Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Eboost-2 for the novice.... questions/help

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 03:28 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Default Eboost-2 for the novice.... questions/help

Hello,
Well i have an Eboost-2 on my car and honestly dont really know how to use it very well. The instructions are driving me crazy with pushing buttoms, holding buttons, holding 2 at same time, etc. Wondering if one of you pro's could help me out.

I don't want to do crazy things with it, just get to use some of the basics.

Currently my SP1 is @ 35, GP1 @ 3.0 and SN1 @ 30.
-This nets me 11 psi on the street where it made 633rwhp/613 rwtq. The car spins the tires very hard on the street.

I would like to set up a few different settings but am not real sure where to head. The tuner told me that it was tuned up to 14 psi, setting 45.... so i know i can go that high safely. It was also dyno pulled at around 9 psi which i assume would be setting 25 ish or so. I am clueless as to how to alter by gate pressures and sensitivity if i alter the boost setpoint. If i want to create a new "boost setting", do i want to make a BG2 or would i make an SP2? Or would it be easiest to just always change my SP1/BG1 to whatever i want and only have 1 setting? I ideally would like a 9 psi setup for the street with the 11 where its at available, and the 14 psi one on hand as well. Any help? Thanks!

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 07-30-2008, 04:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Set up as many BG as you want. I run 3, wastegate, 10lb and 14.5lb. That way all you have to do is hit the up or down to scroll through which you want. If you've got your gate pressure set on 3 and running 9lb, then your leaving some on the table as far as spool. GP is when the waste gate begins to open.

As far as setting up a BG. Your SP is going to get you the boost pressure you want. If you know 45 is in the 14lb range you can play with it until you get close to what you want. Remember baby steps here. Don't forget to reset your Over Boost a lb or 2 higher than your final desired max boost.

GP is when the waste gate starts to open. I usually start 2 lb before my desired boost, and then fine tune from there. Too high GP you'll over shoot your desired boost, too low and your gaining spool time. Once you get it close, you may have to readjust your SP down a little, from gaining boost. This will take a couple runs to get straight. Start low and work your way up.

Sen is the sensitivity. How fast the gate operates basically. You can gain some boost here too, so you may have to lower SP also. I'm running between 50-60 on mine, seems to work o.k.

Hope this is some what understandable.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey superman I thought you were sellling all of your stuff..
Old 07-31-2008, 07:13 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

nah, its too much fun

Old 07-31-2008, 07:20 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Firechikn
Set up as many BG as you want. I run 3, wastegate, 10lb and 14.5lb. That way all you have to do is hit the up or down to scroll through which you want. If you've got your gate pressure set on 3 and running 9lb, then your leaving some on the table as far as spool. GP is when the waste gate begins to open.

As far as setting up a BG. Your SP is going to get you the boost pressure you want. If you know 45 is in the 14lb range you can play with it until you get close to what you want. Remember baby steps here. Don't forget to reset your Over Boost a lb or 2 higher than your final desired max boost.

GP is when the waste gate starts to open. I usually start 2 lb before my desired boost, and then fine tune from there. Too high GP you'll over shoot your desired boost, too low and your gaining spool time. Once you get it close, you may have to readjust your SP down a little, from gaining boost. This will take a couple runs to get straight. Start low and work your way up.

Sen is the sensitivity. How fast the gate operates basically. You can gain some boost here too, so you may have to lower SP also. I'm running between 50-60 on mine, seems to work o.k.

Hope this is some what understandable.
Thank you very much!

As for Gate Pressure, mine being at 3.0, that means my gate doesnt open until it sees 3 psi so its lagging a bit? If i upped it more, then it will lag even more but the end result could be making more boost on the same SP with a higher GP? A 0 sensitivity and Gate Pressure means its pretty much at max effort than correct? And with these at 0 and the SP at zero, it its pretty much the wastegate working?

Does ever BG have its own overboost setting or just one for the whole unit?

Old 07-31-2008, 08:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

everything has its own setting inside of the boost groups the group in itself means all of the parameters you want to set along with the first set point

remember that every time you cycle power to the controller it starts back at boost group 1 (set point 1)

i would say you can move the gp up to 6 pretty safely. if you don't have a way to record boost then it will be hard to review weather you overshot or not.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:24 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

So bumping up the GP to 6 ish will make my car lag a little more for traction then? But upping it could cause it to make a little bit more boost?

Old 07-31-2008, 09:02 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Superman09
So bumping up the GP to 6 ish will make my car lag a little more for traction then? But upping it could cause it to make a little bit more boost?
Upping it makes it come up faster, but may cause overshoot (running past target boost) if it gets too high.

MM got me started on these controllers and they work great, and man that eb2 has a pile of features... they can make you dizzy.

I usually say to set GP at 2/3 what your target boost is and tune from there unless overshoot isn't much of an issue, in which case you can start out higher.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:18 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

ugh, so upping the gate pressure makes it spool quicker? Basically whatever the GP is set at, is at that boost that the gate will open? So wouldn't a higher GP cause the gate to open later creating more lag?

Old 07-31-2008, 09:33 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Superman09
ugh, so upping the gate pressure makes it spool quicker? Basically whatever the GP is set at, is at that boost that the gate will open? So wouldn't a higher GP cause the gate to open later creating more lag?

Think of GP as the crack point (though it's not neccesarily). Beneath it, the gate is fully shut. When the gate cracks partially open at a point that is BENEATH your target boost, some of the exhaust is bled off causing the rise from that point to target PSI to come slower. That's why ideally you will get it as high as you can without having the boost overshoot your set point.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What he said. I guess I should have explained a little better.

I'm thinking of adding a small 150 shot cut via boost setpoint, just to get my out the hole.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:24 PM
FormerVendor

Someone needs to make an instruction thread on these things.
Alot of guys are scared of the EB2 because of all the different configurable setpoints.
A nice how to guide would be awesome.

Im going to run an EB2 on my truck and will most likely need as much help as i can get configuring this thing lol.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:32 PM
8 Second Club

I think a little of the wording gets lost between US and Australian english. A basic writeup sounds like a great idea.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:32 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

+1, i agree. If one of you Eboost genious' has some free time, it would be much appreciated!

Old 07-31-2008, 10:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

i knew i shouldnt have bought the damn thing, hopefully one of the local guys can run me through it and help me figure it out
Old 08-01-2008, 12:10 AM
FormerVendor

I nominate Mightymouse lol, hes the guru at this thing lol!
Plus hes great at doing writeups from what ive seen in the past.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:51 AM
Banned

I havent even touched this thing yet... but its coming with the STS kit i bought, Im not too excited from what ive heard. Hopefully someone will step in and help...
Old 08-01-2008, 04:12 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Black_Hawk_02
I havent even touched this thing yet... but its coming with the STS kit i bought, Im not too excited from what ive heard. Hopefully someone will step in and help...
They are awesome. Just take it one step at a time. Learn and edit a basic BG. Then start toying after you feel comfortable. Don't go into this thinking you need to fill up all 6, program in your methanol/extra fuel pump/etc immediately.

The instructions provided are enough to get a grip on things, you just have to follow the flowcharts, and that can get a bit confusing.

I keep the quick reference guide in the glovebox.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Derek @ EDO
I nominate Mightymouse lol, hes the guru at this thing lol!
Plus hes great at doing writeups from what ive seen in the past.
aww shucks

sometimes still i just play with the buttons till i get where i wanna go.

depends on how slow work goes today..
Old 08-01-2008, 05:59 PM
FormerVendor

Uh ohhhhh, he didnt say no !!!!

Thats awesome, thanks man!

Quick Reply: Eboost-2 for the novice.... questions/help