Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Check your Blow Off Valve TODAY! Pics inside...

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 11:42 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nah - we prefer the Turbosmart Race Port to the Procharger one.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:51 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Is the 67 turbo a hybrid or a normal T4 setup? If it's a hybrid it could be due to it running a smaller shaft and instability at high shaft speed. Do you run an oil restrictor? Do you run into compressor surge while spooling the turbo at all (watch your boost gage, does it flutter during spoolup?) Not uncommon with big turbos on tiny engines. I believe sustaining comp surge while spooling is harder on things than a throttle snapping closed. As mentioned the turbo could have just been defective.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:31 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SS4Matt
i would say you are correct it was in adequate blow off valve. factory cars sometimes don't have BOV's. but that is why some turbos have the volute with the slits on it on the compressor side, it's for the surge....a friend of mine has a turbo hatch back stang. 347 R block with an ST80, and it used to have a little bosch plastic POS BOV. when the car was making around 700rwhp (mustang dyno) ~ 20'ish #s when you would snap the throttle shut you could hear the turbo shutter because the BOV was inadequate. was it bad, yes...would it live, not long....

oh and about the GN's...GN guys are not right in the head and those buzz'n half dozen don't live long anyways, i know a few of those weird-O's

There are plenty of turbo buicks running large turbos with no BOV, it will not hurt the turbo enough to matter.
Old 05-10-2008, 01:50 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so how do u tell if u have an ADJ. blow off? and flutter at an idle do u mean car is just sitting there idling on its own and the BOV should be flutter? or under short low revs?

Quick Reply: Check your Blow Off Valve TODAY! Pics inside...