Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Lost ALL oil pressure idealing on rack????

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 11:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost ALL oil pressure idealing on rack????

My buddy had his 408 INCON TT sitting on his rack yesterday finishing up his head R & R and he noticed his 60psi oil pressure go from 60 to 40 ,,,So he hit the gas and it jumped back up to 60 and stayed !!It later did it again ,Same thing only this time when he hit it, oil pressure went down to 0 and stayed!!LOL!! Long story short ,he pulled the engine and took to our machine shop !!Tell me it wasnt his fucken oil pump pressure relief spring cracked off near the very bottom of the spring ,,so there was like a jagged edge of the spring that was getting caught as it moved up and down on the inside the cylinder,almost like a piston that had a jaggeed ring in it It was like getting caught open letting off all the oil pressure LOL Did you guys ever hear of this one yet????
Old 06-21-2008, 01:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No! that is strange!!
Old 06-21-2008, 11:01 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you need to get a new keyboard it seems your ? , ! keys are stuck.
Old 06-22-2008, 01:07 PM
Grr
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL! mine just did that last week! exact same thing you described. Usually 60psi, dropped to 20 at idle one day and would go to 60, drove it home and next day started it, 20 then right to 0 and stayed there. decided to put all new bearings and a timing chain and oil pump in. Good thing is i wanted to check the bottom end soon anyway, so what the hell.
Gary