Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Foxbody Mustang 5.0 with TTI T61 Turbo ... how fast is this guy?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 10:37 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You're fucked.

Foxes can EASILY go high 10s with 450-500whp. Better race him on the street and boogy all over him. A chase is a race!!!!!!
Old 01-31-2008, 05:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm don't think I'm f**ked. I honestly believe he's f**ked for talking **** on an untuned budget build. Here's what I learned yesterday.

Found out that his very best run with the Magnacharger with 8-9 lbs of boost at 2900 raceweight was only 12.4. No way can he put this f**ker in the 10's or even low 11's on BFG's with him weighing 260-270 lbs on what I also found was on an untuned budget build.

BTW, I also found out he put on a Metco filter and still is blowing oil all over his engine bay ... not a good sign of a ncie turbo build. He hasn't even had it tuned after he did his garage install ... which took him nearly as month. My best guess is he and his bud s are talking a lot of **** and he's bluffing about how fast his car is now with the turbo.

MT's goin' on which will give me at lest a 60' gain od .2 tenths should up my ET by at least .3. Skinnies and PC6800 battery going on should give me another .1-.2. I'm gettin' ready to go hand him his ***. At the VERY least, he'll have his hands full and I'll be all over his ***.

If he does beat me, it won't be by much and I've still got several hundred lbs I can take off, a FAST 90 that's getting ported and the car can still be re-cammed without without fly-cutting. I'll get him on motor and rest assured, I'll be posting the timeslip. That is, if he'll stop saying 'meet at the track Friday night' ... only to not show up.

I know these cars are seeing 10's, but, what I am reading and hearing is it takes a lot of money to get them there. He's not there or even close ... nor will he ever be. I'm goin' after him. But, I don't talk trash like him and his buds. when I beat him, whether it's the first time I run him or the tenth, there will be pics and the wife will be video taping.

Oh yeah, he's a manual tranny, so, he'll have to catch me and I've only raced at a dragstrip 4 times and cuttin' 1.7 consistently on Nitto's.

Last edited by JEB99TA; 01-31-2008 at 05:47 AM. Reason: Add Comment
Old 01-31-2008, 06:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Time to invest in a Ntro dave money maker kit with two 5lb bottles in the doors, under the dash, or a single in the glove box...

100-150RWHP outta embarass him nicely
Old 01-31-2008, 07:18 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JEB99TA
I'm don't think I'm f**ked. I honestly believe he's f**ked for talking **** on an untuned budget build. Here's what I learned yesterday.

Found out that his very best run with the Magnacharger with 8-9 lbs of boost at 2900 raceweight was only 12.4. No way can he put this f**ker in the 10's or even low 11's on BFG's with him weighing 260-270 lbs on what I also found was on an untuned budget build.

BTW, I also found out he put on a Metco filter and still is blowing oil all over his engine bay ... not a good sign of a ncie turbo build. He hasn't even had it tuned after he did his garage install ... which took him nearly as month. My best guess is he and his bud s are talking a lot of **** and he's bluffing about how fast his car is now with the turbo.

MT's goin' on which will give me at lest a 60' gain od .2 tenths should up my ET by at least .3. Skinnies and PC6800 battery going on should give me another .1-.2. I'm gettin' ready to go hand him his ***. At the VERY least, he'll have his hands full and I'll be all over his ***.

If he does beat me, it won't be by much and I've still got several hundred lbs I can take off, a FAST 90 that's getting ported and the car can still be re-cammed without without fly-cutting. I'll get him on motor and rest assured, I'll be posting the timeslip. That is, if he'll stop saying 'meet at the track Friday night' ... only to not show up.

I know these cars are seeing 10's, but, what I am reading and hearing is it takes a lot of money to get them there. He's not there or even close ... nor will he ever be. I'm goin' after him. But, I don't talk trash like him and his buds. when I beat him, whether it's the first time I run him or the tenth, there will be pics and the wife will be video taping.

