Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

EBAY Front mount guys in here ...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 12:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just noticed you're in NC. If you live close to Charlotte I'm about 15 min from there. Feel free to stop in and check it out.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

im about 3 hrs from Charlotte .. closer to Raleigh.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

more picS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone have pics of the mounts on the just intercoolers, looks liek there is no mounts.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:01 PM
11 Second Club

I'm not sure what you're asking? That intercooler is from CX Racing, which I believe is the same as Just-Intercoolers. There are two "bungs" welded on top and bottom of the IC that you can mount brackets to, and they supply I think two more in the box if you need to weld them on somewhere else.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DuronClocker
I'm not sure what you're asking? That intercooler is from CX Racing, which I believe is the same as Just-Intercoolers. There are two "bungs" welded on top and bottom of the IC that you can mount brackets to, and they supply I think two more in the box if you need to weld them on somewhere else.
that is true, mine came from cx racing as well.. but do yourself a favor, throw away the flimsy little brackets they send with it
Old 04-06-2008, 09:57 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah they are junk, I'll be using some boxed steel tubing mounted to where the bumper support was bolted up.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah they are junk, I'll be using some boxed steel tubing mounted to where the bumper support was bolted up.
I also got 1" boxed steel from the local lowes but I dont know how im going to mount yet .. I would like to keep my bumper support I just saw the pics you posted earlier .. oops .. but that looks good how tall is your intercooler im afriad if I mount mine that high it will show the bottom through the now open grill. But it does look good on that car you posted pics of.

Last edited by Super Slow SS; 04-07-2008 at 11:17 AM.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

this is good... I like how he kept the bumper support.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:27 PM
11 Second Club

The intercooler is actually centered well, just the angle of the pic throws it off. The middle part of the bumper cover will be getting cut out except for a 1" wide section in the middle going up and down to hold the bottom lip up. Then the grill will be like the pics I posted in the last post but with black mesh instead of silver.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

[IMG]

The intercooler is actually centered well, just the angle of the pic throws it off. The middle part of the bumper cover will be getting cut out except for a 1" wide section in the middle going up and down to hold the bottom lip up. Then the grill will be like the pics I posted in the last post but with black mesh instead of silver.
So do you have the bumper support and the styrofoam still in there or no? But it looks great by the way and I think im going to go the same route you are.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:01 AM
11 Second Club

No bumper support. The foam is not in there yet, Need to get the heads back and bolt the motor together and put it back in this weekend. Then I'll have to cut the intercooler piping up and fit it together..then I'll worry about trying to cut the foam to fit in there still.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I got inspired by the pics of the black car and took a page from his book on cutting the bumper and grill. Here are my progress pics as of today .. Pipes are ran and bumper is clearanced.

Taping off the bumper:

Taping off the Grill:

The new location of the intercooler mounting sans bumper support:

how the pipes are ran for reference:

and a close up:

How it comes through the top to the TB:

Finished Product:

Let the feedback begin
Old 04-11-2008, 10:55 AM
TECH Resident

Lookin good. I had to convert to a pusher fan so coming up infront of the radiator wasn't an option. I actually had to reposition the horns and came in right under that framerail.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by deadmanTA
Lookin good. I had to convert to a pusher fan so coming up infront of the radiator wasn't an option. I actually had to reposition the horns and came in right under that framerail.
I looked at doing that but I thought if I cam up in front of the pullies I would want to do a the virtical radiator and I just dont want to spend the money or the time right now. I got the couplers today for the MAF and intake but I think I got the wrong size v-band hardware for the downpipe =[
Old 04-11-2008, 11:40 AM
TECH Resident

I just got those exact same parts last week. TB coupler and couplers to put the maf in. Thats all I had left to do for the IC pipe. Now just waiting on the fuel pump to get here from EPP and the 3 1/2" T-bolts and braided stainless hose kit from summit (I want to get these over the radiator hoses before I slide the radiator back in).

I looked at doing that but I thought if I cam up in front of the pullies I would want to do a the virtical radiator and I just dont want to spend the money or the time right now.
My turbo sits right infront of the crank pully so I had to get rid of the stock fans and get the pusher, but I was able to keep the radiator in the stock location.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

[QUOTE=deadmanTA;9131782]...and the 3 1/2" T-bolts and braided stainless hose kit from summit (I want to get these over the radiator hoses before I slide the radiator back in).
QUOTE]

thats funny I guess we got parts from the same place cus I have to get 3.5" t-bolt clamps as well cus the place I ordered from was sold out. I am still in search of my 3.5" bolts though .. think i'll just pick them up local.

Ohh are you going 2.5 to 3.5" from the intercooler piping to the TB? I am a little worried about that transition.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:05 PM
TECH Resident

I was going to get them from silicone inakes($2.60 each) when I ordered the couplers, but the were out of stock til the 15th so I just got'em from summit($5 each, 3.4xx-3.820 is the 3.5 through them) .

I have 3" IC pipe. The stock TB is 4" so I have 3" to 4" there and 3" to 3.5" for the maf.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

are you guys letting the IC dangle from the plastic bumper support???
Old 06-03-2008, 05:12 PM
TECH Resident

Originally posted by: presto_z
are you guys letting the IC dangle from the plastic bumper support???
Mine is on the metat brace that connects the right and the left framerails together. (The styrofoam piece sits right in front of it.)
Old 06-03-2008, 07:44 PM
On The Tree

here you go . https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...t=#post9220475

Quick Reply: EBAY Front mount guys in here ...