Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

LGM motorsports turbo hotside enquiry

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008 | 10:49 PM
TECH Junkie

man an affordable hotside kit would be huge. Especially a company selling with a very good reputation. They'd definitly sell quick
Old 09-08-2008 | 08:56 AM
TECH Veteran

Would there be any benefit going with another custom header setup when the 6.0L manifolds have made over 900 rwhp on some cars?? I think it would be simpler/cheaper to use a C6 passenger side manifold on the passenger side and a 6.0L truck manifold on the driver's side facing forward. The C6 passenger side manifold will clear the A/C, and can curve around the K-member to the front. Then the builder will decide what DP needs to go through the Driver's side. I bet you could get a 3.5" DP through there with solid motor mounts, even a 4" with an aftermarket K-member.
That is the kit I'd like to see, and we could sorce our own manifolds (not because I already have mine or anything). Just the manifold-to-turbo pipes and an option for a T4 or T6 flange is what I want to see someone offer; maybe a DP too for stock K-members that runs back to the cat-back hook up.
Old 09-08-2008 | 12:27 PM
Launching!

2500 sounds relly good
Old 09-08-2008 | 12:32 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Sideways240sx
Sounds Awsome I will be very interested to see how it is all done, I know it will be a quality product.

As far as moving the abs... Just do the SJM abs delete.

Also have to have some sort of wastegate option, but im sure you already know that.

Thanks, Chris
What wastegate options would you guys want?? Turbosmart, JGS, Tial...etc???? 40mm, 50mm 60mm??
Old 09-08-2008 | 01:17 PM
TECH Junkie

I would vote TIAL maybe a 40mm with the T4 and 60mm with the T6
Old 09-08-2008 | 08:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Firm believer in your LG Pro's,...so hell yes.

Do it up.

Need a F-body donar for a T6 flange?
Old 09-18-2008 | 08:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
Id say somewhere around $1500 for the headers coated. Maybe a lil more....
Id say Close to 3K if you use Stainless and have it coated and include the crossover and flange for the turbo.
I would spend the same!
I really like the idea you have Louis esp since it is coming from LGM LG products =
Maybe look into building two kinds of hot parts, High Performance Hot Parts and DD Hot Parts that will leave the factory A/C. Just a though.
Subscribing
Old 09-18-2008 | 11:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Can you make them work with a 80 malibu with a lsx, I'd try them and take pics?
Old 09-21-2008 | 08:05 AM
FormerVendor

I currently have a TON of turbo parts at the shop. We are looking at a few different avenues Maybe adding AC on top of a truck kit too Its going to take some creativity, but were working on it . Jose has a mock up S91 coming and I have a PT88 here as well as an TC76.
Old 09-21-2008 | 08:08 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Louis
I currently have a TON of turbo parts at the shop. We are looking at a few different avenues Maybe adding AC on top of a truck kit too Its going to take some creativity, but were working on it . Jose has a mock up S91 coming and I have a PT88 here as well as an TC76.

Good turbo choices, should cover a nice range of combos. Looking forward to seeing your results
Old 09-22-2008 | 12:29 PM
Launching!

I would like to see a nice CAST turbo manifold with a T4 flange, for a twin turbo setup. I would buy a set tomorrow if someone could tell me where. APS won't sell theirs without buying the kit...
Old 09-22-2008 | 01:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by stevewix
I would like to see a nice CAST turbo manifold with a T4 flange, for a twin turbo setup. I would buy a set tomorrow if someone could tell me where. APS won't sell theirs without buying the kit...
I'm telling you, someone could do wonders with one C6 passenger side cast manifold on the passenger side and one 6.0L non-EGR passenger side cast truck manifold on the driver's side. Aren't custom turbo headers over $1000?? The C6 manifold I have was $35.00 and the truck manifold was $28.00.
Old 09-22-2008 | 01:35 PM
FormerVendor

Ill look into it, but packaging might be an issue with the down pipe and the re-routing of the passenger side into the turbo.
Old 09-22-2008 | 02:00 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
Louis,

Id say somewhere around $1500 for the headers coated. Maybe a lil more....
Id say Close to 3K if you use Stainless and have it coated and include the crossover and flange for the turbo.
Id have to sit down to see what it would take for the crossover and flange work.

