Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 07:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lt1 radiator from radiator barn 139 shipped
Old 07-30-2008, 01:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

$137 shipped from Radiator Avenue; ordered it today! Beware, I ordered one from Radiator Express last week. It was advertised as a 1.38" core but was the .93" core for the LS1.

My only issue is how I am going to plug the trans cooler.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get a Becool or Ron Davis and be done with it.

Overheating is no fun and with the APS in there

why risk toasting your motor.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

I am interested in this as well.

I do not have a APS kit, but do have a front mount turbo. My car gets hot with the AC on in city driving only. On the highway it is just fine. I wonder if I should try cleaning it really good. I have a lot of air in front and behind the radiator, and the only thing in front of it is a tranny cooler. If that does not work, I might try the LT1 radiator.

Keep us posted
Old 07-30-2008, 03:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pinky93
Be Cool or Griffin are excellent aftermarket radiators and dissipate heat better than the stockers.....
What thermostat are you running? Did you check it? It could be stuck.
DO NOT BUY FROM BE COOL!!!I REPEAT!!DO NOT BUY FROM BE COOL!!LOL!!They sold me a wrong rad ((in the right box some months back ))and what I found out later,it was an LT1manual rad that somehow got put into a LS1 auto box was ,The Be Cool LTI manual radiator uses the same size ports as the tranny lines do!!these ports on a LT1 manual rad uses these ports to send coolant back to the oil cooler. By installing there packaged wronge rad, and not knowing they sent me the wrong rad, it sent coolant/tranny fluid mix ,all threw my coolant system and tranny, ******* my brand new rossler tranny/converter that i just installed with my APS kit. Even my brand new evans water pump seal has got to be changed now!!and maybe my turbo seals, if theres rubber in them!Im still trying to find out about the turbos today. Rosslers transmissions took pics for me while he was redoing my tranny ,,every piece of ruber, seals, o rings was destroyed from thantifreeze /tranny mix that went threw my whole coolant system and tranny all because Be Cool sent me the wrong radiator. LOL They,Be Cool, feel even though they sent me the wrong rad,,and admitted it on the phone and on there invoice that came with my replacement rad.They Be Cool, feel,I should have cought it being the professional rad manufacture that i am LOL. I told the guy from Be cool ,Dude,I ordered a LS1 auto rad ,I get said rad in a box thats marked LS1 auto, It looks just like my stock rad. It has the two ports on the side for the tranny lines and the one port on the other for the temp sensor!! How the **** am i to know that by installing this rad,i would be destroy my brand new APS build??car???He was like sorry !!theres nothing i can do but send you a replacement radiator. Thats what kind of ******* company Be Cool is. So anyways, after i get back my AGAIN!!Brand new tranny from Rossler, IM SUEING them for the cost of this tranny and everthing else that got fucked because they cant afford to hire compitant workers in there packageing deptment!!trust me guys!!! If there treating me like this, even after sending me the wrongf rad in ther right box and even admitteing it on the packaging invoice LOL ,what are they going to do for you if lets say theres ever a core leak and tranny fluid leaks into the coolant and theres damage because of it like me? like it did on me??? You think there going to cover your repair bills?????LOL.ANYBODY BUT BE COOL!!!!!!!!I even told the manager dude ,If theres a chance that this can happen again to someone else Why not put colored plugs in the holes showing wheather its for tranny lines or is for coolant. He was like your going to tell us how to package our product ?Iwas like if those ports were marked saying coolant or tranny fluid!!!!!I would have known and never installed it!!Your the ones packaging wrong rads in the right boxs LOL!! So Yea im giving you my 2 cence on the subjectasa im staring at my busted up brand new APS install yea i am!!!

