Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

If you ever had work done by TRT Turbo you might want to check your car out.

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 01:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99Z28LS1
i had my STS installed there in 06' and the car's been making 500rwhp since then, and billy and dustin...... that's right, both of them were the ones who turned the wrenches on it when it was built. I was sad to see billy go, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Dustin helped me out here and there, but i had nothing serious ordered when he got the position. But when he closed down, my buddy had an 05' 5.3 Silverado with Dustin's custom turbo set up. Truck was in the process of getting a new turbo friendly cam and some fuel upgrades + a TA girdle and dustin shut down. So far, my friend is out $1330 with not much help from Dustin, very sad to see **** go down like this.
I had the pleasure of riding in the Z and yes it is Bad *** but you got lucky.
Your buddy's truck was Bad *** and it sucks for everyone who got screwed!

I lost more than I needed to, but why do we fall?
... So we can learn to pick our selfs back up a.k.a. the meaning of life!
It's really is about how hard you can get hit, just to see if you can get up right after it. It is so damn true!!!

Originally Posted by 99camarosupersport
I don't know how people operate like this and live with themselves? I really don't?
I have been quiet, I don't talk ****!
Talk is cheap. I act and I have not because of the direct consequences of my possible actions and I am better than that. Lucky is one way to put the fact I haven't come across the POS. If pushed, I push back for damn sure.
And no one but me is authorized to disclose more information.

Even though in another thread someone posted what happened without so much detail, that is OK.

Getting fucked is putting it lightly.

In the end what goes around comes the **** around.

How does one sleep at night? Couldn't agree more!
This has been one HELL of a year for me...

Thank God for friends, family and the support behind it!

Last edited by Eroc; 08-08-2008 at 01:38 PM.
Old 08-09-2008, 07:59 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats why after going through numerous shops I now stick with Bob at EPP. Due to bs like this thread.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

american pride is disappearing. not just in autos but in all trades i fear. its all about the dollar and how much you can get with as little time and money invested.
i work construction and some jobs im a tool and sometimes im a forman. as a tool i usually go home in disgust with myself and as a forman i sweat the time it took to do it right and look good.

id rather sweat.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:22 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ZDOG
american pride is disappearing. not just in autos but in all trades i fear. its all about the dollar and how much you can get with as little time and money invested.
i work construction and some jobs im a tool and sometimes im a forman. as a tool i usually go home in disgust with myself and as a forman i sweat the time it took to do it right and look good.

id rather sweat.
Not to steal the thread, or be an ***. Buuuuut, I think it's funny you called yourself a tool twice. hahaha.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Schantin
I'll let you know. Going to remove it a 2nd time and look things over/clean.......again....

BTW, it's not stripped....just cross-threaded. The stud is actually installed right now. It's just not totally bottomed out in the hole (about 1/16 inch from the bottom). It's in there as tight as I'd care to torque it....which is about 15-20lbs. Baasically torqued to the point where the allen key begins to slip on the head of the stud....and I didn't want to round out the hex.
All you want to do on head studs is screw them down they don't need to be touqued to anything. I know you said they aren't bottoming out, sucks about the shoddy work though.

Quick Reply: If you ever had work done by TRT Turbo you might want to check your car out.