle like this,because of the financial cost I endured to make the ls1 girdle possible, its not easy, but I love racing, its in my soul, some of my mentors are Ken Duttweiler , Joe mondelo ,and kenne bell, They all knew the importance of a stable block to win races.

Last edited by stage274; 02-01-2008 at 02:22 PM.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:58 PM
12 Second Club

just want to say this to everyone,my friends block cracked at the stater from the starter.the whole ear sheared off.my point being if a starter has enough torque and power to crack and break the the aluminum block,dont you think running over 700 rear wheel you might be at risk of twisting the soft aluminum.aluminum is soft metal that gets weaker and weaker over time,it is a race block meant for racing because of its lightweight.for all you skeptics that say you dont need one on a aluminum block when making severe horsepower you are just waiting for something to happen.if you guys did not know this but in the original design of the ls1 engine,gm actually made the same exact girdle for the ls1 in their original blueprint.it is actually in one of my magazines.i will post a pic when i find it.it is the same girdle that dm performance engineered.why do you think that gm originally made one?because they knew their aluminum was weak.why is it that the girdle nestles so nicely on the flat main caps under the skirt and you can still run your oil pan? ill tell you why because it was already pre engineered from gm in their original blueprint.the z06 block was 15% stronger not just because of bigger holes in the webs,their aluminum was weak.gm does not use the same grade of aluminum as donavan or keith black or any kind of pro stock block.thats why a c5r block is ultimate and 6k.Demetri, they ran a pole here on ls1 tech most people here are 16 to 23,they dont even know who joe mondello is.they just started racing and forming their own opinions on what they need.they are still in school and like you said they dont know true mechanics or engineering.Demetri ,speed inc and most places are run by kids.and when your product is being talk about to them it seems they are haters or they know it all.they dont know it was in gm original design.

Quick Reply: Main girdle