Last edited by barnat; 07-30-2008 at 04:16 PM.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by barnat
DO NOT BUY FROM BE COOL!!!I REPEAT!!DO NOT BUY FROM BE COOL!!LOL!!They sold me a wrong rad ((in the right box some months back ))and what I found out later,it was an LT1manual rad that somehow got put into a LS1 auto box was ,The Be Cool LTI manual radiator uses the same size ports as the tranny lines do!!these ports on a LT1 manual rad uses these ports to send coolant back to the oil cooler. By installing there packaged wronge rad, and not knowing they sent me ther wrong one! It sent coolant/tranny fluid mix ,all threw my coolant system and tranny ******* my brand new rossler tranny and convertert, my evans water pump seal, and maybe my turbo seals, if theres rubber in them!Im still trying to find out about the turbos today. Rosslers transmissions took pics for me while he was redoing my tranny ,,every piece of ruber, seals, o rings was destroyed from thantifreeze /tranny fluid mix that went threw my whole coolant system and tranny.All because Be Cool sent me the wrong radiator. LOL They,Be Cool, feel even though they sent me the wrong rad,,,i should have cought it being the professional rad manufacture that i am lOL LOL I told the guy from Be cool <,Dude,i ordered a LS1 auto rad ,I get said rad in a box thats marked LS1 auto, It looks just like my stock rad, it has the two ports on the side for the tranny lines and the one port on the other for the temp sensor!! how the **** am i to know that by installing this rad,i would be destroy my brand new APS build??car???He was like sorry !!theres nothing i can do but send you a replacement radiator. Thats what kind of ******* company Be Cool is. So anyways, after i get back my AGAIN!!Brand new tranny from Rossler, IM SUEING them pieces of **** for the cost of this tranny and everthing else that got fucked because they cant afford to hire compitant workers in there packageing deptment!!trust me guys!!! If there treating me like this, even after sending me the wrongf rad in ther right box and even admitteing it on the packaging invoice LOL ,what are they going to do for you if lets say theres ever a core leak and tranny fluid leaks into the coolant and theres damage because of it like me? like it did on me??? You think there going to cover your repair bills?????LOL.ANYBODY BUT BE COOL!!!!!!!!
damm that really sucks.

How the hell where you to be able to tell the difference between the two?
Old 07-30-2008, 04:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,745 Likes on 1,303 Posts

suuuuuuuuuure......NOW you guys wanna try the LT1 radiator,especially since its cheap compared to the becool or other radiators.nobody was interested when i made my thread but now that everyones overheating theyre interested
Old 07-30-2008, 08:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 69TA
damm that really sucks.

How the hell where you to be able to tell the difference between the two?
EXACTLY!!!!Thank you!! You cant!! Actually ,the tranny line ports where the tranny lines go to, are actually on the right side not the left like the rad they sent me!!But in be cools eyes,I should have know that!! Like i bought ten of em or something LOL even though it says LS1 auto right on the dam box LOL I paid 1500 some fot the complete kit from them and then to have them say TO BAD was the real kick to the ***** if you know what i mean. Im going to get a lawer to make these ******* pay for the damages to my car and tranny beacause of THERE **** up!! They packaged me the wrong iteam in the right box.I could see if it saidf LT1 manual on the box and i then I still installed it? LOL!!I could see them saying its on you, but to say LS1 auto right on the box and it looks like the stock rad i just removed LOL!!!What pieces of ****!! I even asked dude at Be Cool ,what they would do if this was the right rad and the core had a hole in it or it wasnt welded right would they cover my damages ???he didnt say **** LOL So it goes to show how they treat there customers PAYING CUSTOMEERS at that when theres a problem with there product **** BE COOL!!
Old 07-30-2008, 10:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 903 Likes on 644 Posts

barnat,

If that's the way things happen man I would sue them too. I think some people are quick to blame a company when they screwed up. But them sending you the wrong one, that looks like your stocker, paying that much and not standing behind it is BS.

I normally don't say this but sue the **** out of them man.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:08 PM
TECH Veteran

So will a ron davis fit an aps car.it looks like quite bit of room still in there ? As mentioned edelbrock has bigge capacity pump but its 400 ish and found a high capacity pump for like 150 bucks for our ls1 on ebay but not sure on quailty and won't trust my new engine to a unknown pump without some feedback. Likely will get the edelbrock and ron davis next spring.
EPP do you think the ron davis will fit the aps cars.You did a few aps cars already?
Old 10-16-2008, 12:43 AM
9 Second Club

