Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

GMHTP Covers Late Model Speeds LS1 F body magnacharger kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 01:39 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

K-member is not that bad 6 bolts, Shock mounts, some lines and hoses and your good to go. The Camaro is'nt the only car we've done check this out.
How many Bullet S/C SRT8 Chargers you seen,with no tuning issues. Probably just this one.http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/dd269/latemspeedhp/
Old 08-30-2008, 03:06 AM
Launching!

Everybody gets hung upon the k member lowering and the cowl cut!!!!!!! Sheesh people it's not frickin rocket science. When I lowered my k member, I had the car in the air supported by jackstands on the frame stubs, supported the k member with a hydraulic jack and lowered it enough to get the 3/4" spacers in and then put the longer bolts in and lifted the k member back up and tightened it.

The cowl cut is not that significant and unless you are desperately looking for it you won't see it, the plastic trim piece covers the back pulleys and the rear 1/4 of the blower just laying over it. The patch cut out and welding the patch panel included in the kit can be done without lowering the engine out of the car, but doing so makes it easier. I didn't lower the engine out of the car, so I didn't disconnect the hoses, lines or shock mounts, just hunched over and sat on top of the block, I didn't want to make any more work of the install if I didn't have to. My entire install is documented in an old forced induction section thread, from May-June of 07 entitled My 02 SS maggie, h/c, suspension install if I remember right, I took lots of pics, and posted them showing the install, the patch being cut out and welding in the new piece along with other items. Do a search and check it out.

My car was recently tuned by Mike and Ron of Vengeance when they came out to Oahu for a tuning trip for me and some friends, and with my heads, cam, headers, forged 347 and 10lbs of boost it put down 545rwhp and 550rwtq, I dont have any track times, the local track closed a couple of years ago and the closest track to run on is in Maui, I will try to get there for some shakedown runs and to get the suspension adjusted before I leave Hawaii, but until then you'll just have to take my word for it. There is a car out there running an MS4 with heads and 5lbs of boost making 574rwhp.

This kit makes tire spin as simple as blipping the throttle, and anyone that buys it, after getting it tuned will have a perma-smile slapped on after driving it for the first time. The instant torque is insane!!!!
Old 08-30-2008, 09:58 AM
TECH Veteran

Good to hear you go that thing tuned farmdawg.

I got my hands on another Camaro SS only this time it is a vert with low miles. Budget is tight but when I get to it, you can believe after having this kit once, I will have it again. Way too much fun

Rick glad to see you guys in the magazine, congrats to you and ed for that.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:45 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by farmdawg
Everybody gets hung upon the k member lowering and the cowl cut!!!!!!! Sheesh people it's not frickin rocket science. When I lowered my k member, I had the car in the air supported by jackstands on the frame stubs, supported the k member with a hydraulic jack and lowered it enough to get the 3/4" spacers in and then put the longer bolts in and lifted the k member back up and tightened it.

The cowl cut is not that significant and unless you are desperately looking for it you won't see it, the plastic trim piece covers the back pulleys and the rear 1/4 of the blower just laying over it. The patch cut out and welding the patch panel included in the kit can be done without lowering the engine out of the car, but doing so makes it easier. I didn't lower the engine out of the car, so I didn't disconnect the hoses, lines or shock mounts, just hunched over and sat on top of the block, I didn't want to make any more work of the install if I didn't have to. My entire install is documented in an old forced induction section thread, from May-June of 07 entitled My 02 SS maggie, h/c, suspension install if I remember right, I took lots of pics, and posted them showing the install, the patch being cut out and welding in the new piece along with other items. Do a search and check it out.

My car was recently tuned by Mike and Ron of Vengeance when they came out to Oahu for a tuning trip for me and some friends, and with my heads, cam, headers, forged 347 and 10lbs of boost it put down 545rwhp and 550rwtq, I dont have any track times, the local track closed a couple of years ago and the closest track to run on is in Maui, I will try to get there for some shakedown runs and to get the suspension adjusted before I leave Hawaii, but until then you'll just have to take my word for it. There is a car out there running an MS4 with heads and 5lbs of boost making 574rwhp.

This kit makes tire spin as simple as blipping the throttle, and anyone that buys it, after getting it tuned will have a perma-smile slapped on after driving it for the first time. The instant torque is insane!!!!
Whoa, where did you read I was in desperate panic situation mode.
All I was asking was how easy it is and never mentioned the cowl mod.
But thanks for the info, I take it there instruction sheet covers all points of lift for the lowering of the engine. BTW what's a "frame stub",
my car just has a frame.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
TS6 enough with the thread hijack.

ADMIN
I agree thanks John.
Old 08-31-2008, 03:11 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99SSragtop
Whoa, where did you read I was in desperate panic situation mode.
All I was asking was how easy it is and never mentioned the cowl mod.
But thanks for the info, I take it there instruction sheet covers all points of lift for the lowering of the engine. BTW what's a "frame stub",
my car just has a frame.
I didn't have an instruction sheet when I did mine, I used the guide for 'vette installs and improvised where needed and talked to Ed....a lot.

I called it a frame stub, but it's the frame section that ends right under the firewall on an F-body.

Quick Reply: GMHTP Covers Late Model Speeds LS1 F body magnacharger kit