Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

New LSx 427" shortblock done, TFS 6-bolts or ET LS7 6-bolt heads

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 06:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had et 265's on order since last year. I am going with the Trick Flows.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:14 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1dirtyZ
can some one explain to me this: the TFS heads flow somewhere in the range of 350 / 270 cfm on the intake/ exhaust at .600 while the ETP heads (ls1- 265 runner) flow 367/240 respectively , are we comparing apples to apples here or these numbers produced from different test methods?

and if they are , should i be looking for the head with the higher exhaust flow ( supercharger application) and not worry about the intake side?

and why do the tfs heads only go up to .600 lift only? is it a spring issue or does flow fall off after .600?? ( if it is a flow issue , what lift can they go up to?)
One thing I know from running alot of TEA/TFS's products over the years is their numbers are never overly optimistic, they make the power, great power.

Also their exhaust flow numbers are done with a pipe on the exhaust which brings up the exhaust numbers ALOT but also is real world numbers that simulate how they work with an exhaust on them. which is why you see much higher numbers than the ET heads exhaust

P.S. I'll be ordering TFS 6-bolts this week thanks guys..i just wanted to make sure I wasnt missing out on needing to go with the ET heads. Im not a max effort car...Just headed toward my goal of a mid 8-sec car with a/c and streetable Its my 90 lx stang getting the new setup

Quick Reply: New LSx 427" shortblock done, TFS 6-bolts or ET LS7 6-bolt heads