Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

APS car overheating

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 08:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,745 Likes on 1,303 Posts

lol dont try me son,everything ive ever talked about on here has happened in real life....not to mention the cars been on the cover of a book(ebook),AND is in a DVD coming out.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:03 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ddnspider
lol dont try me son,everything ive ever talked about on here has happened in real life....not to mention the cars been on the cover of a book(ebook),AND is in a DVD coming out.
LOL First of all Im not your son! Wow a DVD My car is also on a DVD coming out to.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,745 Likes on 1,303 Posts

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
LOL First of all Im not your son! Wow a DVD My car is also on a DVD coming out to.
dont hate BOY!
Old 10-17-2008, 08:21 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
Shading Im not shading ****. My turbo's leak like everyones(Minor),my ducts collaspe just like everyones and my car overheated just like everyones (Who is actually making power with the kit). Ill make these corrections when I get a chance. I still dont know what to do about the ducts but anythig past 14 psi they do it. So I leave it about 12 psi untill I have time. Now that the LSX shootout is over for this year I will focus on this. But dont hold your breath because my son is due very soon!
what i meant by the shady is. that peter never gives us an answer. and you at one time said you got the new tubs. i have pmed you before and no answer. that is what i meant by shady.

PETER. wtf please. something? anything?

thanks
Old 10-17-2008, 10:50 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Peter gave answer in the inlet thread. New ducts are 250 plus shipping..not cheap but at least they exist..

Sway bar fix figure something out myself. Overheating going to install edelbrock high volume pump and likely ron davis rad if can get it to fit in there with intercooler in regular location.
If worse came to worse would take out all my air and drop some weight off the front end.
Compensate for my iron block. Sure it will cool much better with no condenser in the way.
If my turbos go fubar will send them to a good shop and get them tweaked up. After all they are just mits 20gs super common and hopefully not chinese knockoffs. Even so should be able to put proper parts back in the housings.Yeah it would cost more money such is life.

APS is the one that should be stepping up to the plate on this stuff a bit more. But hey can guy a 3000 buck fuel system from someone else. A magnacharger instead of their tt for my planned c6 or c7. And word of mouth can hurt a company big time.

I hope to heck my turbos are good ,balanced and fine. If not many people will find out just how squeaking a wheel an ald short balding chubby half Italian/half Polish guy can be!

You guys want ideas on getting some action..well you can pm me!

But lets give them some credit.they did make the tubes. Now we need someone to review them and make sure they work long term.

And thought they were making sway bar fix as well.

It warns in manual that you might need different rad..

And once the inlets are not sucking shut we may see the turbos not blowing oil.

I would still kill for the recommended range of the mits 20g turbo for min and max oil pressure.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
Yeah, but that wouldn't solve his overheating problem. Bob
Bob, are there any clearence issue if you are looking to install a ron davis in a 02 camaro ss with a d1sc? Your site shows a few vettes with the ron davis but i did not see a procharged camaro with this radiator.

Thanks,
Will
Old 12-07-2008, 08:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ran a ron davis this summer with a d1sc with no problems except having to trim the radiator hold down...........there is plenty of room for it.

does anyone have a ron davis with the aps system?? I'm about to install the aps on my car and i'm wondering about clearance with the aps.

Quick Reply: APS car overheating