Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Extremely Bad Night

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 09:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any update on why it failed? And is there a similar intercooler on the mp122 and tvs blowers?
Old 01-24-2009, 02:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 898 Likes on 640 Posts

This **** is out of control.

I started reading the thread but got confused....Ok I just stopped reading it.

I agree with that few of miles on the car it seems strange the I/C failed. The manufacturer never knows for sure if the installer did things right or is some tool that works at a shell station changing oil all day who thinks he is a race car mechanic.

I understand why manufacturers blame the installer, because a lot of the time, even if they didn't intend to, screw something up.

There's a thread in the clutch section about a guy that has a clutch that is several years old but with very few miles on it that was junk. I think it was a Tex clutch. Kind of the same thing.

In this situation I don't know the time frames of when it was last used, when it was put on...etc.

Car manufacturers have been doing it for years with non transferable warranties. You buy a car that "should" still be under warranty but since you are not the original owner, sorry bout ya.

I agree if the unit had low miles on it, was then put on another vehicle then a week later it leaks and grenades the engine then yes, I would be wanting some sort of compensation from the manufacturer. Am I going to get it probably not.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:33 AM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
This **** is out of control.

I started reading the thread but got confused....Ok I just stopped reading it.

I agree with that few of miles on the car it seems strange the I/C failed. The manufacturer never knows for sure if the installer did things right or is some tool that works at a shell station changing oil all day who thinks he is a race car mechanic.

I understand why manufacturers blame the installer, because a lot of the time, even if they didn't intend to, screw something up.

There's a thread in the clutch section about a guy that has a clutch that is several years old but with very few miles on it that was junk. I think it was a Tex clutch. Kind of the same thing.

In this situation I don't know the time frames of when it was last used, when it was put on...etc.

Car manufacturers have been doing it for years with non transferable warranties. You buy a car that "should" still be under warranty but since you are not the original owner, sorry bout ya.

I agree if the unit had low miles on it, was then put on another vehicle then a week later it leaks and grenades the engine then yes, I would be wanting some sort of compensation from the manufacturer. Am I going to get it probably not.

Yeah, you need to read the whole thread. The unit has been installed on ONE car (and only one car) by a Maggie dealer. Magnacharger has been shown to be fully at fault here, holes blown in every theory they pull out of their asses.

Quick Reply: Extremely Bad Night