Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharger question - space it takes up?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 12:55 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Procharger question - space it takes up?

I'm looking at getting a p1 or d1 procharger in the future. I'm thinking of going the f-body low mount style. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how far it sticks out with the "hat" on it? I've read somewhere that it's a good 8-10 inches in front of the alternator, is that correct? Also, how far "out" does it stick to the drivers side? I may have to modify the frame rails a bit to make it fit but i need to know how much space it takes up to see if it's even doable.

I saw the gto kit but that car didn't have power steering which i would like to keep.

**edit**

This is for an ls1 rx7
Old 02-01-2008, 01:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

The GTO ProCharger kit bolts right on with the intercooler just fine.You need to contact Bob at Exotic Performance Plus.com. They installed mine several years ago and it has worked out great.He can also show you some pictures of the install.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:24 PM
Launching!

I know that it works, I mentioned that already. I would like to retain my power steering the way it is. Are you steve? The hockey license plate guy?
Old 02-01-2008, 11:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there is no major items that you have to relocate...
Old 02-02-2008, 01:19 AM
Launching!

I wasn't referring to relocating things with the f-body mount. The gto kit looks like it bypasses the power steering...at least for the f-body setup. I'm more concerned aobut the space it takes up to see if i can squeze it in there...i think it's doable.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:43 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

The GTO kits fits the 2nd gen RX7 without too many hassles. I don't see the power steering being a problem, check out the pics at the link here. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=46
This is an 05 GTO with the ProCharger kit installed. Bob
Old 02-02-2008, 08:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MDoe8
I know that it works, I mentioned that already. I would like to retain my power steering the way it is. Are you steve? The hockey license plate guy?
Yes,that is correct.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:50 PM
Launching!

So i would have to install the gto p/s kit? I'm assuming that's it right by the procharger, with a remote resevoir? I guess I'm just a little confused on what I would have to do to retain the p/s. I'm assuming I would have to ditch the f-body style pump then?

**edit**

I suppose I do have another question then. My buddy is selling his foxbody d1sc kit CHEAP to me if i want it, I was wondering if this is the right style blower for me to use with the gto kit? I understand i would need the bracketry and dampener and piping, etc....but the price is a "friend discount" price that is hard to pass up. Could I use this kit as a base kit and buld off of it?

Last edited by MDoe8; 02-02-2008 at 01:11 PM.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

You need to contact Bob at Exotic performance plus.com to find out if that combination will work on the rx7.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:05 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

So i would have to install the gto p/s kit? I'm assuming that's it right by the procharger, with a remote resevoir? I guess I'm just a little confused on what I would have to do to retain the p/s. I'm assuming I would have to ditch the f-body style pump then?

**edit**

I suppose I do have another question then. My buddy is selling his foxbody d1sc kit CHEAP to me if i want it, I was wondering if this is the right style blower for me to use with the gto kit? I understand i would need the bracketry and dampener and piping, etc....but the price is a "friend discount" price that is hard to pass up. Could I use this kit as a base kit and buld off of it?
Here is the clocking guide on what fits from one model to another.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...html?item=1227 Bob
Old 02-03-2008, 04:54 AM
Launching!

Thanks! That's exactly what i was looking for! Answered my question pretty much perfectly as far as interchanging blowers.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:43 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Thanks! That's exactly what i was looking for! Answered my question pretty much perfectly as far as interchanging blowers.
Not a problem, you're welcome. Bob

Quick Reply: Procharger question - space it takes up?