Its going to be a lil bit of $$

People have the mind set all wrong when it comes to this stuff.

They see the other (Cheaper kits) price cheaper and they get it in there heads that this stuff should be cheap......
A well built kit is going to cost some $$

Thats just my .02
This is very well put. I'd have to agree 100%. Those prices are very fair honestly.
Old 09-22-2008 | 03:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Louis
Ill look into it, but packaging might be an issue with the down pipe and the re-routing of the passenger side into the turbo.
Here ya go: https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...1#post10154121
Passenger side into turbo goes around the AC compressor and the downpipe will go on the driver's side. Size of down pipe will be determined by K-member and motor mounts. With solid motor mounts I bet a 3.5" DP could work.
Old 10-21-2008 | 06:31 AM
no title here

I would be interested in the turbo kit if it keeps the AC and allows me to run an 88 mm turbo. I was looking at the Ebay kit but I would much rather know what all my options are.
Old 10-21-2008 | 02:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Am I the only one that thinks 2500 for essentially some headers is outragious?! seriously ppl the Hot side has ONE extra part compared to a standard set of headers, 2 if you count the down pipe. The design process will take a couple extra hours compared to a standard set of headers since your working around the accessories. other than that, there isnt all that much more involved!?

Someone please explain to me how you can get full long tubes in stainless for under 1K and by essentially adding a merge pipe and down pipe(which are the easiest to fabricate) brings the price up to $2500!?!?
Old 10-21-2008 | 06:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tricked-Out-Toy
Am I the only one that thinks 2500 for essentially some headers is outragious?! seriously ppl the Hot side has ONE extra part compared to a standard set of headers, 2 if you count the down pipe. The design process will take a couple extra hours compared to a standard set of headers since your working around the accessories. other than that, there isnt all that much more involved!?

Someone please explain to me how you can get full long tubes in stainless for under 1K and by essentially adding a merge pipe and down pipe(which are the easiest to fabricate) brings the price up to $2500!?!?
Its simple really.

If it was easy everyone would be doing it. I wont build a setup of one off turbo headers for under $1500. That dosent even touch the Crossover and DP. My time is worth more to me than that.

No trying to be a Smart A$$, but everyone has the idea Turbo setups are cheap and easy to build. If they were so cheap and easy to build everyone would build their own and save their $$$$.
Old 10-21-2008 | 07:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Josh @ KYTP
Its simple really.

If it was easy everyone would be doing it. I wont build a setup of one off turbo headers for under $1500. That dosent even touch the Crossover and DP. My time is worth more to me than that.

No trying to be a Smart A$$, but everyone has the idea Turbo setups are cheap and easy to build. If they were so cheap and easy to build everyone would build their own and save their $$$$.
1 off stuff is COMPLETELY different. 2500 for a custom nobody else has turbo hotside is reasonable. but if your setting up a jig and banging them out in mass production the SAME WAY you do headers then where is the cost increase coming from? by the same rational headers should cost 1500. they have just as many bends and actaully require as much or more thought if your trying to go the "equal" length route....
Old 10-21-2008 | 07:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Tricked-Out-Toy
1 off stuff is COMPLETELY different. 2500 for a custom nobody else has turbo hotside is reasonable. but if your setting up a jig and banging them out in mass production the SAME WAY you do headers then where is the cost increase coming from? by the same rational headers should cost 1500. they have just as many bends and actaully require as much or more thought if your trying to go the "equal" length route....
The "mass" in mass production of headers versus turbo hot parts is going to be way different. As he said in the first post, he's sold thousands of headers. The R&D cost is soaked up little by little over all those sets. I would imagine that only about a hundred sets of hot parts will be sold due to the limited demand. That R&D has to be soaked up over a much smaller quantity. It's simple economics.

Quick Reply: LGM motorsports turbo hotside enquiry