Oh yeah, he's a manual tranny, so, he'll have to catch me and I've only raced at a dragstrip 4 times and cuttin' 1.7 consistently on Nitto's.
If he had an automatic i think i would be more worried! but with that stick and turbo ...that a pain in the ***...been there done, done that! But as far as these vehicle's being expensive to get into the 10's i suppose it all depends on how you go about getting there. like i said i had a friend who just kept using junkyard 302's and a homemade twin turbo kit and was running 6.20"s in the 1/8th. not sure how long his engines lasted!
Old 01-31-2008, 07:42 AM
11 Second Club

I say call up ole Chris at Nitro Daves and get you an equalizer on the way. Set it at 150-hp, bolt on the slicks and get it on!!! Just try to keep it freindly. Too often folks take this stuff to heart and picking and playing turns into serious attitude.

Jim C.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:56 AM
TECH Addict

It's gotta' be all motor ... just 'cause of all the trash talkin' they've been doin'. I had a 150 NX wet kit on the car, but, took it off because they no longer said 'run whatcha' brung'. The day after I took the kit off and sold it, thye started talkin' sh** again. I don't need nitrous. I have enough cubes over his 5.0 and a good enough engine build to beat him with a little more work on weight reduction.

Being 50 years old and seeing I have lived a very hard life and came through a lot of diversity, I don't let things like this turn bad or cause hard feelings. I just do what I have to do to take care of the problem at hand. If I have to spend a little more money to take him, I will, but, mainly because I want a faster car, not so much because I want to take this one guy down. There will be others. After I get this car in the 10's ... and I will before summer ... then, it doesn't matter much about who talks what game. I always wanted a 10 sec car.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope you are right man, but it just keeps seeming to me like you are letting your emotions in this skew you from the truth that he may indeed have you power wise. Yeah, he is a fat tub of lard, but if his car is only 2900 lbs, then even with him in it he ought to weigh less than you and your car by a good 200-300 lbs after you consider your weight reduction. Even if his turbo is ghetto rigged, I would still say he has more power.

I am predicting that you will get him pretty good off the launch, but he will easily catch back up to you. I can understand if you want to stay N/A to beat this guy, but if you want to be 100% sure you can and will beat him, I think you need more power, and nitrous is just the cheepest fastest way. If you don't want to go that route, I'd definatly look into a more agressive cam and porting that FAST 90/90 just to seal the deal.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Whats the difference, your not putting $$ on it right?

**** i'd let him win, get him nice and confident; offer a wager. Then wham, spray the **** out of him.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:08 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JEB99TA
Being 50 years old and seeing I have lived a very hard life and came through a lot of diversity, I don't let things like this turn bad or cause hard feelings. I just do what I have to do to take care of the problem at hand. If I have to spend a little more money to take him, I will, but, mainly because I want a faster car, not so much because I want to take this one guy down. There will be others. After I get this car in the 10's ... and I will before summer ... then, it doesn't matter much about who talks what game. I always wanted a 10 sec car.
Nicly put, but also
Have fun with it- Talk Some **** Back! Tell him there's a TTi 76mm race kit on ebay right now and the highest bid is only $25. Then tell him he might want to pick it up so he he won't be AS embarassed. I love talking **** back to people like that. Once you push that right button they get so pissed off they can't see straight. Just remember to keep your cool at go time.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:48 PM
TECH Addict

We'll the car's getting re-cammed and FAST90 is getting ported, but, not spending that kind of money until Summer, though it's not really that much. I may just go ahead and have Tony Mamo to ship me aported one and sell the non-ported one ... that way, I'd only be out about $300 or so with shipping.

Right now, the money I have is dedicated to new Greg Welds/skinnies up front and MT Street DR's for the rears and taking off about another 100 lbs elsewhere. Even if the guy beats me, he can't do much more to his car. I have plenty left.

No $$ on the race ... just a show of force. I've started talking a little trash back, but, not playing into their game ... just gonna' go out and give him about as much as he can handle ... hopefully more.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:25 PM
10 Second Club

Jeb you say it won't bother ya cause you're older and more mature but trust me, it'll bring out the mod bug in you BIG TIME if you get beat.

