Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

408/PT98/Six Speed Build

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008 | 08:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by otherwhitemeat
but 20psi on the turbo is doing to give you about closer to 1300hp at the crank then at the wheels....
Its already been done before with the exact heads/cam/intake on the combo i spoke of, I didnt just make that number up. Part of the reason I bought them off Fereday was that they were already proven to flow well enough to make the type of power I want. Took the guess work out of finding a package that i would be happy with.

I understand the downfalls of shifting and all that, but i really could care less at the moment. If i was that concerned with running X ET or doing this or that, I would have gone with a th210 and a 106 to begin with.
Old 07-09-2008 | 08:45 PM
TECH Regular

****'s weak Dom. I bet you don't hit 800 whp on 20 psi. In all seriousness though I can't wait for the car to be done. I will be in the shop the day that thing rolls off the dyno and onto the streets.
Old 07-09-2008 | 09:31 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by VENGEANCE
Its already been done before with the exact heads/cam/intake on the combo i spoke of, I didnt just make that number up. Part of the reason I bought them off Fereday was that they were already proven to flow well enough to make the type of power I want. Took the guess work out of finding a package that i would be happy with.

I understand the downfalls of shifting and all that, but i really could care less at the moment. If i was that concerned with running X ET or doing this or that, I would have gone with a th210 and a 106 to begin with.
I'm just letting you know my ex. with that set-up....thats all.....what intake and throttle body...also what do your heads flow?
Old 07-10-2008 | 10:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'm just letting you know my ex. with that set-up....thats all.....what intake and throttle body...also what do your heads flow?
GMPP carb style, heads port matched to the intake. As far as what they flow I dont remember exactly. If you really want to know Im sure you can PM Worm Boy and he could tell you. Throttle Body is 90mm.

EDIT: You can see what the combo previously helped make here: http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...aro/index.html

And my mistake, it been awhile since I bought the stuff. They only flowed 1200whp through a glide.

Last edited by VENGEANCE; 07-10-2008 at 10:54 AM.
Old 07-10-2008 | 03:27 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by VENGEANCE
GMPP carb style, heads port matched to the intake. As far as what they flow I dont remember exactly. If you really want to know Im sure you can PM Worm Boy and he could tell you. Throttle Body is 90mm.

EDIT: You can see what the combo previously helped make here: http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...aro/index.html

And my mistake, it been awhile since I bought the stuff. They only flowed 1200whp through a glide.
I thought for some reason this was an Lt1 motor......so yeah the Ls1 will flow more, so 20psi is possible....some power glide dyno results showed more power at the wheels then with a clutch....just a little FYI....get that thing done and post some results!!!

Last edited by otherwhitemeat; 07-10-2008 at 04:56 PM.
Old 07-10-2008 | 04:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

I thought for some reason this was an Lt1 motor......so yeah the Ls1 will flow more, so 20psi is possible....so power glide dyno results showed more power at the wheels then with a clutch....just a little FYI....get that thing done and post some results!!!
haha yes, I know that a glide will show less power on the dyno, thats why I said "you can guess what that equates to in a six speed" before when i mentioned the power.

I spoke to kurt this morning and my rockers came in yesterday. Just waiting on a few things and well almost have the motor back to us, ready to drop in.
Old 08-05-2008 | 10:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

cage is all but done...

*** shot

Spoke to kurt last night, motor is all but done... once thats back to us itll shift into high gear and be rolling shortly....
Old 08-05-2008 | 10:20 PM
Teching In

Ive got a few vipers and supras to slap in the mean time, as it will remain a true street car.
Not all vipers are created equal

I look forward to running you once we both get our cars back. Right now I'd say the race is to see who's running first! What do you think that thing will weigh? I'm in left field on non mopar stuff.

Mike (aka PiedmontDragway on the other forum)
Old 08-05-2008 | 10:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1fast400
Not all vipers are created equal

I look forward to running you once we both get our cars back. Right now I'd say the race is to see who's running first! What do you think that thing will weigh? I'm in left field on non mopar stuff.

Mike (aka PiedmontDragway on the other forum)
haha whats up mike.

As far as the weight, im not 100% sure. A few of the recent RPM built cars weigh in at 2800lbs without driver (nitrous cars though), but the minutub dropped a bit of weight over those cars, but the turbo kit will weigh more than a nitrous bottle/kit obviously. So my best guess would be anywhere from 2900-3000lbs?
Old 08-05-2008 | 10:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DrTurbo
Awesome build....

Only thing I see is that turbo will be a HARD sucker to spool with a 6spd.
Just curious if the supras can do it why cant we?
Old 08-05-2008 | 10:48 PM
Teching In

Damn, I'm going to have 1000lbs on you!
Old 08-05-2008 | 11:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Damn, I'm going to have 1000lbs on you!
Jesus, is your viper a vert? Even then I didnt think itd be much over 3500-3600. Im not totally up on the new vipers weights though. Im guessing the twins kit adds a good bit, but 1000lbs over me damn!
Old 08-05-2008 | 11:06 PM
TECH Resident

I pm'ed you back...you can call me if you want....I'd like to talk
Old 08-05-2008 | 11:13 PM
Teching In

It's ok, I'll have you covered in power, you'll have me covered in weight. Should make for a fun match up. You better not miss a gear
Old 08-05-2008 | 11:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by FranCisco
Just curious if the supras can do it why cant we?
We can. otherwhitemeat on here has been running a 101mm setup on his 390ci LT1, recently switched to a 94mm i believe for better spool time. No replacement for displacement. Im sure someone with more technical knowledge can answer that better though.
Old 08-05-2008 | 11:16 PM
TECH Resident

It's ok, I'll have you covered in power, you'll have me covered in weight. Should make for a fun match up. You better not miss a gear
just remember.....every 3 hundred pounds is a hundred hp at the wheels.....and you got to stick it too
Old 08-05-2008 | 11:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Out of curiosity, how much power are you trying to make? You can PM me over on HPJ if you want. My heads/cam/intake were good for quite a bit on the last car they were on, but that doesnt really mean **** until I get it on the dyno.

otherwhite: checking PM's now.
Old 08-05-2008 | 11:20 PM
TECH Resident

pm sent
Old 08-05-2008 | 11:22 PM
Teching In

Yeah that's why it will be a fun race. I have no clue where my car will end up power wise. I compromised some things for streetability. The car will have full air, full interior, CD/speakers and all that fun stuff. It's not a stripped down car. I want my 65 year old dad to jump into the car and drive it as his lunch car. Then me take it to my track and beat the crap out of it.

I did this with a viper truck I had. I came in at 5760lbs in that beast. I drove the **** out of it. Sadly, when a twin screw SC'er on a fully built motor with striker heads hooks up, you start breaking ****. First passes I twisted the block so bad the mains were stuck. Then it went to hell from there. Once I got it going again, eventually threw a rod out the side . However, going 10.90's at 127 in something almost 6k/lbs, all while driving it to darlington, sc (3.5h for me) was kickass. I don't baby my stuff. Of course, I kinda wish I would have. My truck has been down for almost a year! New motor goes in around 60 days from now. Viper has to get done first.
Old 08-05-2008 | 11:26 PM
Teching In

It's a fully done car. I don't think the issue will be how much power vs how much power we can actually get to hit the dyno. I'm not sure how hard I'm going to push it (meaning over 30lbs). We'll be over 1k at the rear wheels. Don't want to say much more till I get my runs over. I have 3-4 runs semi locked in, just waiting for them to get punkout money done.

Quick Reply: 408/PT98/Six Speed Build