Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Day 1 Build Ebay Kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 02:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Monello
Total cost was about 3500.

All the items used are in either this thread or my other build thread.
Add another 1000-1200 for a good turbo though because you are going to need it. Or even an engine maybe when it comes apart into your intake
Old 08-07-2008, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Websy21
LOL funny, you got me but on a serious note I hope that you guys all have great success. I also wasn't saying that it is hard to round up all these parts but very time consuming. If you are very patient and willing to have your car sit for a month or so than have at it. I got so sick of waiting for parts, parts getting lost, running to the store every other day. It wasn't hard at all, easy really but wasted the whole summer away without driving my car at all. It was out of my control too. Thats all I am stating and not bashing or bitching. Again, good luck to all who try these kits but you pay for what you get. These threads always use to get shut down and bashed but now they don't for some reason. Thats great I guess for the members to be saving money instead of going with the true and tried products of our sponsors. I'd rather spend the extra bit of money to know that I am getting what I want. Like OFI, KYPT, SPEED INC, APS, TTI, etc. Each to there own. GL boys and continue to keep us updated

Here is what I am thinking about this kit. I think this is more for the people that want to say I Did it myself. Most people that buy an OFi Kit or a KYTP kit have someone else install it for them. With this kit, Monello put every ounce of the work in it himself and that is something that he can say when someone says who did the work. He can say " I did." Probably the single best felling in the world. I have done everything on my car except the welding, and I bought KYTP kit. And when I get done and if it makes a good amount of power I get to say that I put it together. You just can not beat that
Old 08-07-2008, 03:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That is a good feeling, being able to tell people about how the install went, etc. and having more pride in that you did it and its running. Just the other day I was giving my friend a ride in mine and he says "Man, I just can't believe you had the ***** to rip your car apart and redo so much stuff and install a turbo on it...there's no way I'd ever have the courage to do that...it's just really amazing to me...I wouldn't know where to start with a turbo system". Thats a great feeling when someone acknowledges the time spent and the fact that it can be done and does work.

Now go get some dyno numbers/track times Monello!!
Old 08-07-2008, 03:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Threads don't get locked if the rules are followed. There are no links to show people where to buy it from (although it isn't hard to find it )

There is no contact info posted or pricing.

It simply is a install post
Old 08-07-2008, 05:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Websy21
Add another 1000-1200 for a good turbo though because you are going to need it. Or even an engine maybe when it comes apart into your intake
Good point, which is why I bought a Master Power turbo from one of our sponsers. Im guessing you thought I was using the one it came with?
Old 08-07-2008, 05:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Dyno numbers will come once i get a new trans! lol.

Really leaning towards FLT. Right now im researching to see what converter will work best for the car.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You see, this would be sweet, if my engine didnt have 128k miles on it Maybe I better purchase one of these kits before something happens to them... That way by the time I get around to building a bottom end I've got one and it hasnt been taken off the market.

Oh, Monello... remember the coke can? We need some ground clearance pictures
Old 08-07-2008, 07:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lol ill try and take a coke can pic tonight.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.aceracingtrans.com/

great tranny guys right there
Old 08-07-2008, 11:29 PM
11 Second Club

Hey Monello where you goin for a tune... Mike at straightline has got this turbo stuff down pretty good and did a hell of a job on sprayed01's car
Old 08-08-2008, 05:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 02EBZO6
That is a good feeling, being able to tell people about how the install went, etc. and having more pride in that you did it and its running. Just the other day I was giving my friend a ride in mine and he says "Man, I just can't believe you had the ***** to rip your car apart and redo so much stuff and install a turbo on it...there's no way I'd ever have the courage to do that...it's just really amazing to me...I wouldn't know where to start with a turbo system". Thats a great feeling when someone acknowledges the time spent and the fact that it can be done and does work.

Now go get some dyno numbers/track times Monello!!
I agree all my friends said the same thing and allot of them are into car performance. I remember back when I first started. I popped the hood and looked at it for quite awhile before I started ripping **** apart. Before I knew it the interior both in the cab and truck were torn apart, front bumper off, wires and parts everywhere, etc, etc. Once I got into it though it was easy. Way easier than I ever anticiapated and you are right. The feeling after of self accomplishment was great. After a couple deep breaths when you turn the key over and run around looking and hoping there are no leaks, etc, etc. It was a great experience and loved every minute of it even after a few swearing seasions, hahaha
Old 08-08-2008, 07:01 PM
TECH Addict

Theres always a few swearing sessions. Even a few sessions
Old 08-08-2008, 09:29 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by KurtRardin
Theres always a few swearing sessions. Even a few sessions
I hear ya
Old 08-08-2008, 09:54 PM
TECH Addict

There always seems to be at least one crisis with each project... like when you first tore into it when you were putting headers on your virgin fbody and the factory bolts on the bottom of the manifolds broke off... no turning back now. Or when you strip out a bolt hole durring a poly mount install... or when a pinion nut tears the threads up on your pinion gear... Gentlemen, a tap and die set is your friend. Being a proud owner of this tap and die set I speak of allows me to strip every bolt hole I come across. This makes more oportunities to instead of
Old 08-08-2008, 09:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by KurtRardin
There always seems to be at least one crisis with each project... like when you first tore into it when you were putting headers on your virgin fbody and the factory bolts on the bottom of the manifolds broke off... no turning back now. Or when you strip out a bolt hole durring a poly mount install... or when a pinion nut tears the threads up on your pinion gear... Gentlemen, a tap and die set is your friend. Being a proud owner of this tap and die set I speak of allows me to strip every bolt hole I come across. This makes more oportunities to instead of
Was one of the best things I bought. I got a very nice SAE and Metric set and use them both allot. You absolutely need one of these kits!
Old 08-10-2008, 08:56 PM
Staging Lane

good luck with that!!
Old 08-11-2008, 03:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Damn, my car's sitting on jack stands waiting for the LT's to go in... Now i want a turbo car and wonder if i should build a 370 or jump in the kit :'(. I want a turbo soooo bad.
Old 08-11-2008, 04:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea i just love driving down the street and hearing the turbo sucking in air lol.

People just sit and stare, and I know their thinking, "holy ****, thats a turbo transam!"
Old 08-11-2008, 04:34 PM
Banned

or they're stupid but think they're smart by telling their girlfriend, "that guy has a really bad intake leak"

Glad to hear the project is near it's end and you're happy with it. Been a looong road. Good Job.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:00 PM
Launching!

too bad you fbody guys dont have more room under the hood like say a fullsize truck. jfwy, but props to you boys. i wouldnt even want to change plugs in a fbody

Quick Reply: Day 1 Build Ebay Kit