I wouldn't doubt that he's willing to blow up his car to beat you. I wouldn't run him on the street man, just warning ya, drag racing is a pretty big offense if you get caught.

I know it still happens but just thought I'd warn ya as one fellow central fla ex racer to another.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Actually the FL supreme court made it only a speeding/wreckless driving offense, Since the term "racing" is too objective.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:18 PM
11 Second Club

So he wants you to run N/A whle he runs a turbo? What a load of ****. He may have less c.i. BUT he also has a turbo and less weight. As previously stated I would spray the **** out of him. No matter who I race I have a motto and it is - "I ain't askin you for **** and I aint givin you ****". If i win then good on me and if not then maybe next time but at least we ran heads up and all out. Now I have sand bagged before but that is a different logic. No mater what you choose be safe and the best of luck to you.

Jim C.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like he may be able to take you. Join the FI crowd and you wont loose any sleep over it anymore.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:14 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Jimmy P
Sounds like he may be able to take you. Join the FI crowd and you wont loose any sleep over it anymore.
If you check my F-Quick page, you'll see my future mod's include a cog-driven D1SC with 8 rib kit. Won't happen until next year 'cause they jacked my house payment up by $512.00 so it's gonna' take me awhile longer to save the money ... don't wanna' go into credit card debt anymore over the car.

Found out yesterday the guy at work is talking a line of bullshit. Here's what I checked on:

1. Stock seats, interior, wheels, seats, etc. ... no way he's at 2900 lbs.

2. One of his buddies rode with him 2 days ago ... says it does nothing but smoke.

3. Spoke with the 'expert' tuner he claimed tuned his car ... never happened.

4. Back in the Fall when he raced me with the Magnacharger on the car, he was at 14 psi in the rears. I was at around 28 psi spnning through 1st & 2nd ... he still couldn't beta me ... not even out of the hole with me on Nitto's and him on BFG DR's.

5. His car's a hatchback ... not a coupe, so, more weight.

Now, I know why he didn't make it to the track the last couple of time she said he'd 'try to make it out'. He's still talkin' **** and I haven't burst his bubble yet, but, today I'm callin' his hand when he starts talkin' trash in front of his buds.

It's gonna' be a really good day.

Last edited by JEB99TA; 02-01-2008 at 05:20 AM.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:49 AM
TECH Resident

Yeah that's how alot of them are. NOT ALL, but alot!
Old 02-01-2008, 07:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let us know what happens!
Old 02-01-2008, 08:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

then this oughta be a good race. i'd still spray him in future. not to embarass him, he's already going to get embarrased, but to flat out annililhate him
Old 02-01-2008, 09:50 AM
TECH Resident

this is too funny. So childish, yet oh so entertaining.

I really would hook up a 100 shot of nitrous if i were you. Like said above, just to embarrass him. I think u will spank him regardless.

Just call him out already. Have 2 days and places picked out where u can race. I say 2 because u dont want to give him a way to wiggle out. If he says he cant make it friday, u tell him ok well you also can wednesday. When he starts talking trash, tell him to meet you at the track on such and such a day. If he isnt going to meet you, shut up already. Make him feel like a total punk.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:59 PM
TECH Addict

I'm actually kinda' disappointed in a way. I was hoping to at least beat him by competing with him, but, the way it looks I don't even think the guy will break into the 12's until he gets his tune and stuff worked out. Oh well, I told him weather-permitting I'll be at the track anytime he wants to come get some.

I'll be burying my car deeper in the 11's as I progress with tires and weight reduction. I was speaking to Tony Mamo not too long ago about re-camming the car and porting the intake for me, so, that should be good for another 15-20 at least. My American Racing Headers are 1 7/8 pimary tubes ... meaning there won't be any exhaust restrictions.

He can get that Mustkrat tuned or whatever. By the time he does, I'll have the car where I want it ... in the 10's.

Quick Reply: Foxbody Mustang 5.0 with TTI T61 Turbo ... how fast is this guy?