Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

F.A.S.T.questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2003, 05:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default F.A.S.T.questions

Who all here is using the FAST system. I kind of on the edge here. I don't know if I want to go with the Bank to Bank or the Sequential. I talk to Cartek and they recomened to just use the Bank to Bank with there crank-trigger conveter and have the stocker do the timming. Anybody running FAST on their car and do they use the car as a daily driver? Does the car stay streetable, and to anybody using the bank to bank...what kind of gas mileage do you get?

Thanks
Gary
Old 07-26-2003, 05:40 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: F.A.S.T.questions

You must don't browse the threads much.

Scott WS6 is the only forum member that posts about it that I know is currently using F.A.S.T. in practice.
Old 07-26-2003, 05:41 PM
SSU Moderator

read the post about the big turbo motors. Brady and the others use bank2bank. apparently theres no real need for sequential. get the wbo2 though. fast makes an edist for your 8 coils, but I don't know now the pcm gets the cam signal...not that technical. call sean at MMT. he had fast on his LS1.
Old 07-26-2003, 07:04 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

about gas mileage..

I went on the power tour this year and got 19-20mpg!! (3000 miles in 10 days) I was ecstatic. That's with a TH400, 3.50 gears and 30" tires..

As Ryan said, it's bank/bank. It starts and idles fine with 83# injectors. On board wideband O2 sensor is invaluable..
Old 07-26-2003, 09:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hooked on phonics worked for me

Thanks guys, big help in making my decision. I was worried that bank to bank would eat gas like crazy. I want the car to make crazy power on demand but still be able to be driven on a 500 mile road trip. I'll probably go with the bank to bank do to financial reasons. When I was talking to the cartek guys they told me it's a real headache to set up the sequential because of the cam position sensor.

Gary

Old 07-26-2003, 11:46 PM
TECH Addict

Another vote for the bank to bank setup - it's not that bad to setup the sequential if you have access to an oscilloscope, but it is not really worth it either. Emissions is the big reason to do sequential (HC), the other benefits are very small.
Old 07-27-2003, 01:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 49 Likes on 18 Posts

I run bank to bank and the system is very streetable. Like BRady said it makes for easy tuning and the car runs great with #83 injectors...
Old 07-28-2003, 07:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

dont get yourself confused between bank-to-bank and batch...LARGE difference
Old 07-29-2003, 02:21 AM
Banned

Hooked on phonics worked for me

When I was talking to the cartek guys they told me it's a real headache to set up the sequential because of the cam position sensor.

Gary

Gary, it's not difficult to set up a sequential box, but our converter box is not synchronized with the cam so it can't be done with our converter box. You can run a sequential box with it, but the benefits of a sequential would be null since it's not synchronized to the timing event of any one cylinder. The only benefit of the sequential in this case would be for the sake of maintaining better fuel rail pressure stability and not firing all the injectors simultaneously like on a batch fire system. Bank to bank systems address this problem and are almost as good as sequential units handling this fuel instability problem with out the extra complexity and expense of a sequential.

How many of you would be interested in a synchronized version of my crank trigger box to use with eDIST?

Julio

Quick Reply: F.A.S.T.questions