Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

New Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 11:20 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default New Injectors

I just picked up 8 LS3 Flow balanced modified injectors in the tall style to clear my FAST. These injectors are the NEW Bosch Gen.4 injectors that flow 42 LBS at 3 Bar or 50 LBS at LS rail pressure of 57psi.
I'm pysched as I didn't want to run old ford technology (green top) in my GM!!!
I will be able to grab the 06 Corvette injector tables and use them in EFI Live as a good starting point for setting my IFR tables.

John was a wealth of information at Fuel Injector Connection, LLC
Tel: 770-888-1662

Photo of the New Injector next to the LS1 injector.

Ed
Old 09-17-2009, 03:10 PM
Banned

^^^ it is cuase for the little cap on top.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:14 PM
TECH Regular

The cap is a machined extension that makes the shorter 4th gen injector as long as the earlier 3rd gen injector.

The improvement comes from the new 4th Gen Bosch design. The green top ford is like a 20+ years old design. A lot of improvements have come along in 20 years.
Ed
Old 09-17-2009, 06:33 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BRD-PREY
The cap is a machined extension that makes the shorter 4th gen injector as long as the earlier 3rd gen injector.

The improvement comes from the new 4th Gen Bosch design. The green top ford is like a 20+ years old design. A lot of improvements have come along in 20 years.
Ed
we have these up to 100lbs high impedance for use with the stock PCM in an ls rail pm for more info.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Fic Flow Max Fuel Injectors3.pdf (324.3 KB, 419 views)

Last edited by FICINJECTORS; 09-17-2009 at 11:05 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:31 PM
Banned For Creating Troll Account t1_ID_MIKE

That PDF says "Easy tuning as it is the same coil as the stock injector!"

Does this imply that the injector dead time data in the ecu does not have to change with any of these different sizes since it's the same coil?
Old 09-23-2009, 03:32 PM
On The Tree

Hey I’ve got a turbo ls6 and thinking about making the switch to e85… Figure these 90lb bosch pieces you’ve got should do the trick. Went through this article and found I need a bunch of injector data to make sure fueling is correct and I can get a good tune (using hptuners). Not sure exactly what all of it is, but this guy works for GM so figure he obviously knows his ****. Anyways, you said you have these for use with stock pcm, so hoping I can just plug in your data for these and start running some alky!! Let me know!

BTW, I think these are the tables I need data for…
Attached Thumbnails New Injectors-hp-flow.jpg   New Injectors-hp-offset.jpg   New Injectors-hp-short-pulse.jpg  
Old 09-23-2009, 03:41 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Tony1
That PDF says "Easy tuning as it is the same coil as the stock injector!"

Does this imply that the injector dead time data in the ecu does not have to change with any of these different sizes since it's the same coil?
the dead time data is supplied with the injector in a format that you can easily insert into hp tuners.. I will not post the dead times for these for obvious reasons.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:46 PM
On The Tree

Cool, so they come with dead times vs. manifold vac then? What about the flow vs. mani vac, short pusle adder, and min pulsewidth data? I wouldn't want to just enter the data from the 06 vette like BRD-PREY mentioned since the article makes it clear changing flow can skew all those other numbers and get everything outta whack...
Old 09-23-2009, 07:20 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by rx_treme
Cool, so they come with dead times vs. manifold vac then? What about the flow vs. mani vac, short pusle adder, and min pulsewidth data? I wouldn't want to just enter the data from the 06 vette like BRD-PREY mentioned since the article makes it clear changing flow can skew all those other numbers and get everything outta whack...
all we give you is the dead time, We are not tuners and we don't represent that we are. So how is everyone changing injector sizes with minimal problems, There are countless LS1's using the Siemens 60. There is no data that comes with that injector. These guys have installed these Bosch Injectors and had great success. Maybe one of them can chime in. Chuck COW, Cory, Henderson Motorsports, Ron, Vengence, Julio, Cartek. Chris, xtreame Motor sports, Frazier, Speed Inc. Carmine, vette doctor, and over 60 other shops across the country including Hemi guys and Ford guys that have put these in. No Injector that I know of comes with any data. But since this is the identical injector that came with the ls2 and up it would be conceivable that tuning these using the resources and/or expert tuning shops in the business would be easier than using an injector that has no resemblance to the factory injector.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:11 PM
Teching In

Default Chiming in!

Originally Posted by FICINJECTORS
all we give you is the dead time, We are not tuners and we don't represent that we are. So how is everyone changing injector sizes with minimal problems, There are countless LS1's using the Siemens 60. There is no data that comes with that injector. These guys have installed these Bosch Injectors and had great success. Maybe one of them can chime in. Chuck COW, Cory, Henderson Motorsports, Ron, Vengence, Julio, Cartek. Chris, xtreame Motor sports, Frazier, Speed Inc. Carmine, vette doctor, and over 60 other shops across the country including Hemi guys and Ford guys that have put these in. No Injector that I know of comes with any data. But since this is the identical injector that came with the ls2 and up it would be conceivable that tuning these using the resources and/or expert tuning shops in the business would be easier than using an injector that has no resemblance to the factory injector.
Chiming in! Jon is AMAZING at what he does. Insofar as quality parts, excellent service, great prices, and what seems like 100 years of fuel injector experience (I think Jon's like 80 or 82 years old now...) He can always tell you exactly what you need and how to set it up.

Tuning most of his injectors is as simple as changing flow rate, especially when the coil or body is the same as what you started with.

While tuning injectors can be tricky if you don't start with the right core and body, Jon usually has an option for just about everyone that minimizes tuning and expense.

I'll never buy another injector anywhere else and you shouldn't either!

Stay TUNED!
Chuck CoW
Old 09-23-2009, 11:41 PM
TECH Regular

Default I said, "starting point"

Originally Posted by rx_treme
I wouldn't want to just enter the data from the 06 vette like BRD-PREY mentioned since the article makes it clear changing flow can skew all those other numbers and get everything outta whack...
If you have a good tune and you swap to a larger injector, having numbers for dwell time, short pulse adder etc. to start with is better than nothing.
Thats what I said, I would do. Us the 06 Corvette as a starting point. I then need to adjust for the volume increase that will result from taking them from 36 to 42 lbs.
Ed
Old 09-24-2009, 01:32 AM
Banned For Creating Troll Account t1_ID_MIKE

Or you could go with Injector Dynamics injectors. They are the only aftermarket injector supplier that includes ALL the necessary data for both Ford and GM computers. [removed non-sponsor link]

Last edited by MeentSS02; 09-24-2009 at 07:36 PM.

Quick Reply: New Injectors