Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Stock fuel lines to Aeromotive fpr,who's done it?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 05:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock fuel lines to Aeromotive fpr,who's done it?

Unfortunately due to a miscommunication between Nate's Performance & Lonnie's Performance I am now left without a fuel pressure regulator on a customer's car.It has a brand new engine s/c'd I built & I cannot even fire it up till I get fuel pressure to the rails.I have an Aeromotive boost referenced regulator with AN fittings I would like to use but I'm not at the shop & would like to know who has hooked their stock rails to an aftermarket FPR & what did you use.I'm assuming Hard line to AN fitting adapters made by most of the aftermarket fitting manufacturers will work i.e. Earls,Russell's,etc. but not sure if the lines are standard measurement,i.e.-3/8" or 1/2" or some kind of stupid metric crap.This really sucks as I'm having to do extra work & the customer is having to pay more because ,as usual,somebody else couldn't do their job.Thanks
Old 01-25-2009, 09:14 PM
10 Second Club

I did it. Here is a pic of the way I did it. I took the schader valve out of mine and hooked it up there. It works fine so far.

Old 01-25-2009, 09:23 PM
Teching In

Thanks!!,I can't tell from the pics,how did you hook the regulator to the factory rail & what fitting did you use to connect the stock fuel line to the regulator?
Old 01-25-2009, 11:29 PM
10 Second Club

I used the stock fuel lines. Then I used the factory schrader valve to hook the fpr to, on the other outlet I hooked my fp guage, and ran my return line from the ATI Procharger kit to the bottom of the regulator. It was a pretty simple set-up and works great. Sorry but my car is stored in Florida and I cannot take anymore pics as for I am in VA right now for work.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:45 AM
On The Tree

Here is the perfect fitting for you. You just unplug your factory feedline from the rail and place this fitting in between the rail and factory feed. It's a quick disconnect style fitting so it's plug and play. It then give you a 8AN port you can hook to a remote mount regulator.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
Old 02-22-2009, 02:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you just use the evap line as your return? Did you remove the evap unit and just cap off that port on the manifold? I just installed rails and a regulator, I don't have any fuel pressure now. Trying to find out what I did wrong.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:09 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since you mentioned my name in the original post, I'll ask why I never received a call from you concerning a regulator issue?

Did you actually purchase a regulator from me?
Did you contact me about this?
I do not remember a call of this nature.

If I fail to help you then by all means fire away, but at least contact me first before dragging my name through the mud.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:34 PM
FormerVendor

I agree with Lonnie I have no idea who you are or what you are referring to but if I did I would be more than glad to help out. Please give us a call and get it straightened out.

Nate
Old 02-23-2009, 12:55 PM
ss1
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm surprised as well. When I ordered my dual intank pump setup from Lonnie he specifically asked me if I was going to run an external regulator and if I wanted the intank one removed.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You really should talk to the vendors you're bashing.

But to answer your question yes the fitting you're looking for exists, it snaps on the stock had line and will have a -an fitting (size of your choosing) looking up.
I'd imagine both of the shops you're complaining about sell them.
Factory feed line is 3/8", evap is 5/16"
They look like this:

Quick Reply: Stock fuel lines to Aeromotive fpr,who's done it?