Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Foxbody Mustang 5.0 with TTI T61 Turbo ... how fast is this guy?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 03:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The tell-tale sign that he is full of **** is the "well my buddies with a similar setup run XX.XX @ XXX MPH". Nothing better than a phantom timeslip based on what other cars have run. Sure a turboed fox can certainly run a 9/10/11 second time slip, but if he doesnt have the car set up right then its a moot point and from the sounds of it its a hack job install that has more of a chance of exploding on the track than finishing the 1/4 mile. I say go for it and stomp on him.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:34 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, i own a single turbo fox. with the same heads it looks like he has (200cc iron) and a stock short block, my car runs 10.4's @ 135mph. BUT, parts don't make a fast car, i've seen plenty of slow buckets with lots of shiney parts. Get some good tires and put it to him. He's either got you covered by a mile or you'll whip his *** good. Only the race will tell. speculation won't do it.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:03 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by TS6
I had a mustang with the TTi street kit and a bigger turbo (67 vs 61). It ran high 11's but trapped 124 MPH. The car was stone stock except for the kit, fuel system, and drag radials. It was full weight and a 5 speed. So yeah, he could have a good chance of beating you.
We've been beating the f bodies with our Mustang street systems ever since the f bodies were driven off the show room floor. Thats why we had to come out with LS1 systems!

Nick
Old 02-01-2008, 05:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

talk is talk, doing is doing, until then it's just jibber jabber from both sides!
Old 02-01-2008, 06:24 PM
Banned

I vote sneekin in a 75 dry shot.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:50 PM

his car sounds like a POS...but if his car is an lx his car IS at 2900...thats what the lxs weigh b/c my car gt all goodies at 3150..so his IS light indeed.....he also sounds like an *******
Old 02-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Launching!

Sorry Off topic.....but hey 98Z28MASS....make sure your girl gets rid of that x-type before the warranty is up. No offense... just trying to help you out...probably something you already know..... Just from years of experience.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:22 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by CALL911
If he's talking trash, and telling you a similar setup runs low 11's, chances are that he's running faster than he is telling you. And personally seeing several low 10 second to single digit 1/4 mile times out of single Turbo Fox Bodies, I'd say he's probably trying to pull one over on you, and you'll need more than just slicks to take this guy out.

If you can get some more intel on his car that doesn't come from him like times he is actually running, or actual RWHP numbers, we can better asses your odds, but if I were to make a judgement based off the info you presented to me, I'd be worried if I were in your shoes.
He isn't from Jersey dude. hahahaha That's Jersey Tri State racing right there!

But usually when I hear "My buddy has an identical setup" it means one of two things.

Either he really has a buddy who has that setup or he is the buddy. But 9 times out of 10... it means this dude can shift his *** off but doesn't do well from a dig. Slam that launch and show him how real racing is.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:26 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Turbo Tech
We've been beating the f bodies with our Mustang street systems ever since the f bodies were driven off the show room floor. Thats why we had to come out with LS1 systems!

Nick
By the way... that's ****** funny! hahahahahahahahahahaha
Old 02-02-2008, 08:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

A guy at work who rode in his Mustang says it's smokin' so bad the smoke comes inside the car. Prob because it's blowing oil out the air breather filter. He apparently put on a METCO filter because it was blowing oil bad. It's even blowing out the dipstick.

The oil has saturated the filter to where it's blowing out the filter now. Doubt he's sporting 10's or even 11's with no tuning and blowing that kind of oil ... sounds to me his ringlands might not be setup for the turbo, but, I don't know much about FI at all. That car ran good when he had the old Magnacharger on it, but, it obviously doesn't make the kind of power the T61 turbo can make. I think he should have had some motor work done instead of just pulling the old Magnacharger off and throwing the turbo setup on there.

Maybe with tuning and someone who knows what they are doing the thing will eventually go 10's, but, by that time, so will my car. Just tires with good DA# and track prep I should be around 11.5-11.6 now if I can hook on a 3500-4000 launch. Currently, I can't dead hook at 2000 rpm at our local track. They treat with VP not VHT and I spin if I launch higher rpm-wise.