Im about to buy a ron davis. My car couldnt take the load and overheated. It runs fine and drives fine still but cant take back to back passes. Drove my car from Austin to SA due to a trailer blowout on the way home. The stock rad works ok for little blasts here and there. But it cannot maintain on back to back passes. I will MAKE the RAD fit. But we are probally going to put the intercooler in the front and redo my intake ducts. Ill update everyone when I am done. Please no pm's.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:15 AM
TECH Veteran

Hmm more interested to know if the ron davis fits and with the intercooler in stock location. Also as said there are now at least two higher flow water pump options. The edelbrock water pump which is pricey but brand name and some other high volume pump advertised on ebay might be worth a try its like 100 and some bucks.
Water wetter by redline can also sometimes take temps down 10 degrees or so. I assume you have programmed your fans to come on low or have fan switch to run them continuously?

Remember you are still my hero JM and be watching what you do closely. But I think the steps mentioned above maybe all of them should do the job. My car is not going to be back to back tracked anyway see no reason to do back to back runs unless you are in bracket competitions.

I am hoping to finally give some ideas on this aps setup in regards to various areas soon. I am working like a beaver trying to get my 408 and aps installed. Figure a week or two tops as can put quite a lot of hours a day into this. Wish had some more help but at least have access to speed shop guy that is wizard with the little stuff .Today he helped me install the oil returns in the pan and fitting in the oil cooler port.
We moved that fitting down just slightly as aps has it so darn close to the tank angling ridge.

I guess every kit can use a bit of tweaking.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:47 PM
Banned

jm,
you ever get those upgraded ducts. and if you have or haven't please don't be shading about it is.

i just want to know if they are there so i can order them. Peter sucks and Customer Service.

thanks
Old 10-16-2008, 06:37 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Big Bird WS6
jm,
you ever get those upgraded ducts. and if you have or haven't please don't be shading about it is.

i just want to know if they are there so i can order them. Peter sucks and Customer Service.

thanks
Shading Im not shading ****. My turbo's leak like everyones(Minor),my ducts collaspe just like everyones and my car overheated just like everyones (Who is actually making power with the kit). Ill make these corrections when I get a chance. I still dont know what to do about the ducts but anythig past 14 psi they do it. So I leave it about 12 psi untill I have time. Now that the LSX shootout is over for this year I will focus on this. But dont hold your breath because my son is due very soon!
Old 10-16-2008, 07:42 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
Shading Im not shading ****. My turbo's leak like everyones(Minor),my ducts collaspe just like everyones and my car overheated just like everyones (Who is actually making power with the kit). Ill make these corrections when I get a chance. I still dont know what to do about the ducts but anythig past 14 psi they do it. So I leave it about 12 psi untill I have time. Now that the LSX shootout is over for this year I will focus on this. But dont hold your breath because my son is due very soon!
i thought the APS kits were perfect! just messing with ya!
Old 10-16-2008, 07:50 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by ddnspider
i thought the APS kits were perfect! just messing with ya!
Runs fine every where. But when I beat the **** out of it at the track back to back passes it doesnt. Feel free to run faster times with your current setup. Just messing with ya!
Old 10-16-2008, 07:52 PM
10 Second Club

Runs fine every where. But when I beat the **** out of it at the track back to back passes it doesnt. Feel free to run faster times with your current setup. Just messing with ya!
id run you in a best 2 outta 3 hotlap session....oh wait your car couldnt handle it! bazing!
Old 10-16-2008, 07:53 PM
9 Second Club

id run you in a best 2 outta 3 hotlap session....oh wait your car couldnt handle it! bazing!
Maybe you should read up. Ron davis is on the way. But if that doesnt get here on time you can get some of my z06.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:54 PM
10 Second Club

Maybe you should read up. Ron davis is on the way. But if that doesnt get here on time you can get some of my z06.
on the way yet and installed are 2 differents there big guy.hows the weather in Tx this time of year?getting nice out in FL
Old 10-16-2008, 07:57 PM
9 Second Club

on the way yet and installed are 2 differents there big guy.hows the weather in Tx this time of year?getting nice out in FL
There's a difference. What I say on here is what happens in real life. Not a internet dreamer. Kinda like last months article in GM high tech of the car I built

Quick Reply: APS car overheating