Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

12 rib pulley for my ATI damper for procharger F2 set-up

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 02:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12 rib pulley for my ATI damper for procharger F2 set-up

Anyone know where I can get a 12 rib pulley that will fit on my ATI damper part #917264, like the 8 rib would normally fit? Also need a tensioner pulley to go on the j-bracket wide enough to fit the 12 rib belt. I'm having a hard time finding them. My blower already has the 12 rib. I'm converting the 8 rib system to a 12 rib, and yes I know I need to realign the whole set-up to make it work. Let me know if you have any idea where to find this 12 rib stuff.
TIA
Old 04-23-2008, 04:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have some 12 rib stuff from a LT1 that I am not using.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:47 PM
FormerVendor

Asp makes custom crank pulleys , i believe it was around $400. Use a tensioner pulley from a lt1 swing arm. Also, the shortest belt in 12rib is around a 400 so beware. You might want asp to make the new crank pulley bigger. We were able to make it 8.65in (+1in), due to the water pump.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:54 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99.9percenter
I have some 12 rib stuff from a LT1 that I am not using.
Will it fit on my ati damper/crank pulley?
Old 04-23-2008, 05:00 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jake@EPP
Asp makes custom crank pulleys , i believe it was around $400. Use a tensioner pulley from a lt1 swing arm. Also, the shortest belt in 12rib is around a 400 so beware. You might want asp to make the new crank pulley bigger. We were able to make it 8.65in (+1in), due to the water pump.
I'm not looking for a whole new crank pulley, just the pulley that bolts on to the ati crank pulley. I have deleted all other pulleys except crank, alt, blower and blower tension pulley. One belt will be stock width that goes around the ati crank pulley and the alt. The other belt will go around the pulley that bolts to the ati crank pulley and the blower pulley. Then the pulley that attatches to the bracket will be used to add tension to the blower belt, just like the normal 8 rib set-up. This will be on a ls1/lsx not a lt1.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:06 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by rufretic
I'm not looking for a whole new crank pulley, just the pulley that bolts on to the ati crank pulley. I have deleted all other pulleys except crank, alt, blower and blower tension pulley. One belt will be stock width that goes around the ati crank pulley and the alt. The other belt will go around the pulley that bolts to the ati crank pulley and the blower pulley. Then the pulley that attatches to the bracket will be used to add tension to the blower belt, just like the normal 8 rib set-up. This will be on a ls1/lsx not a lt1.
Thats that im refering to, you will need a custom bolt in pulley so it can bolt onto the ATI balancer.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:11 PM
10 Second Club

You mean to tell me they want $400 for just the part that bolts on to the pulley, what a rip. I have the 8 rib one that came with the kit and the whole kit wasn't much more than that.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:18 PM
FormerVendor

You mean to tell me they want $400 for just the part that bolts on to the pulley, what a rip. I have the 8 rib one that came with the kit and the whole kit wasn't much more than that.
They don't sell it, it is made to order. Try finding a machinist that is worth something that includes anodizing for less, it is hard to find for a single pulley.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:19 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since its a custom made piece thats what it costs.

The ATI damper can use regular SBC pulleys so take the LTI guy up on his offer
Old 04-23-2008, 05:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have two of these one new and one used -Take a pick
-Tim
Old 04-23-2008, 05:34 PM
10 Second Club

They don't sell it, it is made to order. Try finding a machinist that is worth something that includes anodizing for less, it is hard to find for a single pulley.
That makes sence that it costs that much if they are custom building it. Why the heck would procharger not offer them when they have blowers that come with the 12 rib pulley?
Old 04-23-2008, 05:40 PM
FormerVendor

That makes sence that it costs that much if they are custom building it. Why the heck would procharger not offer them when they have blowers that come with the 12 rib pulley?
You know how close a ATI inlet hat is to there fan shroud? Try spacing that 4 more ribs out. Without AC delete or pusher fans it is not possible. For the bigger blowers it pushes the blower further out anyways, along with a new inlet hat/duct it is not in best interest of ATI financially.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:56 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah I guess not everyone want's to design a whole custom set-up like me lol. My radiator will be relocated like the front turbo guys, lot's of cutting and I still will be tight getting a short radious 4.5" 90 on this fat *** F2.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:06 PM
FormerVendor

A f2 will need a custom bracket and that deal, but im sure you have already planned this.

For what its worth, i would try to fit a cog setup in there, no belt slip period. Try to find i think it is a 50ish mm wide belt due to them having kevlar in them, im not up to date on cog stuff.

You might even consider a dang gear drive unit to save all hassles, superchargerstore built ours for the f3r131 blower, ls1 bolt in.