Weight-wise, mine's coming down ... skinnies/fronts coming ... going from a '01-'02 stock WS6 17" x 9" wheel with Nitto 255/40R/275 down to a 15" x 4" drag wheel and 165?/?/15 tire should give me a benefit of around 40 lbs less rotating mass with better weight distribution, which should be like taking about 200 lbs of dead weight off the car PLUS the advantage of the better weight distribution ... by the time this guy gets his car running right, at least if he still beats me, it sure won't be by much. With his BFG's and manual tranny, he's gonna' still be fightin' like hell to catch me when I cut 1.4's. By then I don't think he can do it, but, I'm not taking chances ... going with lighter battery, 15 lb molded carpet, removing the passenegr seat and replacing the driver with a lightweight Kirkey or plastic Summit seat. That reminds me ... gotta' go get my PC6800 battery today ... this ******** ain't gonna' beat me. he keeps putitng off meeting me at the track ... think he's just stalling for time to get enough money together to have turbo setup tuned.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:05 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JEB99TA
he keeps putitng off meeting me at the track ... think he's just stalling for time
That's I've been thinking too. Trying to get his new setup worked out and won't admit that it's running like ****.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:18 PM
TECH Addict

Spoke with Vernon at Summit Racing today and the 275/40R/17 MT Street Drag Radials are in stock and they have plenty of them. Ordered a pair ... about a $20.00 difference from another vendor, but, to me it's well-worth-it to have them in 2-3 days while the other guy is out of them. Should have them on Wednesday.

Long range forecast is looking damn good for the track next Friday. IF I can gain .2 tenths on my ET over the Nitto's (which should not be a problem), I'll be knocking on the door of 11.5's ... along with the power steering short-belt mod and PC6800 battery ... could be better, who knows?

Thankfully, NOW I can finally stall this bastard above 1800-2000 rpm without spinning the dang tires thru 1st and 2nd.

D
While this dick in the Mustang gets his tune 'down pat' little does he know it just gives me more time to be ready for him. Was looking at the Strange steel front brake kit today ... rotors, drums, calipers, pads, bolts and the entire front brake kit is only 33.5 lbs. That along with 15 x 3.5 skinnies/fronts should bring me on down some more. Hope the car will be lifting the tires when this is done and I believe it will be at that point.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:48 PM
TECH Addict

Well sounds like you've been bitten by the horsepower mod bug
Old 02-02-2008, 07:27 PM
TECH Addict

I'm gonna' teach this f**king ******** that his plan to build a turbo Mustang just to beat me, talk ****, and embarrass me in front of everybody at work was a REALLY bad idea! I don't f**k with ANYBODY, but, I don't take any ****, either. He's goin' down!!!!!
Old 02-02-2008, 09:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JEB99TA
I'm gonna' teach this f**king ******** that his plan to build a turbo Mustang just to beat me, talk ****, and embarrass me in front of everybody at work was a REALLY bad idea! I don't f**k with ANYBODY, but, I don't take any ****, either. He's goin' down!!!!!
Wow man were you that violent in the army? You must have been a drill sergeant LOL, he is a fat piece of **** and drives a stang so take him out Sounds like you are determined, that alone you should have him. Say you guys don't happen to be friends or USE to be for that matter are you?
Old 02-02-2008, 10:34 PM
TECH Addict

HAHAHA!!!! In the Army, I was a professional. In my 2nd career, I'm a professional. In life, I'm laid back and don't mess with anybody until they ask for it. He asked for it ... sorta' friends, but, sorta' not ... more just acquintances and he's always been envious of my car ... my guess is 'cause he drives a shitty lookin' Mustang.

He and his buddies, who are sorta' friends and sorta' not, as well ... they're smartass young guys and they're somewhat afraid if me, so, it makes them feel real big to think they can outdo me at anything. They mean well in a sense. Then again, they'd love to see their Mustang buddy outrun my Trans Am. They're a little envious and would love nothing more than to see me get beat by their bud on his budget build.

I won't let that happen. I'll be 50 next month and I guess I just need to beat these people who would love to embarrass me. When I do (and I WILL), they'll never hear the end of it. The three of them have talked SOOOOOOOOOOOO much ****. When I put the NX 150 wet kit on my car, they shut up quick. I took it off the car and they immediately started talking **** again.

They're all Ford guys, so, that is mostly what it is. That's why I'm gonna' take that Mustang on nothing BUT motor.

Quick Reply: Foxbody Mustang 5.0 with TTI T61 Turbo ... how fast is this guy?