Obviously at this point, with a large blower nothing is going to be cheap, and dont expect it to.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:31 PM
10 Second Club

A f2 will need a custom bracket and that deal, but im sure you have already planned this.

For what its worth, i would try to fit a cog setup in there, no belt slip period. Try to find i think it is a 50ish mm wide belt due to them having kevlar in them, im not up to date on cog stuff.

You might even consider a dang gear drive unit to save all hassles, superchargerstore built ours for the f3r131 blower, ls1 bolt in.

Obviously at this point, with a large blower nothing is going to be cheap, and dont expect it to.
Why do I need a custom bracket? It fit's on the 8 rib bracket as far as I can tell, I bolted it on with no problems, I havn't bolted it to the engine yet though. Is there any thing in perticular you know about why it won't work?
Old 04-23-2008, 07:42 PM
FormerVendor

Why do I need a custom bracket? It fit's on the 8 rib bracket as far as I can tell, I bolted it on with no problems, I havn't bolted it to the engine yet though. Is there any thing in perticular you know about why it won't work?
As far as i knew, the f2 does not share all the same bolt holes, things might have changed but im not sure.

The F2 is pretty dang large to be running on a street car, if you haven't you will have to step up the bov for sure.

You still running the 4l60
Old 04-23-2008, 08:06 PM
10 Second Club

As far as i knew, the f2 does not share all the same bolt holes, things might have changed but im not sure.

The F2 is pretty dang large to be running on a street car, if you haven't you will have to step up the bov for sure.

You still running the 4l60
Yeah, that's weird, it bolt's on just like my D1 did. Lol, yeah, it's big alright but my car can barely be considered a street car anymore, although I will drive it on the street It sure isn't my DD though. I'm going to use the Procharger race by-pass, it sounds wicked from the clips I've heard. My car never had the kit from procharger, I parted it all together when I got the D1. Fuel system good to 950rwhp(I may have to upgrade now), huge front mount, vortech race bypass and some other stuff. It did pretty good, 682rwhp but it was too much for the stock block. I sold off the kit I put together and started from scratch. Now it will get a LSX 402, 255 ETP heads, Beck intake, even bigger fmic and larger 3.5" pipe, QTP 1 7/8" headers with true duals dumped with no cats or mufflers, a ton of weight reduction, strange spooled 12 bolt, 28" QTPs and full susspension. It will also be getting a TH400 built to handle just about anything with a nice torque converter. I'm about half way there right now, all engine parts are purchased. Just needs assembly and the tranny. I'm getting pretty excited.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:59 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Although the F2 will bolt to ATI's standard bracket, I would not recommend it as the bracket should be made stronger for the added loads of the F2. Also, I would also take Jake's advise on the cog setup. Even in the best setups a 12 rib on an F2 will slip, and the LS1 F-body setup is FAR from perfect. If you plan on making more than 1000 FLYWHEEL horsepower, you WILL want a cog setup. It would be A LOT less headache in the long run... trust me!
Old 04-23-2008, 09:24 PM
FormerVendor

Yeah, that's weird, it bolt's on just like my D1 did. Lol, yeah, it's big alright but my car can barely be considered a street car anymore, although I will drive it on the street It sure isn't my DD though. I'm going to use the Procharger race by-pass, it sounds wicked from the clips I've heard. My car never had the kit from procharger, I parted it all together when I got the D1. Fuel system good to 950rwhp(I may have to upgrade now), huge front mount, vortech race bypass and some other stuff. It did pretty good, 682rwhp but it was too much for the stock block. I sold off the kit I put together and started from scratch. Now it will get a LSX 402, 255 ETP heads, Beck intake, even bigger fmic and larger 3.5" pipe, QTP 1 7/8" headers with true duals dumped with no cats or mufflers, a ton of weight reduction, strange spooled 12 bolt, 28" QTPs and full susspension. It will also be getting a TH400 built to handle just about anything with a nice torque converter. I'm about half way there right now, all engine parts are purchased. Just needs assembly and the tranny. I'm getting pretty excited.
Sounds pretty stout, just remember the good gas

Im not so sure about the 12bolt with 900+ hp. A f2 will flow enough for a ton of hp, but launching a 12b hard might have some issues.

If your running twin walbros it might not be enough depending on how much hp.

The cog deal is the ticket to go with, also i would consider looking for a steel bracket instead of the aluminum version. I would also consider looking into how big of belt you need width wise as far as when you can start using the kevlar belts, i think its somewhere around 50mm wide. Also, for good measures, get the thing double keyway'd.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:16 PM
TECH Resident

How much is the gear drive? PM me if you want

Quick Reply: 12 rib pulley for my ATI damper for procharger F2 set-up